Discharge

0.9.5 feedback below this post

Just a random suggestion from someone who only touched the skill to see its pretty graphic, then never again as the gimmick seemed too restrictive, what if the skill only consumed one of each charge per cast?
Discharge used to do more dps than before.

However, I feel that this skill in is current form is lackluster because where the concept truly shines is if this skill were to not deal damage... but provide static bonuses based on the charges expended.

Kinda like immortal call.

E.g 30% chance to chill an enemy with 10% chance to freeze for the next x attacks. Where x = 3(no. of frenzy charges)

20% chance to shock enemies around you for 10 seconds to a maximum of x enemies. Where x = no. of power charges.

Enemies attacking you take 10-400 (level 1- 20) fire damage and have a 5(x) % chance to ignite for 2(x) seconds.

Where x = no. of endurance charges.
Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzudxtilpQP_CzgbmkYmW4w

Twitch:
https://www.twitch.tv/uberj4ger
Blood rage and warlords mark at full makes for a nice initial strike on a boss after clearing minions but I'd agree at higher levels it doesn't feel effective enough. Given the charges from frenzy expire so quickly it's nice to be able to have something to do with them.
Death by lag in HC = the most widely told tale to hide the shame of a miscalculated/overzealous death by game :)
I've been running a duelist named Splooge that uses Discharge as his primary skill (hence the name). I'm around level 70 now and have had no issues at all in Chaos in groups of up to 3 people; haven't tried anything larger.

That said, I run 6 endurance charges and 7 frenzy charges -- most of my passive points are devoted just to reaching all the charges, with very little left over for spell damage stuff (especially since it's so far away).

My point being only that the skill is perfectly viable as it is, but also doesn't feel overpowered in my setup, since my killspeed depends almost entirely on my ability to gather huge groups of monsters to maintain Enduring Cry==>Discharge chains and kill enough stuff to get most of my frenzy charges back with each cast through Blood Rage.
------
"And 'Do what thou willst' shall be the whole of the law." -- Aleister Crowley
"First, love; then, do what thou willst." -- St. Augustine
"Whatever is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
For me with six power charges and Voll's Armour, Discharge only does about the damage of one of my five Multi-projectile Ice Spear projectiles. Way too weak to consider, even if it did twice as much damage.
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
In the most recent patch, this skill seems to map to a sharp performance drop, even with screen shake off. Which is too bad, since my primary character is built around it.
------
"And 'Do what thou willst' shall be the whole of the law." -- Aleister Crowley
"First, love; then, do what thou willst." -- St. Augustine
"Whatever is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
I've been running a Discharge Marauder (purely endurance with enduring cry) and have had no problems in any area of the game with him. The skill tree grabs all the endurance nodes, runs all the way up to witch to grab fire damage, and then finishes with survivability via life in templar and near marauder.

Searing Touch and all the burn passives mean I do ~3x the initial damage on a burn, which with a high level chance to ignite and elemental weakness is over half the time. Also, with quality Discharge and +aoe, it hits a very large chunk of the screen (with no investment in aoe passives).

Enduring cry with faster cast and reduced mana cost is the main skill casted about 4 times, then 1-2 elemental weaknesses and a discharge, so mana costs are extremely manageable.

The character is extremely gear independent compared to nearly every other character I've played, the tankiness is a huge step up from any frenzy-based or power-based glass cannons I've made, and even the required links are small (mostly just discharge+burn, enduring+faster).

I don't really buy DPS woes in the slightest as I completely tank for the group (with a 10s immortal call when needed) and output 7k+ fire damage to the entire screen (+1.5x in burn*burnchance) relatively quickly.

Oh, and the screen shake is fun.
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info