[2.1] Qwark's HC viable Glacial Cascade build, cheap and tanky

Why are all the skill trees Witch Skill trees? I thought this was a shadow build?
"
ironmlh wrote:
Why are all the skill trees Witch Skill trees? I thought this was a shadow build?

1 is a witch skill tree because I had it pre-update. Take the cast speed nodes when starting as shadow.
Hey Qwark

Was pretty excited to try this build out for the new Talisman league (softcore)even before the recent buffs!!! I have a couple quick questions for you about how the recent changes will affect the build though.

1) The new passive tree doesn't seem to affect your most recent tree other than 4% less HP in shadow area. Shouldn't affect me too much in SC. Still though, do you think this is a big deal? Or do you plan on reworking the tree a bit more with recent changes?

2) How badly does Blood Dance nerf affect the build? Can they still be used or is it better to look towards other options for regen, frenzy, etc.

Thanks again, excited to try this out.
"
Hey Qwark

Was pretty excited to try this build out for the new Talisman league (softcore)even before the recent buffs!!! I have a couple quick questions for you about how the recent changes will affect the build though.

1) The new passive tree doesn't seem to affect your most recent tree other than 4% less HP in shadow area. Shouldn't affect me too much in SC. Still though, do you think this is a big deal? Or do you plan on reworking the tree a bit more with recent changes?

2) How badly does Blood Dance nerf affect the build? Can they still be used or is it better to look towards other options for regen, frenzy, etc.

Thanks again, excited to try this out.

Honestly, the only thing this patch did is buff glacial cascade. We get a damage increase and 15% increased AOE for free. It's huge for this skill because it falls in the category of "fuck everything in that general direction but only that" of skills that do overwhelming damage but make up for it by only focusing on one direction. Any AOE helps with that.

The HP loss sucks but the node is something you will always take as shadow so it's really the extra wasted point that is to be mourned.

The blood dance nerfs don't matter, you sustained ES with kills and enduring cry so it's whatever, they'll be replaced for life + ES boots so EHP will probably hit upwards of 7,5k. Frenzy charges will be maintained entirely through ice bite.

It looks like the new patch will promote casting from mana so we will save 3-4 points which will probably go to 2 more powercharges, jewel slots or ES.
Last edited by Qwark28 on Dec 9, 2015, 12:32:38 PM
I'm liking this pretty well on standard right now. It has a nice flow to it and pretty good damage (I'm maxing around 25k atm.) I wouldn't call it tanky but the range on GC is so long you should be able to dodge almost everything with whirling blades. I've been trying to think of ways to use the unique jewel Cold Steel in here; it might not be worth it but maybe, just maybe it might be good.
"
Alala wrote:
I'm liking this pretty well on standard right now. It has a nice flow to it and pretty good damage (I'm maxing around 25k atm.) I wouldn't call it tanky but the range on GC is so long you should be able to dodge almost everything with whirling blades. I've been trying to think of ways to use the unique jewel Cold Steel in here; it might not be worth it but maybe, just maybe it might be good.
6k+ EHP is tanky enough for SC, especially with cloak of flame.

Need to update the build, it now has more damage, aoe and up to 8k EHP.
Looking forward to an update man.

Any more detail on the cloak of flame setup? Just curious. I see the synergy with arctic armor but havent looked into it much more.
"
Looking forward to an update man.

Any more detail on the cloak of flame setup? Just curious. I see the synergy with arctic armor but havent looked into it much more.
Updated for 2.1

Cloak of flame makes you take 20% of phys damage as fire and AA mitigates both the physical and the fire damage.

1k phys = 800 phys 200 fire

200 fire - 75% fire res = 50

800 phys 50 fire

- 10% from AA

= 1K phys equals to 720 phys and 45 fire.

That's before mitigations like endurance charges, granites etc.
Last edited by Qwark28 on Dec 16, 2015, 2:47:25 PM
No longer using MOM/EB/ZO?
"
Bcro13 wrote:
No longer using MOM/EB/ZO?

There is no need to. You can take better advantage of your ES, save 3 points and sustain GC much more easily with the soul siphon notable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info