Frost Wall

Anyone from GGG care to shed some light on this skill?
Projectiles still going through Frost Walls.
I can see a lot of people calling it OP - I played a cold caster and while I find it helpful, I wouldn't call it OP + bugs make it hard to use properly.

The mobs which are actually blocked aren't the one I would consider deadly in the first place (besides some bosses). However there are so so so many projectile skills or skills using the projectile mechanic (like voidbearer's blue incinerate skill) that can go pass through it (not to mention mobs that leap, lightning warp, whirling blades through it etc.) that it really makes it impossible to protect a glass-canon type of build in the long term. It will be helpful however to put some pressure off, but that's it.

Plus, there's a lot of bugs with it, including stone golems being able to roll through it or melee fighters being able to hit you through it (assuming they are in range, it just stopes them from moving forward, but if you're in their melee range, they can still hit you even with frost wall in-between - I found it out the hard way with Kole...).

But I like the skill, I used the spell totem + wall to get me through some tough times when I had silly gear in merciless, but in the long term you want your totem to do damage or produce distraction (like minions) so you can do damage and this will never be a viable end-game strategy for a totem. Now I mostly use it when low on ES (CI build) to run away and go back into the fight when I'm recharged. Overall a useful utility skill. I would love to see more stuff like that (i.e. not dealing damage but frequently used).
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
This skill has it's weaknesses and holes but I use it (with inc. Duration of course) for two things, closing doors until I summoned my totems/minions back up and to force mobs to retarget if they keep going after me. Works nice for both purposes. If you have the mana to spam it, you can move mobs around pretty effectively too.
Just don't try to hide closely behind it. You're likely to work yourself into a corner with this and die.
... is not a troll
So, I'm sure I'm not the first to have considered this, but, anyone ever considered using this skill with puncture on an archer? The main weakness on a ranged puncture build is ranged enemies that are difficult/impossible to make move. Throw up an ice wall and now a fair amount of them are walking.
nvm
Last edited by piperazinedream on Jul 3, 2013, 11:22:16 AM
"
slyme wrote:
Why isn't this skill affected by the "Increased Duration" support?
you mean it stopped working? because that support is one of the only reasonable supports (totem and trap are the others) to use on ice wall and worked in the past.
"
slyme wrote:
Why isn't this skill affected by the "Increased Duration" support?
It is
Projectile Attacks from Monsters still randomly pierce the wall, although they have no pierce chance.

Is this intented?

Also some projectiles act really weird with frostwall. For example the projectile of alchemists (not the trap) looks like it pierces, but deals no damage. Same thing happens the other way around sometimes, the wall blocks the attack but you still take damage.

I made sure to /oos first so that I was certain the wall was placed correctly.

IGN: DatInternet

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info