Enduring Cry

I think enduring cry charges should last 1mn.
"
NagiSoi wrote:
"
nameforgame wrote:
When a bug is removed Spell Echo + Enduring Cry?
Or permanent physical immune no longer considered a bug?

You have to build around that, plus self casting one charge at a time was too tedious and nnoone barely used it.

how ironic both quotes seem now... Shame. It was fun while it lasted (tho I never used spell echo, just cwdt+ic+ec for those sudden bursts of damage)
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
The new EC animation is very pretty, but doesn't appear to show the correct diameter.

I have a reasonable amount of additional aoe and (by memory, I don't have a screenshot) it looks a fair bit smaller than the old one. The old one visually let me know when I'd hit multiple mobs with it (to get more charges) but the new one absolutely gives charges for mobs outside of the animation radius.

To be clear - there is no bug in the generation of charges which feels exactly the same, but the animation looks too small and ends before it reaches the mobs which still give me charges.
I still dont understand why you'd make an aggro spell/cast/shout whatever that doesn't really build up any aggression.

Surely, fleeing enemies that are on fire can be 'pulled back' with this, but its only like 0.5 seconds of actual aggro?

The skill's cooldown is 4 seconds, why not make the build up aggro last for 3 seconds?
That way you can acutally tank properly for your friends and with an increased duration gem you work like an actual tank should.

Obviously damage should build up aggro aswell in order to break it if you deal to much, just like your regular RPG style aggro system.

But, as the skill has been the way it is for almost forever I doubt this is going to happen.
Sad.

Currently you cannot really play 'together' in a party, only 'alongside'.
Everyone is still fighting for his own life.
Meta-game holds no value - Play with what you like!
This feels like a "busy work" kind of spell. It's not a fun way to create endurance charges, and aside from that it doesn't provide a whole lot of benefit.

A secondary benefit that lasts significantly longer than the endurance charges created by the shout might make it both fun and actually worth using for those who don't like micromanaging charges in the middle of battle. (Something compatible with an increased duration support gem, preferably.)

Remember the shouts in D2? They were kind of fun because you could do them *before* entering battle. And then focus on fighting. This gem has you getting pounded on by enemies while you cast it. And who enjoys that?
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Dec 3, 2015, 11:03:01 PM
So from a great quality of life CwDT+EC we now can't even put EC on faster cast?

Using this skill basically slows my clear speed by 10-15%. Feels clunky.

And then you look at the new quality of life Curse-Aura, and wonder what is going on in GGGs heads when making these balance changes.

Should we expect Aura removal in 2-3 patches?
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
Odoakar wrote:
So from a great quality of life CwDT+EC we now can't even put EC on faster cast?

Correct. In the same patch its base activation time was also halved however, so it's a double gain: faster activation and a free socket.
Still feels slow. I used to run this with FC+Spell echo and the cast was really fast, now it feels like I'm standing still for eternity. At least I don't have to cast curse anymore.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
If I use it to try to generate charges, standing still even if it's just for a split second to cast it always makes me take more damage than if I don't use it and just go for killing the mobs as fast as possible. So much for a defensive buff... Maybe if the skill was balanced around letting the player get the defensive buffs before entering the fight it would make more sense.

Frankly, your timing is bad then. You do get that defensive bonus before the fight, if you're actually using it at a respectable range. Note that ECry covers nearly the entire screen, no need to be anywhere near an enemy to refresh your Charges...
For a skill named *enduring* cry, it sure does not last very long. A few notes:

- the life regen buff is entirely too short, especially since it taunts enemies. Realistically the buff effect should last as long as the taunt does otherwise (endurance charges aside) it leads to a false sense of your defensive state and is extremely counterintuitive; by the time enemies are actually attacking you the regen will have fallen off, so it basically just serves as a minor top off instead of an actual "enduring" cry (or else rename it to something like resilient cry). Increase the duration and knock down the regen rate to compensate so that we can actually make use of it as a reliable source of regen.

- the pause on this (and just warcries in general) seems unnecessary and janky, QoL would be increased drastically by making it castable while moving, especially since warcries are no onger spells and are thus not affected by a vast majority of support gems. It's pretty annoying to leap slam into things only to be stunned / interrupted or enemies run out of range because my inquisitor has to stop to flex at enemies like an idiot. If we can't affect casting speed via the normal means (gems / passives / items) then something else needs to be done about it to make it entirely less stutter-step-ish.

- wtb warcry support gems

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info