Explosive Arrow

"
AvonBarksdale wrote:
The mana cost of this skill is absolutely ridonkulous.
I have it on level 11 atm and it uses 34 mana. 112 mana if linked with multi pro, added fire dmg and added ele. dmg.
Elemental Hit level 12 uses 19 mana, 62 if linked with the mentioned supports. Level 10 Frenzy 16/52.

Got 138% increased mana reg atm, spamming pots and using Warlord's Mark constantly, yet still running out of mana pretty damn fast.

SUP?

Using Blood Magic, 22 Life per Hit, 6% Life Leech, Skill costs 82, as long as I hit at least 2 or 3 of them, I get a heal ;)
Unofficial Offline Skilltree Tool by Headhorr and me:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/19723

kenzen naru tamashii wa,
kenzen naru seishin to,
kenzen naru nikutai ni yadoru.
Comparing this to Poison Arrow

level 29 ranger

Poison Arrow(level 8) for me takes 1-3 shots to clear a group of mobs.

Explosive Arrow(level 4) sounded really awesome when I was reading what it could do. I saw little damage unless I got 3 or 4 fusses on the target. Then the mana cost for 1 explosive arrow to poison arrow makes it less attracting to use.

If explosive shot got less mana per shot I think it would equal out with the damage.

i will provide video soon since nobody took me seriously last time...

make a witch...grab a bow...get this skill...take all the fire/aoe passives...then tell me how this skill performs.

hint...it creates a insanely great dps witch. im talking 2 shot blue mobs in chaos. not 2 shots per target...2 shots for the entire mob since you have huge aoe from witch as well :)

no chance a ranger can ever take advantage of this skill like a witch or templar can.
~SotW HC Guild~

"
draktaco wrote:
Comparing this to Poison Arrow

level 29 ranger

Poison Arrow(level 8) for me takes 1-3 shots to clear a group of mobs.

Explosive Arrow(level 4) sounded really awesome when I was reading what it could do. I saw little damage unless I got 3 or 4 fusses on the target. Then the mana cost for 1 explosive arrow to poison arrow makes it less attracting to use.

If explosive shot got less mana per shot I think it would equal out with the damage.

Theres your problem right there. The passives that support exploding arrow are by the witch/templar.
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
looking at new tree, my explosive arrow witch just got a huge boost!!!
~SotW HC Guild~

"
scorpitron wrote:
looking at new tree, my explosive arrow witch just got a huge boost!!!

I've never been more scared of ele-reflect *shudder*
Last edited by indczn on Feb 13, 2012, 5:16:54 PM
A long time ago I had explosive arrow witch too, she was really powerful but she died to reflect. This is almost the only drawback of this build, since the damage is delayed, if the aura mob comes after your shots, then your just dead.

The cap doesn't help much because, when you got, for example, 15 charges up on a group of mobs, it makes 15 instances of aoe damage, so easily more than 50 total damage instances, then good bye witch xD

But that was pretty fun to play, I shall respec her someday :D
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Last edited by zriL on Feb 17, 2012, 5:14:39 PM
So this skill is effected by weapon elemental damage passives and mods on items as well then?

And then fire passives too?
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Yes, fire and elemental damage increases will apply (as well as weapon fire damage and weapon elemental damage).
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info