2.0.1 Hotfixes

"

So if a bot farms currency I cant see the currency raising in value but dropping due to excessive amounts.

This is exactly what happened, although the original complainant explained it poorly. The "botters"/RMT'ers have completely devalued the Chaos Orb. They cannot devalue the Exalted Orb though due to it having no recipe so the prices have become extremely skewed. Combine that with GGG making most of the end-game build items much more rare and it puts them out of reach for a large part of the playerbase.

As an example: I saw a lv 1 offering 38 chaos per exalted orb (which were going for 35-36 chaos at the time) on day four of Warbands. He had 17 sets of 38 to offer according to his post in trade chat. That's 646 chaos in the first four days of the league starting. Two weeks into the league that's no problem, but 4 days? That's not someone knowing "what items are worth", that's an RMT group with people getting paid 2 dollars an hour to farm around the clock and pooling on one vendor.

After snapping up so many of the early exalted orbs via methods that an individual cannot replicate, now they control the market. They sell the exalted orbs for real money to people who then trade the orbs right back to them for gear.

Not really the right forum for this, but eh, that's where the conversation was happening. I'd suggest ta3boo and anyone else who objects to it email GGG support rather than create further posts about it. The emails actually get read.
"
Nephthysis wrote:
"

So if a bot farms currency I cant see the currency raising in value but dropping due to excessive amounts.

This is exactly what happened, although the original complainant explained it poorly. The "botters"/RMT'ers have completely devalued the Chaos Orb. They cannot devalue the Exalted Orb though due to it having no recipe so the prices have become extremely skewed. Combine that with GGG making most of the end-game build items much more rare and it puts them out of reach for a large part of the playerbase.

As an example: I saw a lv 1 offering 38 chaos per exalted orb (which were going for 35-36 chaos at the time) on day four of Warbands. He had 17 sets of 38 to offer according to his post in trade chat. That's 646 chaos in the first four days of the league starting. Two weeks into the league that's no problem, but 4 days? That's not someone knowing "what items are worth", that's an RMT group with people getting paid 2 dollars an hour to farm around the clock and pooling on one vendor.

After snapping up so many of the early exalted orbs via methods that an individual cannot replicate, now they control the market. They sell the exalted orbs for real money to people who then trade the orbs right back to them for gear.

Not really the right forum for this, but eh, that's where the conversation was happening. I'd suggest ta3boo and anyone else who objects to it email GGG support rather than create further posts about it. The emails actually get read.

Just because you don't know were they are getting their currency from doesn't mean something untoward is going on they might be selling q20 perfectly rolled flask at 5c a pop or something else. From listening to what GGG staff have said about the information they collect and the fact they kicked players out of beta for exploiting bugs, Im 100% positive they would have punished "botters" if they really exist.
"
ta3boo wrote:
Off-topic: Can't deal with botters? At least remove Chaos Orb and Regal Orb recipes, they are ruining the game!

I play around 10 hours a day when I'm free and can't keep up with the botters on Warbands. I check Exalted Orb prices, farm my ass off and finally have 45 chaos just to notice the prices went up to 52 chaos. This is abnormal. Please don't give me that supply & demand bullshit.

Sorry for the language, didn't mean to come out as a dick but I'm just frustrated with the current "economy" of the game.

All you're seeing here is the natural effect of what GGG has done:

1) Made chaos orbs far more common by implementing 18 different chaos orb divination cards.
2) Nerfed the drop rates on all of the good uniques you actually need to survive or make builds function. Which means their rarity goes way up, which means their cost goes way up, which means way more stuff is being bought with exalts rather than chaos orbs, which means exalteds are worth more than chaos orbs (based solely off of build-making unique drops). Maligaro's virtuousity used to be measured in chaos (well, it was about half an exalt, so measure in exalts is still technically true). Now it's measured solely in exalts, as it's worth several of them, because they nerfed the drop rate.
3) Flipped the bird to most builds involving classes from the non-endurance-charge side of the tree and dictated that everyone scramble for every damage mitigating thing they could find and all coalesce into a few meager builds for survival so they can compete.

The players are just adjusting to this reality.
Patch has nullified "Exceptional Performance" and Potency of Will" including smaller ones linked to them I felt this as Rallying Cry a lot and now with 6 points in both those I hardly get an increase in the skill effect duration.

TYVM
"
elguwapo wrote:
Patch has nullified "Exceptional Performance" and Potency of Will" including smaller ones linked to them I felt this as Rallying Cry a lot and now with 6 points in both those I hardly get an increase in the skill effect duration.

TYVM

wat
"
TimeDilation wrote:
"
ta3boo wrote:
Off-topic: Can't deal with botters? At least remove Chaos Orb and Regal Orb recipes, they are ruining the game!

I play around 10 hours a day when I'm free and can't keep up with the botters on Warbands. I check Exalted Orb prices, farm my ass off and finally have 45 chaos just to notice the prices went up to 52 chaos. This is abnormal. Please don't give me that supply & demand bullshit.

Sorry for the language, didn't mean to come out as a dick but I'm just frustrated with the current "economy" of the game.

All you're seeing here is the natural effect of what GGG has done:

1) Made chaos orbs far more common by implementing 18 different chaos orb divination cards.
2) Nerfed the drop rates on all of the good uniques you actually need to survive or make builds function. Which means their rarity goes way up, which means their cost goes way up, which means way more stuff is being bought with exalts rather than chaos orbs, which means exalteds are worth more than chaos orbs (based solely off of build-making unique drops). Maligaro's virtuousity used to be measured in chaos (well, it was about half an exalt, so measure in exalts is still technically true). Now it's measured solely in exalts, as it's worth several of them, because they nerfed the drop rate.
3) Flipped the bird to most builds involving classes from the non-endurance-charge side of the tree and dictated that everyone scramble for every damage mitigating thing they could find and all coalesce into a few meager builds for survival so they can compete.

The players are just adjusting to this reality.

this 100%
"
Nephthysis wrote:
"

17 exalts, even if he wasn't lying, is a drop in the ocean. You know how many people are playing this game since 2.0?

People are buying exalts because there is a demand for them. You don't need any crazy conspiracy theories to explain that. It's just a result of item filters being in widespread use. Every orb for which there is a recipe just became much easier to farm. Chromes for instance, usually they are slightly more expensive than alts, now they are selling for 20:1c while alts are 14-16:1. Because item filters make them easier to pick up.
for all mirror items check The Forbidden Trove:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2516760

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info