Punishment

I would like to know the same. Does physical damage reduction affect the damage returned ?
Of course. The monster deals less damage, so there's less damage to reflect.
And that's why you should never use it to reflect your own damage taken, but that of, for example, minions. Their life pools are expendable. :P
Well I asked because I am not sure, the skill description says

"Curses all targets in an area, causing them to suffer some of the physical damage they deal with their attacks."

I am not sure how _deal_ is to be interpreted

- the phys damage the monster does, or
- the phys damage you take ( which is lower if you have damage reduction )
Damage dealt is exactly as it says; damage dealt. When you take 50 damage, 50 damage was dealt.
Well this makes this skill total crap...

I was building a Life/armor Marauder that deals only reflect damage (and some direct for casters and so on) but this way Punishment does nothing for this build.

Not only do I think it does nothing anyways even if you had no armor, but this was it is even worse...

I'm dissapointed in this skill.
If I support it with let's say added chaos damage, would it return as chaos damage as well?
no, the foe is just getting damage reflected. they are source of the damage to themselves via this curse.
I'm correct in thinking that Vulnerability will amplify Punishment's damage, right?

"
aethernox wrote:
I'm correct in thinking that Vulnerability will amplify Punishment's damage, right?

Hahaha, that's pretty brilliant. Reflected damage is also effected by Armor and Endurance Charges, so Vuln should work.
guess just needs a curse that causes foes to attack faster and hit harder (but sometimes miss). but that's already been done a few times and i heard people hate it because its gimmicky, except it'll shine like diamonds in this case (which a rare few games have enabled this combo some shape or form).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info