[2.1]Poison Bladefall Hybrid Dual-Curse *Updated* (HC viable)

I've been planning to swap to this build once I get decent gear

Leveled in Talisman HC and currently doing early maps as Ancestral Bond totemer, the tree skeleton is identical to crit EK, and the start-of-league leveling with dumpster self-found gear was actually pretty painless, this is my current tree and gear

Dual crit flame totems with the extra searing bond freebie totem has been really solid, and is still killing stuff decently quickly and safely in tier 3-4 maps. Blasphemy + Enfeeble has been perfect for this

Basically once I get enough currency to buy a few better pieces of ES gear I'm gonna refund all the totem nodes and invest in the missing health, charge, jewel, and keystone nodes. Should be soon. But yeah if you're gonna run this build I strongly suggest leveling with totems because EK leveling kinda blows

This is my planned crit EK EB/MoM/ZO tree for 2.1

Did anyone else notice Blood Dance seems to have been upped in rarity this league? Very pricey at the moment :(
Last edited by Trentemoller on Dec 18, 2015, 1:51:29 PM
bro, are u planning a remake for 2.1?
"
Trentemoller wrote:
I was already planning to run this build for Talisman HC (as a witch), and then they went and buffed EK damage, AND gave it +1% proj speed per level. So that's nice.

Do you think the nerf to Blood Dance (now only gives 0.5% Life Regeneration per Frenzy Charge) will be too much though? Sounds like it will be hard to sustain MoM with only half the ES regen from Frenzy Charges. Is there another way to get Life Regen/ES regen for this build?

Running 1600 ES in talisman atm and the blood dance nerf seems huge. Have to spam EC just to keep ES even. Need like 3% regen from somewhere to sustain it. Kind of a bummer.
Hey,

I am no expert by any means, but if you can afford 3-4 points, you can try essence surge and the pre-reqs for it. (It's right by EB)

I think it helps out a decent amount.

Let me know you guys think.
"
"
Trentemoller wrote:
I was already planning to run this build for Talisman HC (as a witch), and then they went and buffed EK damage, AND gave it +1% proj speed per level. So that's nice.

Do you think the nerf to Blood Dance (now only gives 0.5% Life Regeneration per Frenzy Charge) will be too much though? Sounds like it will be hard to sustain MoM with only half the ES regen from Frenzy Charges. Is there another way to get Life Regen/ES regen for this build?

Running 1600 ES in talisman atm and the blood dance nerf seems huge. Have to spam EC just to keep ES even. Need like 3% regen from somewhere to sustain it. Kind of a bummer.

Might just be mandatory to have the talisman with 2% life regen as implicit mod.
Hey guys, OP here. Sorry for being MIA, I took quite a long break from POE and just came back for new leagues. I've been searching for a new OP build rather than trying to make this one work again... for a couple of reasons:

-Blood dance regen got nerfed
-Blood dance is also expensive now, almost 1ex for the cheapest when I was getting them for 4-5c last league
-There are a lot of new mechanics added into the game game such as blasphemy and poison which I wanted to utilize

To transition from that... I have found a really good build that I am breezing through content with. I might make a new thread but for now here is the short rundown of it. First I want to give credit to Etup's hybrid EK build (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1314433) and wutlatte's poison bladefall build (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1526164). I used these 2 great builds as the foundation for coming up with something that I think is very powerful, and most importantly... VERY CHEAP.

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABAcEswW1BnAHHgj0DkgRLxFQEZYV7Ra_GGoi9CaVKwoy0TW5Nj06WDwFPV9FR0WdSVFJsUyzTm1On1JTU1JUvVVLVcZYB1xAXGtd8l9qYeJirGpDaoxsC2yMbRl1_Xgven985X_Gg9uESIRvj0aP-pMnlS6Wi5eVl_Sa4JuhnDKdqqIAotmlxKcIpyusmLDYtMW1SLzqwFTAZsLsw23IFNDQ1ELVudfP62Pr7uwY74jwH_DV9W_31_k3

Gear

Stats

-3.9k hp and 3.4k ES with the ming's heart
-4 endurance charges with 100% uptime
-perma slow on enemies with temp chains blasphemy
-17k bladefall dps (the hidden dps of poison is not reflected in that number)
-25% chaos resistance, this is HUGE because chaos damage is the biggest downfall of hybrid and this is why I think Ming's is very valuable (and it's also like 3c!)

I don't want to write a lot here, but as you can see it is a hybrid poison bladefall build. We reserve 70% of mana with blasphemy- temp chains (very powerful) and warlord's mark (always have 4 end charges and sustain leech for both life/mana). I tried to go crit but it's not worth it, the build already kills every rare in 1 or 2 casts. I am only lvl 72 so this is still very much in progress.

I will try to get a video up and maybe make a new thread.

Bandits: Oak, Oak (Alira/Kill viable), Oak
Last edited by D_nasty on Dec 30, 2015, 6:14:26 PM
Added a quick video on the first page.

Here it is again:

2.1 Hybrid Poison Bladefall Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eXIDMoqieE&feature=youtu.be

Hit lvl 81 now, the build is everything I ever wanted in HC. There's a huge buffer for taking burst damage, I added another video on the first page where I take 2 big hits from the orchard boss (devourer) and I'm still left with 4k hp, on any other character you would be critically close to death with around 1-2k hp remaining. Let me know if you guys are interested in this build so I know if I should make a proper write-up like the last one.
"
D_nasty wrote:
Hit lvl 81 now, the build is everything I ever wanted in HC. There's a huge buffer for taking burst damage, I added another video on the first page where I take 2 big hits from the orchard boss (devourer) and I'm still left with 4k hp, on any other character you would be critically close to death with around 1-2k hp remaining. Let me know if you guys are interested in this build so I know if I should make a proper write-up like the last one.

How viable can this build be as a first build in the talisman league. I'm a returning player of over a year and always like Ethereal Knives but this looks more interesting. Is it very expensive to gear up for it?
"
Bcider wrote:
"
D_nasty wrote:

How viable can this build be as a first build in the talisman league. I'm a returning player of over a year and always like Ethereal Knives but this looks more interesting. Is it very expensive to gear up for it?

I think it's doable as the first build, like I said I bought all my gear for under 1ex, the most expensive thing was the 5L for 14c but I was using a 99ES 5L before that until lvl 75.

To start, I leveled as pure life then switched all my gear to hybrid (ES + Life) at around lvl 70 and took Ghost Reaver keystone then too. This is where the build really started to shine and gave me that almost unkillable feeling. Maps are easy mode now and for the small investment I made into gear I feel this build is pretty over-powered. I've currently farmed up over 3ex with this build, lucky drops a bit but also being able to kill any boss, exile, etc safely and running maps so quickly.

If anyone wants to run a map with me or has a quick questions, hit me up in-game at RestInReeses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info