2.0 lvl 92+ tempest windripper casualrangertwentythird

hey I don't have full gear yet for my windripper but I picked up assassinatin/lethality crits.. my dps with full power charge is 4k on split arrow hah

I'm wondering if it's the gear/gems- or a combo of both that makes my DPS only 4k!
Hey Zoroxo!

Great to see a guide for tempest and windripper. What's ur oppinion about jewels? What did you use before you died?

How do you like the handling of frenzy charges? I have a hard time keeping it up with the single target skill, is blood dance the only other option to keep frenzy charges up permanent? I guess blood-rage is risky with VP.

Alex
Nice guide

What are your thoughts on LGoH vs Life Leech support gem?
Why no Blood Rage? *edit* nvm, I see you went Vaal Pact.
Other than corrupted blood, what mobs / map mods / situations are difficult for this build?

Why did you go for the power charge and Written in Blood wheel? If you changed those nine points for the last two points in Revenge of the Hunted wheel, the last point in thick skin wheel, Heart of Oak, Wisdom of the Glade, and the Depth Perception node, you would gain 32% accuracy, 16% eva, 30% stun avoidance and 20 dex at the cost of 10 str and 18% pow ch dura.

9pts: 20% life - 50% crit (power charge) - 30 int - 10 str - 18% pow ch dura
9pts: 20% life - 40% crit (passive) - 30 int - 32% acc - 16% eva - 30% stun avoidance - 20 dex - 1% life regen (negated by vaal pact)

How valuable is the power charge duration to you?
Last edited by Glowstix on Sep 8, 2015, 11:21:02 AM
"
newtrick1 wrote:
hey I don't have full gear yet for my windripper but I picked up assassinatin/lethality crits.. my dps with full power charge is 4k on split arrow hah

I'm wondering if it's the gear/gems- or a combo of both that makes my DPS only 4k!

Without seeing your lvl or gear, I'm just going to assume you need levels, gem levels, and weapon elemental damage jewelry.

[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
"
Aleiix wrote:
Hey Zoroxo!

Great to see a guide for tempest and windripper. What's ur oppinion about jewels? What did you use before you died?

How do you like the handling of frenzy charges? I have a hard time keeping it up with the single target skill, is blood dance the only other option to keep frenzy charges up permanent? I guess blood-rage is risky with VP.

Alex

Life + attack speed with bows. Those are the most important ones. After that, you can probably just go for lightning damage, attack speed, crit etc. If you don't have good jewels, you can use the unique static electricity jewel to gain a solid dps boost. Get 2 of them, put 1 in the slot close to VP, and the other at the ranger frenzy charge.

You keep up frenzy charges simply by using frenzy. Once you have levels for the duration nodes, it gets easy. Especially with high movespeed + fast bow.

"
Nice guide

What are your thoughts on LGoH vs Life Leech support gem?
Why no Blood Rage? *edit* nvm, I see you went Vaal Pact.
Other than corrupted blood, what mobs / map mods / situations are difficult for this build?

Why did you go for the power charge and Written in Blood wheel? If you changed those nine points for the last two points in Revenge of the Hunted wheel, the last point in thick skin wheel, Heart of Oak, Wisdom of the Glade, and the Depth Perception node, you would gain 32% accuracy, 16% eva, 30% stun avoidance and 20 dex at the cost of 10 str and 18% pow ch dura.

9pts: 20% life - 50% crit (power charge) - 30 int - 10 str - 18% pow ch dura
9pts: 20% life - 40% crit (passive) - 30 int - 32% acc - 16% eva - 30% stun avoidance - 20 dex - 1% life regen (negated by vaal pact)

How valuable is the power charge duration to you?

Can't do ele reflect. -max can be a bit sketchy with single target reflect. Blood magic is a big no because your auras/heralds kind of tripple your dps.
Rest is honestly pretty fine. Obviously lightning res, elemental equilibrium, enfeeble and such will slow you down. But all are very doable.

I went for what I felt would mix/max on high level. Last few levels I would put into heart of oak, 2 filler points in revenge of the hunted and the thick skin filler. I don't think Depth Perception is worth it. It might be if you have 0 accuracy on gear, but I had pretty op ruby ring. I see a lot of softcore builds go for that cluster, I never really understood why. Guess they want to be critcapped or something, but being crit capped vs having 80% crit when you already attack at an insane speed doesn't matter at all.

And I actually never noticed Wisdom of the glade, that might have solved the initial int problems, but I would still want rest of the points to go into hp. For mix maxing at exactly 112 points, you build is better assuming you don't need the strenght, but endgame you really just want hp if you're playing on tempest. I mean, on my new character a white bird crit me offscreen for 6,5k in a crema :D
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]
Last edited by ZoRoXo on Sep 9, 2015, 7:49:14 AM
Hey again ZoRoXo.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Aleiix/characters

What would you think would be my next step part of getting a new ring with eledmg?

You got any tips?

Alex
"
Aleiix wrote:
Hey again ZoRoXo.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Aleiix/characters

What would you think would be my next step part of getting a new ring with eledmg?

You got any tips?

Alex

Your profile is set to private.
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]
Fixed that now bro! :)
"
Aleiix wrote:
Fixed that now bro! :)

30+ multi on amulet + quiver. 30+ WED on belt. Not sure about how much you want to spend and such, but you should easily be able to buy boots with more resist, that will let you maybe get a "shittier" belt with high WED. Can also blessed up the ring in the right slot. I think it's good enough to warrant couple blessed orbs, but it's up to you.

I guess everyone has different ways to search for gear upgrades. But at least imo, amulet is a dps + hp slot, unless you're desperate for a certain resist or attribute. So try to search for 60+ hp, 30+ multi, and either high added ele damage, or high WED. Open suffix for the crit enchant would be op, but can't always get what you want.

For the glove slot. I haven't really looked on glove prices for a while, but I do remember everyone that already had rolled attack speed on them seemed to cost a lot. So try to search for high life, added elemental damage (people usually think this stat is shit) 2x suffixes for resist and an open suffix for the haku attack speed enchant.

You also have some random dex node allocated, not sure what's going on there, same with 2 points in the accuracy wheel, but not the big node... :D

But your gear honestly is pretty decent for not having reached 90+ endgame yet. The 6l is pretty op considering it's corrupted.
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]
hey mate im following your build in hc-tali right this moment any tips for changes in 2.1 im currently only lvl65
cheers
ign: ROCSpoe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info