accidentaly 6linked Restless Ward - what to do with it?

well.. it happened again, after my ~5fus 6link Thousand Ribbons this happened:

(40jewels, 26fuses)

while i adore the 'depth' of this item in theoretical scenarios i have issues building something real with this item

any ideas?
I suppose the obvious one would be a combo with something that has a drawback of reducing charge duration, maybe Vectors, can't say I did any brainstorming with it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Run EK i guess, you can then get a ton of dps with these gloves and offset their negative side.

With something like 6 power charges, 4 frenzy and 4 endurance charges and perfect glove roll you are looking at:
28% physical damage
28% elemental damage
42% spell damage (66% if you take the 4% spell damage per power charge)

Should be massive boost.

I am running the gloves for my crit shock nova char and the damage boost is MASSIVE.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Jul 27, 2015, 5:06:35 PM
thanks for the replies, two more than i expected

as for the gloves, it seems these are warbands only and as such are not for me (maybe when they are flushed to standard.. maybe)

ive tested it with my lightning arrow char (she generates frenzy and power charges via frenzy/gmp/pcoc/coh/curse combo) and it is VERY and i mean VERY convenient to not need to worry about frequently refreshing charges (duration ~20 secs)

sadly that char relies on chest for resists so couldnt test anything harder than dried lake (and almost died to reflect.. thus immediately retreating)

interaction with enduring cry/end charges seems interesting but is pretty weak. mid-high level end cry regenerates ~250+ hp/s and assuming 3 charges (difficult to take more when wearing int/dex armor) it increases to ~300 hp/s for a short period and ~50-60 afterwards. this isnt a massive life regen however it beats 2 hp/s from rare affix..

anyway, i imagine what will 6link next
The armor goes well with using energy shield to cast with while running auras on 100% of ur mama with enough life regen with zealots oath u can use the regen on es as ur effective mana pool that's what I'm using with my wander to run hatred and 2 heralds while using zo and mom as my defense with eldritch battery.
KS...
ive tried (but very briefly) that 'reserve all mana, cast from ES' thing but couldnt make it appeal to me. i admit it took me ~15 minutes to test it, respec out of it and forget it but im hoping for some kind of a guide (created by someone who KNOWS what he is saying, not the meta-train-streamer..)

btw i will continue 5linking manualy, todays scenario:

bought for 3 ex, divined twice (from 143->147->220), ~340jewelers and 40 fuses later..
this one i KNOW what to do :)

no more vorici for me
Last edited by sidtherat on Jul 28, 2015, 1:54:31 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:
40 fuses later...

Can I punch you? Please?

On original subject, thought a bit about it and I'd probably end up attempting a full frenzy build with snakebite and vectors for the hell of it, there should be enough duration left for comfort.

you wouldnt punch me hearing my horror stories about 40+ fuses for 4link helmet. in 2.0 it was bizzare but i just wanted to force my luck trough. costly.
since then - even 3socket is done via vorici. but ill never again use it for 5link. i 6linked 4 chests that way and given vorici prices im like 4000fuses ahead of avg prices?

rng is weird

as for the armor, ill try the suggested EB build with ZO. I happen to have +1 frenzy darkrays/blooddance so it will be easy to test the frenzy setup. dont have the snakebites (and im bit poor.. playing mostly self found) but will think about it

one thing that dawned on me is that this armor makes all these '10% to get a charge on something' nodes A LOT more interesting

Spoiler
Aren't snakebites like a chaos?
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
sidtherat wrote:
since then - even 3socket is done via vorici. but ill never again use it for 5link. i 6linked 4 chests that way and given vorici prices im like 4000fuses ahead of avg prices?

Yeah, he takes a wee percentage for his socketing and fusing, the bastard probably makes a very nice living out of it. I only use him for guaranteed color rolls when it makes sense to do so, everything else is a ripoff in the long run.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info