Added Chaos Damage

people use this gem?
I wish you could use This gem with melee.
Forum pvp
"
lolozori wrote:

And what's stopping you currently?
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
lolozori wrote:

And what's stopping you currently?

well 200 dps added as chaos damage is worthless compared to lets say the added fire dam gem or phy2light or conc effect.

You loose a lot of dps changing any of those gems with Added chaos damage in your main skill.

This is a great caster gem I guess but with melee weapon it don t scale so it s pretty much useless.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on May 27, 2015, 3:37:54 AM
well bows seem to be fine with it because "projectile damage" boosts all damage types.
so look for similar just "increased melee damage" or increased damage.
but yeah added fire scales more. =p
Last edited by soul4hdwn on May 27, 2015, 1:28:42 PM
If you have a Physical Damage weapon.

Elemental Weapons are not as powerful as Physical right now, but they still exist.
Problem "with this gem" for melee is that most nodes are physical ones, and not melee damage.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
so look for similar just "increased melee damage" or increased damage.

"Increased melee damage" is a LOT different there... The game has only 9 TOTAL nodes that add to all melee damage:

- 3 minor and 1 notable in the Templar starting area that add a combine +44%.

- 2 minor passives in the Duelist/Ranger inter-area that add +16%. (in the "Graceful assault" wheel)

- 3 separated notables (one connected to the above 2 minors) that add to "attack damage" for both melee and ranged: Graceful Assault for +16%, Bloodletting for +20% (restricted to bleeding enemies) and Ambidexterity for +26%/+20%. (restricted to dual-wielding)

The top four and the other 5 are too spread to have all of them. (even on a Maurader or Scion) So a Templar could have +44%, or a duelist up to +32%... Or +58% if dual-wielding, and theoretically up to +78% against a bleeding enemy why dual-wielding.

By comparison, my Ranger hasn't even focused ENTIRELY on just "projectile damage" (instead their tree is more balanced to fit a range of things) and, with only 15/23 of the passives, still has a whopping +161% (out of a quite-plausible +223%) increased projectile damage.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
GGG pls add this gem to any vendor. ACD is drop-only now.
Last edited by treshsocket on Jul 19, 2015, 4:47:56 PM
1% quality gives +0.5% increased Chaos Damage, for a total of 10%increased chaos damage at 20% quality.

Does this increase work for a converted portion of my damage? For example if i equip infernal mantle and use fireball with 20% quality Added Chaos Damage, is that 25% converted fire damage amplified by the 10% increase the added chaos damage gem offer? Or is that 10% increase local to the flat chaos damage the gem gives?

Thank you in advance.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info