There is a limit to getting unlucky

The problem with designing progress gated by RNG is that by definition, you're going to have people that simply cannot progress past a certain point from bad luck, and that this is somehow an acceptable design consequence.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Confirmation Bias Confirmed
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
I've long thought that different characters (not accounts) have different RNG seeds for various items/item classes, but I have no way to test or prove that.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Jul 30, 2015, 4:05:04 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:
I've long thought that different characters (not accounts) have different RNG seeds for various items/item classes, but I have no way to test or prove that.

Probably confirmation bias. You think of "witch" as a "wand" class, so you notice the wands that drop more than the swords.
"
TimeDilation wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:

Probably confirmation bias. You think of "witch" as a "wand" class, so you notice the wands that drop more than the swords.

Probably, though I'm thinking more of the big ticket stuff than anything else e.g. 6-links, exalted/divine orbs, top tier uniques.
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
TimeDilation wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:

Probably, though I'm thinking more of the big ticket stuff than anything else e.g. 6-links, exalted/divine orbs, top tier uniques.

I was on one of my characters and just leveled up and went to check vendors went to Cruel and realized I haven't done Tidal Island Quest. So I said sure I got time to kill get there kill a pack and an exalt drops.

Don't give up on your dreams.
I need a signature to look legit
"
Hunt8722 wrote:

I stopped dreaming of finding good items in PoE about 1500 hours of playtime ago. That dream is one which isn't worth having IMO.
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Hunt8722 wrote:

I stopped dreaming of finding good items in PoE about 1500 hours of playtime ago. That dream is one which isn't worth having IMO.

So morose...but pretty true sadly.

Economy > Balance > Fun. #POE
"
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Hunt8722 wrote:

So morose...but pretty true sadly.

Economy > Balance > Fun. #POE

This is a game, not a stock market. Fun trumps all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info