Detonate Dead

i expected burn passives to not work as well as i sorta knew the mine/trap mechanics. support gems always work and the spell damage was answered long time ago. considering elemental and fire passives still work, it is easier to reach 90% (or higher) via mixture of effort.

did not know how high culling strike gotten for its level up boost, nice to know but i rathe rhave burning do the rest instead of triggering more explosions.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Mar 14, 2013, 2:41:20 AM
what is the point of lvling this spell? the only important part is the explosion dmg which doesnt increase, however mana costs increase significantly to no advantage
IGN: anomolies
There is no point.
Please do something about cold damage ... it is dumb ... I cannot group up with people doing cold damage because it leaves no corpses. All the build I did gets countered by someone using cold damage in my group ... wich is dumb. (im talking about dominating blow build and detonate dead build.)
"
anomolies wrote:
what is the point of lvling this spell? the only important part is the explosion dmg which doesnt increase, however mana costs increase significantly to no advantage

"
Vipermagi wrote:
There is no point.

Indeed! This is my favorite spell in the game already, but I think it needs a little bit of love in this regard.

It could either get a slightly bigger radius per level (like corpse explosion in diablo 2), or the flat damage could be buffed while the monster life based part got a slight nerf. I don't know what the best solution would be, though.

Another issue with this spell is the fact that it's extremely easy to commit suicide with it if you run into elemental reflect mobs. Even more so than with other high damage skills since it scales to ridiculous levels when used on high HP mobs.
"
carkasjak wrote:
"
anomolies wrote:

"
Vipermagi wrote:
There is no point.

Indeed! This is my favorite spell in the game already, but I think it needs a little bit of love in this regard.

It could either get a slightly bigger radius per level (like corpse explosion in diablo 2), or the flat damage could be buffed while the monster life based part got a slight nerf. I don't know what the best solution would be, though.

Another issue with this spell is the fact that it's extremely easy to commit suicide with it if you run into elemental reflect mobs. Even more so than with other high damage skills since it scales to ridiculous levels when used on high HP mobs.

I totally agree.
Any chance of increasing the level up effects? Hell, even giving it more physical damage per level would really make it sweet.

(Or give us more gore per level <3 )
Sorry for the triple post, but I have some feedback.

Level 41 with my DD character at the moment. Only thing I really have to worry about is my 1v1 skill to start the chain.

I almost have every single AoE passive, quite a bit of Fire passives/Ele Passives, and I'm really enjoying it. So far, by blowing up a white mob, I can deal 50% (Or so) of the blown up mobs HP. At the moment, I have DD linked with Increase AoE & Fire Penetration. Can't wait for a 6L ;)

I was originally going to level this skill up to max so I could use the Added Fire + Hatred combo while going Eldritch Battery. But the physical scaling of this skill is horrendous. I may level it to max anyway EVENTUALLY, even if the physical portion is low. (Every little bit helps)

This is my first character that doesnt rely on spamming one skill; Im constantly moving, changing tactics. The gameplay is very fun, I am really enjoying this skill.

___

Im planning on saving up all my currency so I can buy that new AoE Unique Chest. Gaah, it'd be so sweet with my build.
Does Detonate dead works with passive Ancestral bonds? Thx
"
Does Detonate dead works with passive Ancestral bonds? Thx

It wont deal damage if you cast it. Your totems can use it though.
Last edited by Walhart on Apr 3, 2013, 1:08:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info