Blood Rage

the amount of damage that is done should be static. theres no reason the chaos damage should be affected by chaos resistance. Inner force should not increase the amount of chaos damage done.

fix it
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
"
leighferon wrote:
theres no reason the chaos damage should be affected by chaos resistance.
The reason for the chaos damage being affected by chaos resistances is that it is chaos damage. To not be affected by chaos resistance would meant it fundamentally wan't chaos damage (and would remove a cool and interesting interaction with CI that has been a cornerstone of several builds over closed beta).
"
leighferon wrote:
Inner force should not increase the amount of chaos damage done.
Blood rage is a buff. Inner force increases the effects of buffs. This is intended.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
leighferon wrote:
The reason for the chaos damage being affected by chaos resistances is that it is chaos damage. To not be affected by chaos resistance would meant it fundamentally wan't chaos damage (and would remove a cool and interesting interaction with CI that has been a cornerstone of several builds over closed beta).
"
leighferon wrote:
Blood rage is a buff. Inner force increases the effects of buffs. This is intended.

then it needs to be changed to allow gameplay with it in later levels...its flawed and needs to be redone
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
"
leighferon wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
leighferon wrote:
"
leighferon wrote:

then it needs to be changed to allow gameplay with it in later levels...its flawed and needs to be redone

I disagree.
Also, taking CI makes you invulnerable to the damage, but you do not get the attack speed increase. There is an inherent tradeoff that makes sense. Please do not change that.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
I've got some questions about the skill:
Is there a way to remove Blood Rage when you don't need it(like Righteous Fire)?
If not, can you make it work with Vaal Pact,somehow, without using CI? I tried using Vitality to negate the damage from Blood Rage but Vaal Pact disables even that.
IGN: infested
Why is +Quality Blood Rage life leech still bugged on refresh?

The initial use gives me the 10% from my 20% lvl 20 gem. But after it refreshes, it's down to 6% again.

I'm losing 4% for no fucking reason. Fix this shit already. The entire point of +quality is the additional LL, and it doesn't work for 99% of the ability's combat duration.
IGN = Warlyik
Sorry for not reading through 23+ pages of posts, but my main concern with Blood Rage is this:

It only procs Frenzy on a killing blow, which requires you to micromanage it while in a group (5 other people competing with you to get killing blows).

I'd like to see this changed so that the Frenzy procs on assists, not just kills. If I do damage to a target and another person kills it while my Blood Rage is active, I should get a Frenzy charge.

Would make the skill viable in groups.
"
Warlyik wrote:

The initial use gives me the 10% from my 20% lvl 20 gem. But after it refreshes, it's down to 6% again.

I'm losing 4% for no fucking reason. Fix this shit already. The entire point of +quality is the additional LL, and it doesn't work for 99% of the ability's combat duration.
Quality on blood rage increases leech rate not leech itself.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
Warlyik wrote:

Quality on blood rage increases leech rate not leech itself.

Wrong. It increases the total LL.

I know because the initial buff gives me 10% LL, but when it refreshes (on kill) it goes down to 6% and stays there. Also, read the damn ability maybe.

This is related to the same bug that causes its duration to not inherit the duration gem's additional buff to the ability. Basically, this is shit coding. For some reason, all it's doing when it refreshes is it's taking a copy of the ORIGINAL, unmodded, un-quality'd ability and applying that.. rather than actually looking at what the user has. Not sure how lazy shit like this gets through.
IGN = Warlyik
Last edited by Warlyik on Mar 10, 2013, 9:34:47 AM
"
Warlyik wrote:
This is related to the same bug that causes its duration to not inherit the duration gem's additional buff to the ability. Basically, this is shit coding. For some reason, all it's doing when it refreshes is it's taking a copy of the ORIGINAL, unmodded, un-quality'd ability and applying that.. rather than actually looking at what the user has. Not sure how lazy shit like this gets through.
Because for a huge number of sensible and reasonable reasons, that's what we can do with the engine without having to make a bunch of special exceptions to how things are done only for one skill, and all those exceptions take a lot of time. This is a minor bug which simply can't be prioritised because it's much less important than a lot of other bugs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info