[2.0] Hybrid Crit BM EB MoM Chaos Fortify Magma Orb (or any other AoE spell)

"
LostForm wrote:
does this interact at all with the 0% mana reserved jewels? or does 0/0 break that?

Yes, clear mind works. I just prefer rares. U would need a very high roll, to compete with rares: But for that currency u need to pay for good roll(at least at the time of thread opening), u can buy a better rare.
Level 58 and so far this is one of the worst build I have ever tried. Granted my gear sucks too and I am not the greatest player. Can't use Infernal Mantle yet but everything about it just sucks.
And why is it that with both EB and BM taken I am not using energy shield first for spells. Doesn't EB tool tip say "spend energy shield first before mana costs"? Why are spell costs taken directly out of life when energy shield is full? Also, when I get hit energy shield is intact.

Damage also sucks because except for crit nodes there aren't that many damage nodes.
Life regen sucks because we aren't taking many life regen nodes.

So can someone explain to me what exactly is it I am missing here? (except for some decent gear of course)
Last edited by leopard2lx on Aug 2, 2015, 8:10:48 PM
"
leopard2lx wrote:
Level 58 and so far this is one of the worst build I have ever tried. Granted my gear sucks too and I am not the greatest player. Can't use Infernal Mantle yet but everything about it just sucks.
And why is it that with both EB and BM taken I am not using energy shield first for spells. Doesn't EB tool tip say "spend energy shield first before mana costs"? Why are spell costs taken directly out of life when energy shield is full? Also, when I get hit energy shield is intact.

Damage also sucks because except for crit nodes there aren't that many damage nodes.
Life regen sucks because we aren't taking many life regen nodes.

So can someone explain to me what exactly is it I am missing here? (except for some decent gear of course)

I'm sorry to hear u r disappointed.

What u experience right now, is why i added in cons to it, that it is a bad lvling build. I edited the guide to make it cleared. I lvled with it also, to see how it is. But u seam to do few thing wrong also.

To understand this build, plz read 2nd and 3rd spoilers in the guide and the link in 1st reply from Bada_Bing.

Es doesnt take any dmg, because u probably have no MoM.

Dmg sucks, because magma orb is not that good and ur gear also.

I also edited the guide adding a bare minimum tree, for this to work.
Hi ! I find your build interesting, even if those special mechanics are new to me, I think I'll give it a try.
I have a few questions though :

- I see you have two armor & es pieces of gear. Is there a reason for this ? I don't see any armor node taken, that won't give you reliable armor. Was it for the convenience of red sockets appearance ?
- You don't show your belt, is Fire Doriani's invitation a good thing ?
- I can't afford the consuming dark, would this wand replace it ? Or should I invest in/craft a dagger ?

(Don't look at the gems, it is an old build I need to fully respec)

Thank you :)
One armor/ee piece is for red sockets (helmet). Boots r there because i changed a ring and needed resists and those were the best i found at that moment.

Probably miss clicked on the belt, when writing the guide and didnt double checked. Now it is shown. I would prefer a heavy belt with same rolls. As to invitation, u get good resist and dmg, but u will give up tons of life and life leech isnt working with conversion. Thats why i prefer a rare belt.

A dagger is used for adding another layer of defense, fortify. U could do this with scepters, but leap slam is to slow for my taste, if u do not have atk speed nodes.

Ur wand is pretty bad. While it has good amount of increased dmg, it has nothing else. If u do not care about using fortify, u should look for a wand like this:

If u want to use fortify and cant afford consuming dark, try to look for a dagger like this:

Both of this items add 7k+ dps compared to consuming dark. But u must remember, u will deal 75% of fire dmg, which will get resisted. And using fire pen for only 75% of ur dmg is not that good imo.
Last edited by 1337fun on Aug 9, 2015, 3:54:04 AM
Thank you for the answer !
Indeed, after some thoughts, my wand has nothing useful for this build except the spell damage. Which is not enough and could be replaced by cheap or crafted wand or dagger.

I think I better understands this build now, I'll try to adapt my witch 78 to this, but need to replace a lot of my equipment. Thankfully, I have some spared stuff here and there.
Last edited by Pulsahr on Aug 8, 2015, 7:33:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info