Frenzy

Well... its cost less mana... Other than that i dont think there was any other buff. But i think i'll try uing this as main skill. I wnated to try heavy LL duelist with frenzy for a while. Now that melee splash was buffed it might actualy be worth it.
"
LollyScramble wrote:
Personally don't like the new skill effect. Would like to see more of a green matrix effect blur like Morpheus/Agent Smiths arms (but green).

Don't know how you'd achieve it..
1. particle emitter of green smoke on model of player.
2. green shader of previous 3 frames of animation. (maybe 1 frenzy = 1 frame, 2 frenzy charge 2 frames etc...)
This, this sounds like such a cool effect

also, to get more people to play this skill (a buff of sorts, definitely a buff)

for every 4 frenzy charges you have, your frenzy attack echo once (then you have to invest into charges at least a little, and for 2 echoes you need to invest a lot, all 3 passive nodes, kraityn and an item that gives a frenzy charge, so you will rarely see 2 echo frenzy players)

as it currently is, the skill feel very much inferior to other skills

edit: with that visual effect of the green shader, that can cause the "echo" as well when you're at the right amount of charges :P
Last edited by KiKurASiruSaSH on Jan 14, 2017, 1:34:14 PM
A plain Repeat with no additional modifiers is a straight downside, especially for Frenzy:
1. Repeats occur at the same rate as non-Repeating attacks. Spell Echo and Multistrike are only faster due to their More Cast/Attack Speed respectively. It would just lock you into place for longer with no additional benefit, unless even more Attack Speed gets added...

2. Frenzy grants one Charge per activation, which means Repeats reduce your Charge generation.

So uh. Be careful what you wish for :P
"
Vipermagi wrote:
A plain Repeat with no additional modifiers is a straight downside, especially for Frenzy:
1. Repeats occur at the same rate as non-Repeating attacks. Spell Echo and Multistrike are only faster due to their More Cast/Attack Speed respectively. It would just lock you into place for longer with no additional benefit, unless even more Attack Speed gets added...

2. Frenzy grants one Charge per activation, which means Repeats reduce your Charge generation.

So uh. Be careful what you wish for :P
with echo i mean the effect of the echoing shrine

edit: which if i am correct, repeats your attack/spell in the same time it would take to do one attack, effectively doubling your output

edit 2: as i explained that with the other persons visual it would look nice if the shadow effect(s) does the 2nd / 3rd attack

edit 3: eh, i need to finish thinking before i press submit, even with this i think frenzy will still be inferior to certain other bow skills
Last edited by KiKurASiruSaSH on Jan 14, 2017, 2:53:20 PM
"
edit: which if i am correct, repeats your attack/spell in the same time it would take to do one attack, effectively doubling your output

The Echoing Shrine, just like the aforementioned Supports, grants a Repeat plus x% More Attack/Cast Speed (100% probably?). Repeats have no inherent speed multiplier.

Essentially, what you're looking for is x% More Attack Speed per 4 Frenzy Charges, with Repeat 1 per 4 FC as a drawback? Which is insanely powerful btw, especially if you want a speed multiplier similar to the Echoing Shrine buff. It would triple current Attack Speeds at 8+ Charges, which is actually pretty easy to acquire.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"

The Echoing Shrine, just like the aforementioned Supports, grants a Repeat plus x% More Attack/Cast Speed (100% probably?). Repeats have no inherent speed multiplier.

Essentially, what you're looking for is x% More Attack Speed per 4 Frenzy Charges, with Repeat 1 per 4 FC as a drawback? Which is insanely powerful btw, especially if you want a speed multiplier similar to the Echoing Shrine buff. It would triple current Attack Speeds at 8+ Charges, which is actually pretty easy to acquire.
mhm, maybe 100% more is a bit much, but a bit of love to this skill is needed in my opinion, maybe 25% or 30% as you get AS per frenzy charge as well, then as drawback you stand still longer with fewer frenzy charges gained (echoing xD )

again, edit: which will give the skill some more attention, as it will be the only ranged skill with a "multistrike"

and on mellee it shouldn't work with multistrike then >.< lol

edit #2: or it could be a threshold jewel, with 50 dex, if you have 4 or more frenzy charges, frenzy gain 40% more attack speed and the attack happen twice, that way, you need to invest in at least 1 frenzy charge somehow, and a jewel slot (Jewel named, uncontrolable frenzy)

edit: I made something
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1819001
Last edited by KiKurASiruSaSH on Jan 14, 2017, 4:22:11 PM
Hi GGG,

I have had much confusion about this skill.

It seems the intention is for a focus on physical damage with "5% increased Physical Damage per Frenzy Charge (frenzy skill)."

However, every other buff associated with frenzy is NOT physical:
2% movement speed per frenzy charge (raider)
3% attack speed per frenzy charge (raider)
3% attack damage per frenzy charge (raider)
5% increased Attack Speed per Frenzy Charge (frenzy skill)
4% increased Attack Speed per Frenzy Charge (charge)
4% increased Cast Speed per Frenzy Charge (charge)
4% more Damage per Frenzy Charge (charge)

I propose removing the physical tag from the gem.

Regards,

Higglefrizz
"
Higglefrizz wrote:
Hi GGG,

It seems the intention is for a focus on physical damage with "5% increased Physical Damage per Frenzy Charge (frenzy skill)."

Regards,

Higglefrizz

Exactly. Why is it still restricted only to the physical damage?

Also I would like if the Frenzy would be efficient to use as a viable alternative for poison builds by boosting general damage per frenzy charge since its green/black theme kind of fits that.
"
Higglefrizz wrote:
Hi GGG,

Regards,

Higglefrizz

Aside from cast and movement all of those can scale frenzy physical damage.

The charges themselves are not tied to physical, just the skill.

Update: Up to 800k Shaper, 1.45m trash DPS. lol

It's not popular but if you take the reduced mana nodes on the tree frenzy is actually easy to use. I have a build I made that does around 400k shaper dps using a 7 link frenzy and only costs 25 mana a swing.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right!" Henry Ford
Last edited by Jackel6672 on Jun 28, 2018, 11:12:34 PM
plese remove that stupid ugly GREEN projectile. let it be like it used to be.
" GREY "

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info