[2.0] Synthetic's Duel Wield, Critical, Block, Phys Wild Strike (Expensive!)

This Build can be started with either Shadow or Ranger.

While this could potentially be Hardcore viable, it was mainly designed for Standard play.

Uniques:
Spoiler

The Bringer of Rain - (Why?) This helmet is awesome, I've always been a fan of it, it allows for 7 links. Most people believe melee physical damage to be useless for Wild Strike because it doesn't affect the Elemental portion, while this is correct, it does help on the single target end. I didn't want to have insane AoE with very lacking single target. Plus the block chance (even non legacy) and Blind are very key to some of the defences of the build.

Soul Taker - (Why?) Aside from being a good physical one hander, insufficient Mana doesn't prevent melee attacks.

Bino's Kitchen Knife - (Why?) Again, it's a good physical one hander, with nice crit, and the regen on poison effect is key for a crazy amount of health regeneration.

Snakebite - (Why?) These are very good gloves in general, they roll with moderate evasion, thus more armor, high life, a nice damage boost per Frenzy Charge, and allows you to poison on hit (while at maximum Frenzy Charges) thus triggering Bino's.

Other Uniques (Optional):
A Physical Doryani's Invitation, Rumi's Concoction, and Taste of Hate.

Passive Tree:

Bandit Choices:
Spoiler

Normal: Help Oak

Cruel: Help Oak

Merciless: Help Alira

My Gear:
Spoiler
Lots of room for improvement with my jewelry / boots.

Tooltip DPS: (With lvl 16 Multistrike and Wild Strike, it will only get higher.)
Spoiler

Defenses:
Spoiler

Gem Links:
Spoiler

Helmet - Wild Strike, Weapon Elemental Damage, Multistrike, and Hypothermia.

Main Hand - Lvl 8 Cast When Damage Taken, Lvl 10 Immortal Call, and Increased Duration.

Offhand - Hatred, Herald of Ice, and Herald of Ash.

Gloves - Leap Slam, Fortify, Curse on Hit, and Assassins Mark.

Boots - Blood Magic, Enduring Cry, Increased Duration, and Blood Rage.

Jewel's:
Spoiler
Look for Duel Wield Block Chance, Crit, and Attack Speed

General Strategy:
Maintain Blood Rage, use Enduring Cry, Leap Slam in, and kill with Wild Strike.

I'm sure there is a lot of room for improvement across the board, that said, any thoughts or criticisms are welcomed.
People of the gutters, steel your bellies, for the slaughter is at hand!

Last edited by XSyntheticX on Nov 22, 2015, 12:52:48 AM
Hi there, very interesting build you got. I just got a Bino and a ST and i'm looking around for inspiration to build a main character based on those. I really enjoy melee builds and it's hard finding a good one that doesn't involve cyclone...

On that, do you think this build would be viable with Abyssus ? Daresso's chest would help mitigate the damage received. Thx sharing the build! :)
"
Bloodhatred wrote:
Hi there, very interesting build you got. I just got a Bino and a ST and i'm looking around for inspiration to build a main character based on those. I really enjoy melee builds and it's hard finding a good one that doesn't involve cyclone...

On that, do you think this build would be viable with Abyssus ? Daresso's chest would help mitigate the damage received. Thx sharing the build! :)

You could I'm sure, but if I recall correctly the melee crit multi from Abyssus will only apply to the initial hit for wild strike, it would boost your single target by quite a bit, but it would have no effect on the elemental portion of the attack, also, with the current state of things, the 40% more physical damage taken is hard to mitigate, you would be very squishy imo. But not out of the realm of possibility for sure.

Last edited by XSyntheticX on Jul 26, 2015, 11:02:49 PM
Have you considered using a golem?
"
neondrop wrote:
Have you considered using a golem?

I have, I think they best choice would be the ice golem, the extra crit and accuracy is nice.

Have you considered "The Blood Dance" for frenzy charge generation rather than blood rage?
Love this idea!

Quick question:

why not go for the adders blood node and flaying node on the skill tree? seems like they will be a natural pick for the build!

Thanks!

TheLostCake
"
SenseiSanSama wrote:
Have you considered "The Blood Dance" for frenzy charge generation rather than blood rage?

I did at first but overall I think just some rare boots would be better, it would be very hard to cap resists using so many uniques, if you can make it work however, they are a very solid alternative.

"
TheLostCake wrote:
Love this idea!

Quick question:

why not go for the adders blood node and flaying node on the skill tree? seems like they will be a natural pick for the build!

Thanks!

TheLostCake

Generally, I feel they are just a little out of the way, especially with the abundance of phys weapon nodes (That scale for both weapons) south of that location, plus using the snakebite gloves gives you the poison on hit (while at max frenzy charges.)

Hi i wanna look for your skill tree but wrong address can u check??
can u show your used jewel ? u have 3 socket :) i qurious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info