Punishment

I would very much like to see this curse apply the buffwhenever you are hit, not just melee hit. The buff already only buffs melee, which is more dangerous to play compared to ranged and spellcasters. Why make it to where melee has to be hit by a melee attack? Sure, that will happen to melee much more than a ranged character, but if I am hit with a projectile or spell at point blank range it just seems silly that the buff isn't applied there given it is in melee range.

I'd just really love to have that stipulation renoved from this curse, then I would actually use it.
totally agree
to make any other curse work you just need to cast it
while punishment needs one more condition
and it's not working when you fight archers or spell-casters

why should i use it, when i can go vulnerability for example?

change it at least from being triggered when you are hit by melee attack to "when you are hit in melee range" or smth alike

i think this skill has good potential and it's a shame it working only in 33% cases
Trigged by damage while in melee range. Have it give monsters an aoe similar to blasphemy which puts the effects on players.

So you curse them and if they do damage to you they trigger the buff for you while you are in range.

It gives a decent damage buff at the moment, Less than vulnerability but super niche usability, and if you use cc its unusable.
Few things:

Skill description is unclear - it's hard to tell whether the buff activates when you hit a cursed monster, or when a cursed monster hits you. It took me a while to realize it was the latter.

I recommend the following change to the buff: Curses all targets in an area. Cursed enemies grants a buff to anyone they hit with melee attacks. The buff grants more Melee Damage and increased Attack Speed.

The buff won't trigger when the hits are blocked - I'm not sure if this is intentional or a bug. But the description is talking about getting hit. From what I understand, whenever I block, I got hit, but just deny the damage. Am I wrong here? Or is it meant to be like this?

It's been said before, but the buff seems rather hard to trigger. I understand it's meant to be an increase in damage, but I would value Vulnerability or Elemental weakness over a buff that maybe triggers for just a few seconds.

Just my few cents :D
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Why is "Punisher" duration modified by curse effectivness? Is a double penalty on an already weak/underused curse vs bosses really necessary?

This curse feels really weak in comparison to other curses, unlike other curses, one must wait for a monster to hit you in order for it to proc. perhaps if we scaled down the value of the curse and made it so it would proc whenever we hit a cursed target.
Is it normal that punishment don't work with blade flurry ?
"
Messento wrote:
Is it normal that punishment don't work with blade flurry ?

"Cursed enemies grant (25-35)% more Physical Melee Damage on Melee hit"
Cursed enemies, apply buff, when they hit.
Ho ! thank you very much, I have never seen this important detail.
I thought about punishment more and I thought unlike other curses since the 75% less change, it can be pretty useful in boss fights.

Fromy my testing, Punishment buff duration scales off

- skill effect duration
- curse effect

but not
- curse duration (tested with level 1 curse on hit, buff applied was still for 4 seconds)

With just dying breath equipped, the buff that appears on me has a timer for 5 seconds (4*1.18 = 4.72 seconds, but the timer in path of exile icons displays the ceiling of real timer which makes sense).

I didn't test in depth on how exactly each scales, whether they multiply or not (maybe curse effect provides base duration, or it may just be additive with skill duration)

This means if you play a build that happens to get high skill duration (uncommon for melee, but you could get some for free as a melee necromancer), curse effect (also a funky investment but hey), and slot a skill duration gem in, you could proc this buff off adds in a boss fight and maybe get a 10-12 second buff. 10-12 seconds of 40% more dmg is pretty good. But it's still inconvenient as hell as most adds just die instantly and you need to curse them with it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info