[2.1] Aegis Aurora + Mjölner, Facetank-Scion

***Update: max Block. Testing Elemental Equilibrium. Going to add Repentance, Molten Strike / Lightning Strike Options & Maurauder, Templer and Duelist Tree. 12.01.16***

--- I am currently not at home for quite a while because of my work. I will still try to update everything. 12.01.16 ---

Unlocked my Character tab: Eternal_Goddess

Hi,

I just had the idea for a nice and tanky mjölner build and I want to share this idea:

Pros & Cons
Spoiler

Pros:
+ nearly damage immune due to Aegis Aurora & Blind
+ fast map clear speed
+ relies mostly on unique items
+ you can bypass some expensive unique items
++ build is open for personal modifications

Cons:
- Mjölner will drop your and your party's FPS
- contains more expensive unique items (Mjölner & Aegis Aurora both legacy or non-leg.)
- will do medium single target damage -> hard bosses will take time

Stats lvl 80
Spoiler

Defenses @ Merciless:

3400 Life
3000 ES
26000 Armour
52.5% Chance to Evade (Blind)
68% Chance to Block
16% / 48% Chance to Block Spells
76% (98%) fire res
80% (141%) cold res
75% (100%) light res
-60% chaos res
172 Life/sec
122 ES/sec
23% Movementspeed

Offense @ Merciless:

Chance to hit: 100%
~1.29 passive "AOE" APS while cycloning with Blind gem (Reckoning, Vengeance)
1.57 "AOE" APS Cyclone
5k Discharge - 3Power & 3Endurance Charges
1.4k Arc

Stats without Curses, Flasks or temporary non sustainable buffs.

Stats lvl 89
Spoiler

Defenses @ Merciless:
4580 Life
3216 ES
28100 Armor
52.5% Chance to evade (Blind)
71% Chance to Block
17% (51%) Chance to Block Spells
76% (98%) fire res
80% (141%) cold res
75% (115%) light res
-60% chaos res
274.4 Life/ sec
128 ES/ sec
23% Movementspeed

Offense @ Merciless:

Chance to hit: 100%
~1.29 passive "AOE" APS while cycloning with Blind gem (Reckoning, Vengeance)
1.61 "AOE" APS Cyclone
5150 Damage Discharge - 3Power & 3Endurance Charges
1420 Damage Arc

My Items ***Many are optional! and not must-have. Check full guide.
Spoiler

Current Skilltree lvl 80

Skilltree lvl 92

Skilltree lvl 100

Skilltree lvl 96 - Elemental Equilibrium
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABAdwEswUtBjkJMwz3FCAVIBcvGbQaOBo-HNwe3yFgJy8o-ikuKU8ppSzpLYMvzDLRNZI62D0PPfxAoEMxRJ5FR0a3R35KyEz_T1ZRYFO7VdZXDVhjXz9k52VNZlRmnmhlaPJqk26qbztyqXTxdqx343gNeTl5aHrve8N8uHy7fNl-4oCkguSE2YV7hrOKr4x2jM-PGpARkFWYrZ48ogCpbqmVrK-tja9sr6ezP7XytzG4k702vqe-vL_VwBrAZsC_wQTBgsT2xYrPftE202_Yvdlh4izp1eoY6-7sOO8O8B_xrPMG85v2SPcy-tL7qg==?accountName=fanimala&characterName=Eternal_Goddess

Scroll down for more information about Elemental Equilibrium.

The idea behind:

I wanted to play a build that could facetank nearly everything. I did not want to use a special rare weapon which could always be upgraded which would cost too much time. the same goes for armor items.
So this build uses a lot of unique Items which should be more easier to obtain than perfect gear.

The Core Items:

Mjölner:
The best weapon for builds which do not want to rely on weapon damage and scaling. You can use the legacy or the new variant.

Aegis Aurora:
The absolut core item. make you immortal in most situations because of its unique effect. Try to obtain the legacy variant on standard, it doubles the effectiviness.

Romira's Banquet:
The source of your (Power-)Charges because you use Resolute Technique so you will never crit.

