Detonate Dead

Don't, it's a pointless waste of Mana.
To be honest I've got now lvl 16. I dont use it - just want to make 20 lvl and have qual 20% 1 lvl:)
I have a 20 quality Detonate Dead, which gives a whopping 60% increased cast speed. This has to be one of the best quality bonuses in the game. It lets me put up the totem 60% faster so I'm not immobilized for very long when using it, and the totem casts the spell 60% faster as well.

is my current 6link. (I would use culling strike instead of blind if I had the gem)

Since you never have to level up detonate dead, it becomes really overpowered with a 6link, as the mana cost is still negligible.
With the release of 1.0 I think a critical Detonate Dead Mine build might be interesting and viable if the mine-related passives implement what I hope they will. If anyone's interested, I'd gladly share my thoughts.
same name in-game
Can be a killer... in the hands of a map boss!! lol I think this skill can be a bit unbalanced if you run a map with dual bosses, and both have the skill, I jsut did a Springs map, and was downing both at the same time (melee char), and in less than a second, when I killed the first boss, the other detonated this bosses corpse (had to be bad luck, as the ground was filled with corpses, and think the skill is random?) and was an insta-kill, even with 78% fire resist.

Maybe bosses corpses should be marked as non-exploadable? most bosses and map bosses if exploded are a huge AoE !
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
a resistant mob is 25% damage taken from fire damage.
a non resistant mob is 100% damage taken from fire.

with fire penetration of 35% then makes:
resistant mob takes 60% damage taken from fire damage.
non resistant mob takes 135% damage from fire.

i much rather calculate things based on the weakest situation.

Non resistant mobs dont take 135% damage they still take 100% of the damage
"
vajura wrote:
Non resistant mobs dont take 135% damage they still take 100% of the damage

They lose 35% Resistance due to FPen, which increases the damage they take.
This skill needs a serious rework. Lvling it to do 100 physical damage is not worth paying 10x the mana cost... biggest ripoff a skill tries to pull in the whole game.
EDIT:

I was incorect my bad
Last edited by vajura on Oct 16, 2013, 1:32:45 PM
That's not what Pen gems do. They simply lower the target's Resistance after the Resistance Cap has been applied. If they just reduced Max Resistance, the description would say "Max Resistance"..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info