[2.0] HerCoCules | A HC CoC wand build of Herculean proportions

With a Voll's, 4.2 life and no other mitigation.,... how is this hc viable?
Also no quality on gear makes for a derpy guide imo..
"
catinbox32 wrote:

It's not that bad.

I'm running a slightly modified version:
Build

All jewels are "Increased Spell Damage while holding a shield" and "Global Critical Chance".

Currently 64, it's certainly not the easiest or safest HC build I've played - but given that I got bored of my lvl 89 HC dual flame totem last league this build is refreshing.

I certainly do NOT recommend it as a Watch Netflix & Farm POE build; but it isn't bad. It does work, it has outstanding AOE clear speed but does suffer from mediocre defensive and single target damage.

It's a fun build and while the defensive aspect of it is subpar for HC, it is more tanky than most builds that offer same AOE clear speed.
I dont really see how it is as tanky as any typical hardcore build. Look at cyclone, incinerate, totems, etc.. also the price of your build, a 6 link volls? Saying this is a hardcore core build is wrong.

Post a video of this build in higher level maps please and prove me wrong

but your build lacks any defensive ability. Your dps is good, which isnt that impressive considering your using a 6 link volls and this build is designed for standard/warbands
Also you flask setup is really bad, id discourage any hardcore players from following that section of the guide... Your using life leech on a granit, and % armour on a topaz flask...

Please explain
"
catinbox32 wrote:
I dont really see how it is as tanky as any typical hardcore build. Look at cyclone, incinerate, totems, etc.. also the price of your build, a 6 link volls? Saying this is a hardcore core build is wrong.

but your build lacks any defensive ability. Your dps is good, which isnt that impressive considering your using a 6 link volls and this build is designed for standard/warbands

Agreed on the volls. No real reason to run it in my opinion. Can do well enough with a corrupted 6L armor based chest with actually useful defensive stats on it for like 10-20C.

Also need to carry at least 1 diamond flask to kickstart your crits or for that absurd DPS when needed.

Also I use a different gem combo, I find that increased critical chance seems to do more damage than a 2nd spell. This may change if I am able to increase my crit rate through passives/gear but right now higher crit chance is more desirable.
Last edited by Mordgier on Aug 12, 2015, 10:43:40 AM
"
catinbox32 wrote:
I dont really see how it is as tanky as any typical hardcore build....also the price of your build, a 6 link volls? Saying this is a hardcore core build is wrong...

Tanky: Fully buffed 17k armor, closing in on 5k hp. 100% flask uptime.

Higher level maps: Working on it. I don't have an infinite amount of time to commit to this game sadly.

Designed for standard warbands: How? The tankyness and survivability is way overkill for those leagues, not to mention very few damage nodes taken.

I'll give in and say this guide is a bit outdated since I've made improvements, but your assumptions are based on speculation.

Side note: I was Tabula until 71 when I 6l'd my voll's.
"
"
catinbox32 wrote:
I dont really see how it is as tanky as any typical hardcore build....also the price of your build, a 6 link volls? Saying this is a hardcore core build is wrong...

Tanky: Fully buffed 17k armor, closing in on 5k hp. 100% flask uptime.

Higher level maps: Working on it. I don't have an infinite amount of time to commit to this game sadly.

Designed for standard warbands: How? The tankyness and survivability is way overkill for those leagues, not to mention very few damage nodes taken.

I'll give in and say this guide is a bit outdated since I've made improvements, but your assumptions are based on speculation.

Side note: I was Tabula until 71 when I 6l'd my voll's.

What changes have you made?

What do you think of the variation that I am following.
"
catinbox32 wrote:

99% self found. Gets criticized for sub-optimal setup.
Thanks for the insightful input buddy
"
Mordgier wrote:

What do you think of the variation that I am following.

It's extremely tanky, I like it! However you lose out on unwavering stance, which is a must for me, and you lose a bit of DPS by going Templar tree instead of Witch. Otherwise it looks good, glad it's working out for you =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info