Voll's Devotion & Stone of Lazhwar:
Voll's Devotion - typical Discharger-Item. It gives all stats you need and adds Endurance-Charges to your build.
Exchange for Stone of Lazhwar for additional survivability.

Optional Items:

*** Can be replaced by rare/ magic items.

Kingsguard***:
Adds additional survivability because you are always losing endurance charges.
You can use every other chest pieces instead but focus on life, armor and ES.
An alternative is Lightning Coil! Superb for extra survivability.

Shavronne's Revelation***:
Gives an extra Shield regeneration on top of your shield-replenish-amount from Aegis Aurora, it regenerates your ES while evading lots of attacks. It also gives a lot of the Intelligence needed to wield Mjölner.
You can use a rare ring with Intelligence and others mods instead.

Rainbowstride***:
The only reason I use these is because they give #% Block Chance applied to spells. The +1 to all Gems corrupted mod is an extra for those who can afford it.
You can use Armor/ Evasion/ ES boots with life/ resistances instead.

Stone of Lazhwar:
An important item for fights against spellcaster-bosses like in the crematorium, palace, torture chamber, ... Use it instead of Voll's Devotion to increase your survivability against those bosses by a HUGE amount.

Secondary Items:

An ES-helmet like

It gives you a lot of sustain and resistances. An optional Item would be Devoto's Devotion or
The Vertex.

They give extra Intelligence and Strength. Without them I could not handle the item requirements from Mjölner. They also add a good chunk of life to my build.

A really good life Belt. You need the extra life and Strength for Mjölner.

IMPORTANT:
Focus on life, Intelligence, Strength, Energy Shield, Armour/ Evasion, and some minor resistances on your OPTIONAL & SECONDARY items. Replace optional items with items enchanted with those statistics.
Dexterity can save some passive skill points allocated in Passive Tree-dexterity.

JEWELS

Use jewels with atleast +1 Chance to Block with Shield-mod!
You can go for Mace-Aps, %Life, Attributes, %ES, +# Resistances.

I use:

Spoiler

i am going to use additional

Skills:

Your Main Skill:

Cyclone:
I use this skill because its viable for multi-target & single-target threads. Less DPS than Molten Strike or Lightning Strike but Cyclone is easier to use and is less stressful.
Cycloning makes you stun immune and you won't need Unwavering Stance. You want to be evasive because you want to use Blind and maybe the Enfeeble curse! (5% base evasion is enough)

Blind:
Gives you 47.5% chance to be not hit by blinded enemies. It equals 47.5% additional chance to evade attacks. I recommend this gem because of its pure survivability bonus.

Faster Attacks:
Must have for this build. It greatly improves your Mjölner-procs.

Blood Magic
You will need this because you wont have sufficient mana to sustain Cyclone.

Fortify:
Adds a huge amount of survivability to your character while using Cyclone on enemies. I recommend this gem because of its pure survivability bonus.

Life Gain On Hit:
To sustain your Cyclone on no regen maps. It helps you to keep your life up.

4l:

Vengeance & Reckoning:
They give you more hits on enemies thus more Mjölner procs. Reckoning is especially viable because you will have a lot of %block chance.

Curse on Hit:
With Reckoning and Vengeance you will curse your enemies passively. It makes life easier.

Curse of your Choice:
Curses are good for survivability or damage output. What curse you use is up to you.
I use Warlords Mark because I just rolled the right colors. Warlords Mark grant additional life leech for more life-pool-sustain. Also grants nice Endurance Charges for your DPS.

Immortal Call:
Grants physical-immunity for a few seconds. Its especially helpful by hard hitting mobs with tons of attack speed. I recommend this gem!

Tempest Shield:
This gem is very important because it grants you 3% additional block chance. ITS A MUST-HAVE.

Cast When Damage Taken:
You want have enough mana to cast Tempest Shield or Immortal Call yourself. Makes life easier. Its especially helpful in combination with Immortal Call!

Increased Duration:
Increases Tempest Shields and Immortal Calls duration. Makes life easier and grants longer lasting physical-immunity with Immortal Call.

Determination & Grace:
They will give you your armour rating to use Aegis Auroras unique effect.

