Divination Cards Farmable? I think not.

"
Hemmingfish wrote:
..but you still suffer a massive penalty for farming a level 70 area at 83.

No, you do not. As far as the drop penalty is concerned, you are never above character level 68.
"
Ceri wrote:
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
..but you still suffer a massive penalty for farming a level 70 area at 83.

No, you do not. As far as the drop penalty is concerned, you are never above character level 68.

Ceri is right.

Spoiler
Drop Penalty
There is a penalty to the chance of currency items (scrolls, orbs, etc.) dropping in areas with a monster level more than two levels lower than your character level. For each additional level that you have compared to the area's monster level+2, the chance of a currency item drop is reduced by 2.5%.

So if you are level 30 in a level 20 area, you will see 20% less currency item drops on average:

2.5*(30-(20+2))=20

A level 30 character in a level 28 area will see no penalty.

Currency item drops are not increased or decreased in this way when fighting in areas above your level.

For the purposes of this penalty, your level is never considered to be higher than 68[3][4]. Therefore a level 75 character receives no penalty in a level 66 area.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Drop_Rate#Drop_Penalty

Love,
Bunny
Last edited by Aalhamas on Jul 28, 2015, 9:33:15 AM
From the POV of someone who doesn't farm for specific cards, the impact on gameplay is as follows:

* I got a few extra stacks of wisdom scrolls (mainly from farming entry maps in Library and then going through 70's tier). At league start this is actually useful (for SF play)

* I got two or three extra GCP (tho more GCP dropped in that time :)

* I completed a few extra regal sets (hm, maybe ~5%?). The Lover card drops really plenty and is possibly the best card around (allows you to grab ilvl 79 jewellery from a lvl 72 map).

* Turning in The Gambler is kinda fun and lulz-y

* got 5x whetstone & 5x Alc from Emperor's Luck and a useless 20% gem from that 20% gem card

Lastly the actual intended feature of this cards:

* I could sell a few more rare ones that I got, get maybe 50 - 70 chaos out of it

---

I had extremely low expectations for these cards (2.0 is packed with good stuff, div.cards are not that), so I cant be really disappointed. That their drop rates will be abysmal was easy enough to predict.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jul 28, 2015, 10:12:59 AM
Wait, don't tell me you people expected something that would reward you for grinding..
It's the same shit with Atziri, farm a set, gamble with your life if you don't do the typical cookie cutter Atziri killer build (fix this issue already GGG), get a fucking FLASK for your trouble.

GGG have proven so many times they can't into proper reward system, even the Strongboxes added in Ambush barely gives any real reward contra the risk at times (Ice Nova etc).
- Don't bring up Cartos, shit's been nerfed.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
"
kurOsawa79 wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

Each instance of Harvest, ignoring the bosses, takes roughly six minutes for me to complete with a single projectile Incinerate. That means ~60 instances took me about 360 minutes, or 60 hours. Having obtained only a SINGLE card in sixty hours of gameplay, the card must be worth something far more than a single exalted orb. Yet it's not even worth one exalted orb. I need eleven more to get just one orb.

360 minutes is 60 hours? My mind is blown. I think you have just found the secret of longer life!

In those 6 hours you may not have one ex but if you added up all your other loot you picked up on these runs do you think you made OVER 1ex?

My point is and I think Boem's point is, these cards are just another shiny thing for us to farm. You can't solely focus on them. They are just a bonus to everything else we farm. No-one said hey all you need to farm now is DCs and you can be rich that way because, well, what about all the other loot?? Your perception of what they should be is way off what they are. Therein lies the problem.

[Removed by Support]

Can someone lock this thread? [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Rachel on Jul 28, 2015, 1:49:59 PM
"
"
Cyzax wrote:
"
If anyone thinks Divination Cards are anything but a huge failure, I want some of their drugs.

They do what they're supposed to do... Giving you a way to farm items with a higher chance of finding them than you'd otherwise have (note that 'higher chance' is not 'certainty', nor 'quick', nor should it be), and creating a little bit of excitement when finding a new one.

The problem is in your expectation, not in the cards themselves...

They're fine as they are!

You don't find the idea of an item designed around farming specific areas but yet also suffers from the currency penalty for overleveling kind of counterintuitive? Or the fact that most of the time, in the time it'd take to complete a set, you could just go buy the item in question, likely multiple copies of it? Not to mention the whole idea of them is just asinine. However, I've hated them since moment they were announced and still do so I am biased.

A cheap pathetic bandaid fix for part of their awful itemization/drop system. They do love those bandaid fixes.

It's not really a fix when you cannot complete the card sets.
div cards are a half baked idea.

Their concept is a noble one give us a farmable method to acquire specific items we want.

The major flaw with this concept is .. that they are tradable.

They were doomed the moment they were reviled to be tradeable.

Once something can effect the economy that same something must also be balanced by the economy. div cards are basically free items unless you deliberately sacrifice time better spent elsewhere to find them.

Thus in order to prevent devaluing of the items they make .. getting the cards themselves must entail a labor several times more costly than the item they yield.

which they do right now.

So people will sell them because it takes to much effort to collect or buy them up because it is much easier to buy them than find them.

In the end the cards achieve almost nothing. they are currency just like every other currency.
The difference between orbs and cards is basically the difference between paper money and hard money.

All ggg need do to salvage the cards is
1 make them not tradeable
2 dramatically increase their drop rate since they would have a significantly reduced impact on the economy.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

All ggg need do to salvage the cards is
1 make them not tradeable
2 dramatically increase their drop rate since they would have a significantly reduced impact on the economy.

As long as cards that are turned in give tradeable items, it will make no difference.

The cards themselves should not have given currency for example. Only items, jewels, skill gems. In addition, they could have made cards that gave temporary buffs: I.e. +20 IIQ for 1 hour or +50 IIR.

The issue is that they have specific targeted things/currency like 10 x vaal orbs, etc.

Regardless if the cards are tradeable or not, if the items that drop from them are not RNG based (i.e. jack in the box) and are focused on targeted pieces they will always influence the market.

The cards were a good idea, but incorrectly implemented. They need to reach out to the creators and redesign a few cards imo.
Hey everyone! This thread has been locked as per requested by the OP.
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info