Current supporter pack weapon glows lackluster?

Well, to be honest, they suck.

Axiom feels like Turquoise enchant on a wand or any small weapon.
The only difference i saw, was with Devourer Mace model, only then Axiom looks badass, but in general, it looks a bit like crap.

Regal all the way.

Plus only melee weapons look nice, the rest, especially wands, look like crap. Even if you buy custom skin, its still a glowing stick, and there's little to no difference between Axiom and Turquoise.
i think it is a big mistake to measure the success of the weapon effects based on their luminosity.

the selling point of the pack effects is in the details. most of the pre awakening effects are generally limited to completely covering a weapon in a skin obliterating effect.

the ob ones are perfect examples of this .

remember a reserved look is also an attractive aspect. some people dont particularly like the immersion breaking eye harassment that is some of the more obnoxious supporter effects.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jul 28, 2015, 8:27:27 AM
"
oh, is this thread an actual request to change them?

LOL.

My Exalted effect is blindingly bright. Wouldn't mind them toned down slightly, but I suspect opinions may differ. Some people enjoy being ultra-flashy.

I like the current pack effects. They kinda don't work with some weapons, particularly ones with effects already, but they look amazing if you pair them right.

Last edited by Lyralei on Jul 28, 2015, 8:45:36 AM
"
I think they're awesome.

Far superior to the eyesores we got with the OB packs. The Awakening and the Highgate effects are especially cool.

I find Ghostflame entirely overcooked, but that's just me. I wish they'd up the intensity of the cheaper weapon mtxes a bit, but other than that, things are fine.

edit: okay, regal effect was good. If pink is your thing.

I think the OB weapon effects are my favorit, its just to bad I missed out on them :(
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
"
oh, is this thread an actual request to change them?

LOL.

They are fine on 2H weapons, bows and the larger 1H weapons, it would be nice if you could actually see them on smaller weapons like wands and daggers
I love the Lunaris glow on the smaller weapons like wands and daggers, myself.

On larger weapons I prefer the Awakening glow. Something about the "still heated from the forge" look appeals to me, I suppose.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
I would like to add to the thing about how crap weapon effects are on wands / sceptres.

Even worse with a shield in the offhand.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info