Discipline:
It will add more ES. More ES = more survivability. (The ES equals life in this build.)

Enlighten:
IMPORTANT: You will need this gem to cast the mentioned auras.
I will explain the mana reservation costs later on.

3l - Mjölner:

with Voll's Devotion:

with Stone of Lazhwar:

Discharge:
Your Main DPS skill and core spell! It will drop your fps. Do not use it in parties!

Arc:
Your secondary lightning DPS spell of choice. Synergices perfectly with Mjölner's +1 chain explicit.

3l - Aegis Aurora

Leap Slam:
Your movement skill of choice. Important for map clearing speed. It can be replaced by other gems.

Faster Attacks:
To accelerate your Leap Slam.

Blood Magic:
You can't cast Leap Slam on mana because you will reserve all of your mana.

Elemental Equilibrium?.

Like Fhark stated Elemental Equilibrium is super cool with Cast on Hit Discharge. So I made some speculations:
+ EE is a huge damage buff to Discharge
+ your party will get a minor buff to elemental damage: alternating between -50% res and +25% res on enemies -> roughly -25% res on enemies = +25% more damage for your party
+ +1 Block when Jewel Socket taken
- damage decrease for Arc -> maybe less mob damage
- takes up 7 Skill Points (8 Skill Points when you take the Jewel Socket aswell)
- you will lose overall some Life, ~ 150

+ it is a super cool combination of Skill + Passive :)

experimental Skilltree lvl 96
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABAdwEswUtBjkJMwz3FCAVIBcvGbQaOBo-HNwe3yFgJy8o-ikuKU8ppSzpLYMvzDLRNZI62D0PPfxAoEMxRJ5FR0a3R35KyEz_T1ZRYFO7VdZXDVhjXz9k52VNZlRmnmhlaPJqk26qbztyqXTxdqx343gNeTl5aHrve8N8uHy7fNl-4oCkguSE2YV7hrOKr4x2jM-PGpARkFWYrZ48ogCpbqmVrK-tja9sr6ezP7XytzG4k702vqe-vL_VwBrAZsC_wQTBgsT2xYrPftE202_Yvdlh4izp1eoY6-7sOO8O8B_xrPMG85v2SPcy-tL7qg==?accountName=fanimala&characterName=Eternal_Goddess

I will add new Skill Gem combinations later on.

Mana Reservation

Since you want to run

you need an
gem.

You will have to take the 3x reduced aura reservation cost-passives in the templer tree AND a

to be able to run all auras with a LVL 4 Enlighten.

When you cannot afford a LVL 4 Enlighten you can use a +1 helmet like

or other +1 unique helmets to upgrade your lvl 3 enlighten to lvl 4.

Using a lvl 5 Enlighten, you WILL NOT need a

(will grant a free jewel socket instead)

Or simply try:

Thanks to sniperjp08.

End.
ign: fanimala
Last edited by fanimala on Jan 11, 2016, 9:53:34 PM
Last bumped on Mar 26, 2016, 6:13:46 PM
Found any improvements? Then let me know :)

mfg fanimala
Last edited by fanimala on Jul 31, 2015, 4:39:06 PM
Nice Char! Congratulations!!!
Yes it is :)
IGN: RichMightyWitch
"
Nice Char! Congratulations!!!

I had to dismember my favourite build after 2.0. So this build gets my old items and fresh love.
:)
I tried this build and really loved it. Nice build!
Looks amazing. Would love to see some videos of it in action. Keep up the good work!
"
Moon_Bear wrote:
Looks amazing. Would love to see some videos of it in action. Keep up the good work!

I am sorry. I can't upload gameplay videos at the moment because my internet connections does not allow something like an upload.
This might change in some days... then I will upload lvl 76+ map gameplay videos.
:)

mfg fanimala

great build.. just a question it looks like your short of int where did u get that
Been running max block mjolner every league since Invasion. This league it's a bit harder with coil be rarer and requiring a level 4 enlighten for my build. I use a 6l molten strike, but i'll have to try out cyclone. Good to see other running still running block builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info