Spark

I like sparks as it is, its new, fresh and original and please dont redesign this spell into a chain lightning or such, just too many games already offered such standard spells.
The only problem i have with my multiple spark high crit build is damage output.
Im currently lvl 20 in normal and have some trouble killing stuff effectively without spamming the screen with sparks and draining my mana pool in mere seconds..
I agree spark just needs some buff of any kind, be that enhanced crit or something like a bigger dmg range and lineair grow of dmg, for example start with 1-10 dmg then steep up the progress in leveling through 5-50, 10-100, 20-200 etc..
Without any support gems spark really lacks dmg in my opinion, even if you start to pair the spell with the most interesting choice of support gem, multiple projectiles, the damage is blended even further by penalty's.
Please buff the spell in a constructive manner, as such it isnt overpowered as well in later stages/levels
Last edited by KronosTitan on Jul 20, 2012, 7:01:00 AM
New and original ? It exactly resembles the Charged Bolt that figured in Diablo I and II :p

Not that I mind, I've always loved shotgunning lightning :)

I don't find it weak... If you don't hit something, move a bit, ricochets aren't THAT random, esp since the game has sometimes "blind spots" in its LOS. For ST, you can always step closer and "shotgun" the target.

But I agree that lightning could use some ST or long-range spell.
I was thinking of something really interesting with Spark and its effectiveness. Spark goes linear for a certain range, and then goes into random directions. Why not change it from distance to time? For example, make it go linear for about half a second before it shoots off into random directions. This will make the faster projectiles support gem much more valuable. The Spark gem with quality added adds projectile speed too, but I don't really find projectile speed all that useful as of right now.

Also, I was trying out something interesting, and that was to lay frost wall behind the enemy, and then use spark so that it would ricochet off the frost wall and hit them again, but the only problem I saw with that was that frost wall would magically absorb the sparks instead of make them bounce off. Is this working as intended, or will we eventually see it happen?
"
Skjuld wrote:
New and original ? It exactly resembles the Charged Bolt that figured in Diablo I and II :p

Exactly resembles? Granted, I didn't play D2 as seriously as some people, but they look very different to me.
Charged Bolt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsToY8O7euY
Spark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtI5-fuiVI
It's a similar idea, but a much different implementation.

"
thauller wrote:
I was thinking of something really interesting with Spark and its effectiveness. Spark goes linear for a certain range, and then goes into random directions. Why not change it from distance to time? For example, make it go linear for about half a second before it shoots off into random directions. This will make the faster projectiles support gem much more valuable. The Spark gem with quality added adds projectile speed too, but I don't really find projectile speed all that useful as of right now.

Also, I was trying out something interesting, and that was to lay frost wall behind the enemy, and then use spark so that it would ricochet off the frost wall and hit them again, but the only problem I saw with that was that frost wall would magically absorb the sparks instead of make them bounce off. Is this working as intended, or will we eventually see it happen?

I could be wrong, but I think it already does change direction based on time and not distance... I seem to remember a discussion about that in a previous build Spark thread. I also seem to recall that there weren't any plans to have Frost Wall bounce sparks, though many people (including myself) thought it was a great idea.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
Last edited by UristMcDwarfy on Jul 21, 2012, 2:42:16 AM
I tried a lightning build recently. and it did not go well. simply because at level 10 the skill was still able to deal 1-3 damage. this i do not like. although it does have a high max damage im sure freezing pulse would work much better. If i am wrong about this, please reply thanks
ACE Member.
It's really not a big deal.
I love this skill!
In the most recent one week race I made a what I call "Kuduku witch".
It worked very well, even without good equipment and it became awesome with good equipment. Often I can one- or two-shot rare mobs.
Once I finish leveling my witch I will post the build and make a video of it.

Suggestion: let AoE passives determine the size of the sparks. (Not sure if this turns out well though ;D )
Last edited by Spacke on Sep 18, 2012, 8:32:39 PM
Just curious, why can't sparks go over rivers but other projectiles can?
Because sparks move along the ground, where (most) other projectiles move through the air.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Because sparks move along the ground, where (most) other projectiles move through the air.

Oh, it really looks like it goes through the air.

Is that intentional or a limitation for how spark works?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info