State of Exile Ep. 35 Featuring Chris Wilson Today

People seem to have a hard time ignoring what they dislike in this day and age eh?

solid pod-cast, just wished there was a mention of CI, but at the same time i guess chris would have very little to put on the table about that subject.

Maybe you guys could invite some other GGG staff members to address such issue's at?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Caliginosus wrote:

you just can't understand why people do not sympathize with someone you do.

It has nothing to do with a lack of understanding on my part. The topic of my comments has been morality. And defending anyone against persecution without any specific claims. Now that youve laid out your claims we could i guess attempt to hold everyone to the same criteria... starting with you. But i think we all know how useless such a witch hunt would be.

Even if your claims are true, zeno has not violated any law or even any moral. Noone was hurt, no damage done. But you on the other hand ARE attempting to hurt zenos rep, and thus him.

You have no power to prosecute. The best you can do is attempt to futility conspire and hope to sway public opinion. A waste of time in my opinion.

And i couldnt care less whether or not anyone sympathizes with those i do.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
I found it kind of funny how, when it came time to talk about Warbands, NONE of the hosts have actually played it at all and it was painfully obvious even without having seen part 2 of the podcast.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
Caliginosus wrote:
"
SkyCore wrote:
Whats the deal with the zeno hate?

Spreading negativity about a person rather than a specific behavior has no benefit, indeed it is harmful to even allow such hate.

In my opinion all such ppl should have their ability to communicate removed until they realize the error of their way, and if they dont... society would be better off if they were perm silenced.

You are generally right, but Zeno is a special case. I tried my best but I just can't understand his position and he really is just annoying (yes, that's my problem, not his, bla, bla, let's not feel anything negative ever, bla) without adding anything interesting.

He is one of the founder of the Podcast and befriended with Ziggy and co., so he will not stay out of the show I think. He might be a nice guy, he just has the wrong attitude for a Podcast (and no, in his case being different doesn't add anything new and interesting).

I don't like the man either, at all, but that doesn't mean I go around pointing it out to others. I don't have to watch his content if I don't want to.

Plus A4 difficulty is indeed fine. The only problem there is with it is that because the rest of the game is so faceroll level easy (to the degree that people get complacent) that Malachai and his gang represent somewhat of a sudden power spike. A better way to eliminate that spike would be to make the rest of the game more challenging, so that you can't doze off while going through it, instead of making A4 that trivial too... And Malachai already got nerfed.
Last edited by Revy_Slan on Jul 27, 2015, 3:58:01 AM
Zeno is a great guy, he has nice taste in music.

Zeno and Willy play great tracks in their streams.

So, Music > All.

:P

"
5chneemensch wrote:
Lookin' forward to it. but please use UTC in the future.

No! Use GMT!
Last edited by WiseGuard on Jul 27, 2015, 4:35:41 AM
i just watched the complete 1 hour podcast and im very happy with the content!
just to mention a few things that i liked:
*projectpt,zeno,ziggy all great guys, great job!
*very great to have Chris answering all those questions - thanks a lot for that Chris!
you did a great job with it too i think. you didnt hesitate on any question it seemed, so
you must have prepared it quite a bit. nice job!
*the questions were all good questions and it was interesting to hear the answers
*was sometimes funny too, thats just a bonus tho, doesnt always have to be :-)

looking forward to the next podcasts!
"
gilrad wrote:
I found it kind of funny how, when it came time to talk about Warbands, NONE of the hosts have actually played it at all and it was painfully obvious even without having seen part 2 of the podcast.

Ya, none of us played it. As well the warbands content was changed in between the Q&A gathering (when we had warbands input) and the Podcast. So with limited insight there was little more that could be added. But we do know more content was being introduced to help engage people as Chris said.
ya it happens, its no biggie. Sometimes ziggy does the sc league, this time he hasnt, Im sure the guys will hit it up eventually for science.

some people dont like zeno, ok fair enough, I think hes a great guy and a real asset to the PoE community. Yes he can be a belligerent, pigheaded, boisterous individual at times... look whos talking, anyone who knows me from these forums knows I can be all of those things. I QQ with a razor tongue, I dont always suffer fools well, f it, it happens, Im a grown man I speak my mind, I value being real and saying how I feel, zeno is the same. I think its one of his strong points tbh, even when I dont agree with what hes saying I like that he speaks his mind, theres too much fluffing and fudging in the world today.

But ultimately it comes down to this for me, zeno has done a ton for this community. Before he came around the streaming scene was mainly dominated by a circle jerk of hardcore elitists, a lot of whom were arseholes and have been banned from rmt, botting etc since. There was some genuinely nice, helpful guys like nugi, gangstaboo etc among them. But people like Pohx, Ziggy etc, there was random people doing their own thing but it wasnt till Zeno came along that he sort of solidified all these outsiders into a real community, a helpful, respectful, positive, inclusive community. It changed that whole scene for the better and has done a lot for this game, promoting it, helping players etc. Why is zeno on the podcast? He made it, its his podcast, it wasnt till he came along and made this for us that the game had this platform for discussion, developer talks, information, without zeno there would be no podcast with developer interviews etc. Love him or hate him , bottom line hes done a lot for this game, hes one of the most positive, productive people. Power to him imo, haters gonna hate, sure, who gives a shit, not the 1000s of people who take part in the community zenos helped build thats for sure.
I watched the podcast for the first time, and i was shocked how shallow and hollow the discussion is. after the supposed "balance" discussion, that lasted around 5 minutes, i struggled to keep watching the entire podcast. i mean, have you ever attended any sort of serious discussion? ok you gave credit to your guests, but that's where the similarity ends.
you worked through a multitude of topics, as if working through a check list. it was confusing, shallow and your audience would get more insight by just reading the forums. it was outright horrible. 60 minutes should be spent on ONE topic, and this topic alone. maybe you can squeeze in a second topic somewhere, but you shouldn't.

you should have spent the entire 60minutes on balance, why armor is way ahead of evasion/es. but you totally failed on this point. casters being in a terribly odd spot, map drops being outright terrible from 76 and on even with chiseling/vaaling and adding sacrifices, certain bosses being glorified creeps, while others oneshot anything. why so many drastic nerfs to former caster defenses (e.g. arctic armor + mind over matter + eb and leech) while increasing damage across the board.

instead: lets talk for 5mins about balance, or better let chris wilson talk. now 5min talk about how awesome some tempests are, oh and waste another minute on some shitty zombies that died during zone transition. oh and lets talk about warbands, because obviously we played a lot softcore recently, i mean seriously? no, it even gets better, now they talk about the change of pace from act4 to act1. the drastic change existed for act3 to act1 and act 2 to act 1, so obviously it is intended. so why waste time?

35 episodes and the whole series can be summed by quoting kurt tucholsky: experience means nothing, you can make a bad job for 35 years.

i won't watch it again.
So did Chris say anything interesting at all? Bullet points pls.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info