Frost Wall

In Harbinger this skill works nice to block out enemy mobs and projectiles (aside from the bug where enemies just ignore the wall and hit you in melee range). It is however also a huge annoyance for other players.

I'd suggest to change the skill so that only enemy projectiles are blocked. Relying on people using pierce isn't going to work, as other players are not going to change their build if they play with me, they'd just kick me instead.
I would love to see a thresold jewel for frost wall that increased it's charge count +1 for each jewel, and gave frostwall a secondary explosion effect, sort of a wall shattering aspect.

The charge count would let it be on par with tossing traps, just about, the explosion would give it more predictable aoe coverage.

with the new spell cascade, this could turn out to be are really fun play style.

With unique setups, lesser durations to get the explosions faster, longer duration for making a huge shield aspect. where you are trying to trap enemies, then having bit explosion follow up.

Or heck give it a combo skill setup, where you hit frost wall with fireball and it ignites into a burning field, or such.

I think with a threshold jewel setup the skill could be used again, other than a great

CWDT safety setup.

Which is what i still use it for, take a ranged hit and the wall goes up in from of the pack of monsters shooting you, from a far, while I use the fact all my stuff now just passes through it to kill them in return.

So I'm still very unhappy with this skill overall even after years of waiting for changes to it.

1) The charges means I cant spam it and I want to spam it. I understand That it would make it overpowered because it blocks enemies however right as it is its worthless. If you are playing the game then you 1 shot anything that isn't a boss anyway so blocking movement of dead enemies does nothing. For using it on bosses spamming it just allows the boss to walk through the wall anyway because for whatever reason when you spam it enemies act like it doesn't exist.

2) As mentioned above there still seems to be a bug where enemies just walk through the wall completely defeating the purpose of the skill a solution could be to increase the knock back amount since I think the way it happens is if they are in the wall and would be unable to move any direction because of that then they can ignore it.

3) Team play for this skill sucks why not just allow all players to pass through it? If I can create a giant wall of ice you would think I could move a portion of that wall out of the way while I pass through it really quick.

4) Damage is lacking, yes it wasn't created with being a main skill in mind but players are the one that decide what to use. If you didn't want this to be a main skill you shouldn't have any damage on it to begin with.

5) Ineffectiveness. Unless you are in very tight corridors where the terrain can add to your wall this skill doesn't do anything at stopping enemies from reaching you. Most threatening enemies are so fast that the 0.01 second longer that it takes them to reach you matters not. A rework of this skill might be a better idea. Either a ring prison to trap enemies in or a nova effect around you that prevents anything from getting close for a couple of seconds would be so much better then what we have now. If nothing else this could be a vaal variant

6) No skill effects suck. One build that I really would like to try now is an Avatar of fire, burning damage, frost wall build however its a frost wall setting things on fire would look weird. I could do it yes but visuals are important too as such I find it so odd that a fire wall, the original wall, effect hasn't been made yet

7) Hard to hit things. I think there should be an Aoe tag added to this gem. This aoe would do a nova from each wall emerging that does damage however it would not effect the length or amount of walls. Right now you are lucky to hit 2 or 3 enemies with it because the damage box is so small.
hello there,

is it possible to not have a cooldown on frostwall and just be able to have only 2 walls active at the same time?

A little bit like "Wave of Conviction".

and to if cast frostwall the third time, let the first frostwall explode doing DOT damage around it or if the first wall explode into
alot of ice shards
fly around (or infront reverse to the direction of the player),

"wich can pass the other frostwalls" like now (all projectiles fired by the caster of Frost Wall pass through a Frost Wall).

should be piercing by default so nobody can abuse the chain mechanics.

thankyou for reading! :-)

kind regards
JeckNoTree
A
Last edited by JeckNoTree on Jan 27, 2020, 5:26:18 PM

Flame wall is ATm more interesting than frost wall. Frost wall also lost some offensive possibilities when friendly projectiles bouncing inside it got nerfed.

I propose an idea to revitalize Frost wall into a cool and interesting skill.

Give Frost wall a life pool that diminish over time and make it able to get destroyed by friendly fire and enemies. Once frost wall life pool exhausted it would explode throwing ice shards in a nova dealing cold damage.

Now frost wall become a defensive skill and an offensive one. It can also be used during party play as other players could destroy your wall.

maybe used with less duration we could detonate the wall quicker using it for purely offensive means or with increased duration we use it for it s defensive capabilities.

a slight change would be to also disallow FW to be used with spell cascade and spell echo.
Forum pvp
This is a genuine question, but are enemies supposed to be able to run through frost wall? I was using this in Maze of the Minotaur after using it in a fight with the elder after I left it in by mistake. I thought this wall would be unpassable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info