Why bother with pure ES?

ES regen that you get from converted life regen via Zealoth's Oath is based on your maximum ES. So the thing that holds Zealoth's Oath back the most is the lack of regen nodes for ES chars. Vitality's 1.5% aren't that great.
"
Lord_of_Error wrote:
ES regen that you get from converted life regen via Zealoth's Oath is based on your maximum ES. So the thing that holds Zealoth's Oath back the most is the lack of regen nodes for ES chars. Vitality's 1.5% aren't that great.

1% in templar area. and 1.2% in center, Inner force for vitality aura,and you almoust left without points on ES, damage or mana.
I dislike how hard they've made it to build ES now, as all the passives and int bonus give a % increase, meaning that your base ES needs to come from gear alone, and such decent ES gear with further ES increases on it is very hard to find.

While CI was overpowered before, its nerf was too much and has made it very difficult to build a capable CI player. Also people that say you cannot get life regen as good as ES regen are wrong. You can regen your health with potions very easily. If your ES goes down, then you have to spend a while running around until the cooldown wears off, durning which you are very easily killed.

A better approach would have been to give CI a flat +50 increase to ES, and also to make INT increase base ES, not just multiply what your gear has.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
bhavv wrote:
I dislike how hard they've made it to build ES now, as all the passives and int bonus give a % increase, meaning that your base ES needs to come from gear alone, and such decent ES gear with further ES increases on it is very hard to find.

While CI was overpowered before, its nerf was too much and has made it very difficult to build a capable CI player. Also people that say you cannot get life regen as good as ES regen are wrong. You can regen your health with potions very easily. If your ES goes down, then you have to spend a while running around until the cooldown wears off, durning which you are very easily killed.

A better approach would have been to give CI a flat +50 increase to ES, and also to make INT increase base ES, not just multiply what your gear has.
Int should be a"more" effect. It would come out to the equivalent to +Flat but it won't run into the "Hey I have ES with no ES gear" syndrome.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
I dont see a problem with INT providing base ES, it would make people picking up INT nodes less squishier without needing gear.

It doesnt really bother me if STR or DEX based characters pick up a few INT nodes for it as well.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
The can of worms though is that then Str characters get base ES. Which isn't the intention of ES.

The simpler solutions are...

1) Change Int to a MORE effect, that basically increases your base ES by a %. Downside is it dos leave ES users gear dependent but that's the intention of the defense system. ES isn't health, its not meant to be present without itemization.
2) Increase base ES of ES gear (secondarily increase stats on hybrid gear). That gives ES users more base ES the easiest way.
3) All ES nodes also give some amount of base ES. This makes ES nodes attractive, and limits "itemless" ES primarily to Int classes. This is a pretty elegant solution, as right now ES nodes feel rather weak because ES isn't multiplicative with health.

Of course ES isn't particularly weak, it theoretically provides as much eHP as Armor (and theoretically EV does too but different can of worms) it just feels weaker because it doesn't amplify your health pool but rather sits on top of that pool.

I would in addition to one of those three changes (and before making any changes) ALSO change ES to "count" as HP. That is to say for the purpose of stuns your HP is HP+ES, that actually strengthens ES a LOT for ES users because it will at *worst* increase your HP against stuns by 50%.
Last edited by Autocthon on Feb 14, 2013, 8:06:37 AM
I would definitely like the hybrid ES gear to be improved, at least for shadows because the evasion + ES gear atm is very weak.

- PoE TOS.
Hybrid gear overall has 50% teh stats of pure gear. Which makes it weaker than pure gear because of the way DR/EV works.
Personally, I'd like to see ES on gear upped significantly somewhere between 50% to 100% and lower the recharge speed. I see ES as something that is about short spurts of battle then recharging. While health is about healing, armor absorbing and evasion as avoidance.
i dislike the fact that when u go CI everything freezes u no matter how much dmg it does because u have 1 hp
IGN Crakk

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info