[2.1] Aegis Aurora + Mjölner, Facetank-Scion

"
rhenish wrote:
great build.. just a question it looks like your short of int where did u get that

I am level 89 now and I have got 307 Intelligence.
Skilltree says I have got 100 Intelligence:
The counted Intelligence skillpoints give 110 Intelligence. The Scion base has 20 Intelligence.

-> Skilltree is bugged. It shows less Intelligence than specced: It doesn't show the Intelligence increase from "Sanctity", "Retribution" and "Light of Divinity" (Templar Tree) = 30 Points less shown.

Increase from items:
Gloves: 41
Helm: 29
Shav. revalation: 74
Jewels (3x): 33
= 177 Intelligence from items.
+ 130 Intelligence from tree

-> 307 Intelligence (without Voll's Devotion Amulet)
ign: fanimala
Hey man, loving this build. At level 83 I have a 7k Discharge Top-end and a 1,900 Arc topend. I can do most bosses AFK if I really wanted to, my only question is:

For bosses, wouldn't a Multistrike, GMP, Molten Strike setup perhaps be ideal and a Lightning Strike setup for map clear be better? I can see why Cyclone is good for the stun immunity, but you're not that far from Unwavering Stance, and we have no evasion anyway.

Lemme know what you think
Seems like a cool build. It would be really cool to see a few videos on some hard maps.
Seems pretty nice in Theory,but how is the gameplay?is it even atziri viable?(with just a 5link) and how will desecrated ground be,since now chaos res?:Pyou should upload some hard high maps.Always wanted a mjölner tank that doesnt need ultra expensive gear,well atleast without the shav ring lol -also,for partys instead of using discharge,is it possible to use 2xarcs and link molten strike into kingsguard with the right support gems?
Last edited by Bannisher on Sep 5, 2015, 10:05:10 AM
One thought i had and i know gear in a mjolner build is hard to change, but if you took elemental equilibrium and had any flat cold on gear you would get 50% less fire res and lightning on enemies. Pretty big boost in dmg. (I mustve been looking at another mjolner build thought you went right by ele equilibrium but you dont).
Last edited by Fhark on Sep 5, 2015, 4:55:27 PM
Hey im curious, would it be ok to use alpha's howl instead of vertex?
To asnwer some of your questions:

- No Unwavering Stance : You need the 5% Chance to Evade for Blind
- Alphas Howl might work with the reduced aura reservation costs. I will add this option.

Elemental Equilibrium: My idea:
- buffs your Discharge -> Boss fight DPS
- reduces Arc dmg -> less Mob fight DPS
- buffs Party elemental DMG randomly by 50% and reduces it randomly by 25%, so verall 25% more Party DPS
- takes 7-8 points to reach :/ BUT I can grab another +1 Block from new Jewel Socket and some Int-Points

The 7 Point investment might overcome the 7 skill points investment. I will test it when I reach
lvl 96. (These 7 points would make me unkillable when I invest them in Life, Armor, or ES but lets see because I lack some Boss fight damage.)

For Skill gems I prefer Cyclone but you can also use Molten Strike / Lightning Strike but then YOU WILL BE STUNNED.
Hi, I've been using this build for a couple days and it's really fun and clears very fast. Currently I don't have much of a map pool, I normally run between tier 7-9 on most days and clear tier 4-6 often as well for currency/corrupted arenas.

My question for you is, why is LGoH good if we have more ES and if we cap block for aegis procs. Wouldn't multistrike be better (no idea if it actually works for cyclone)?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/lord9898/characters

here is where you can find my character and her gear (83 scion). I am thinking of swapping out LGoH to multistrike for more procs, I find single target to suck a lot and it feels slow in single target. I didn't bother with blind in my 5-link because I'm not taking much damage. I know my tree deviates a bit from yours, however I will be getting more life soon and hopefully a better ring.

I think it's easier to get jewels with block/stats and then focus on good gear rather than get my stats on gear. For my second ring slot I could even get a le heup of all as it would give all resist, stats, bit of extra rarity and increased damage for both cyclone and my lightning stuff. It would be fairly cheap too.

Othat than that, great guide.
First sorry for the late reply. I have got a lot to work here.

Multistrike does not work with Cyclone.

Why LGoH? This is a good question.
Life Gain on Hit gives extra sustain and Supports the cyclone costs if you havent got enough regneration. Cyclone hits a lot and replenishes your life very fast with LGoH. Our Problem is Chaos damage. It affects our life directly. LGoH will mitigate the damage.

You use Repentance and life leech in your Mjölner. You would not need LGoH.

LeHeup of All is a good decision because even small amounts of damage will scale very well with Mjölner-procs because you proc a lot.
Unwavering stance would be nice. It's interesting how you scaled your survivability through DPS combos regenerating life. Personally my tank builds just use a simpler DPS setup so I can max out gear survivability. I play mostly challenge leagues though, so to some degree it's also out of cost.

In your final passive tree, you could path up and left from the start, through the life wheel, and it would use less points to connect, but then the remaining points would go to dexterity on the right to reconnect duelist, except one. It would also give you some more available life node choices.

Here is what you could change:

-10 strength, -10 intelligence, +20 dexterity, +5% life, +Profane Chemistry access, +Combat Stamina access, +1 PASSIVE POINT.
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABAO4EswUtBjkJMwz3FCAVIBcvGbQaOBo-IWAnLykuKU8ppSzpLYMuUy_MMgk1kjrYOyg9Dz38QKBDMUSeRUdHfkrITP9RYFO7ValV1lcNWGNfP2TnZU1mVGaeaGVo8moBapNsRm6qcmxyqXTtdPF2rHk5eu97w3y4fLt82X7igKSC5ITZhXuGs4qvjHaMz5ARkFWXtJ48ogCplayvrY2vp7UEtfK3Mb02vqe-vMBmwL_BgsT2z37RNtNv1abYvdlh2sHiLOQi6dXqGOw47w7wH_Gs8wbzm_ZI9zL60vuq_gq3PoPMPC3GripNPyezP09WHt-DXw==

You can also path through shield nodes and strength at duelist instead of dexterity.

You can also take a shortcut near the corner of marauder and do -4% life/3% ele, +10 strength, but lose dependency on Barbarism and hence unspec that for better life or armor nodes, or anything else. These weren't included in my suggestion.
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.
Last edited by Cassie322 on Jan 18, 2016, 4:22:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info