Hard content should give you access to better maps and not RNG

End of story.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
+1

the end
Why not have maps be the "difficulty"? Why would they gate uniques behind them, trading thats why, because they balance everything around it. As if trading has always been an integral part of arpgs lol, what a joke
I agree to an extent. I believe the absolute highest level maps should be nigh impossible to sustain--an infrequent reward at best--and maybe the next highest level sustainable only in short bursts. Maybe, if there is enough content to below it to justify another level of "icing on the cake" at the top. Below that, all other content should be sustainable according to your character's ability to roll and complete challenging mods.

I mean, I never have and likely never will participate in highest level content (I like rerolling too much, it's just a different game for me) but from a design perspective I take issue with the idea of players being able to meet the absolute ceiling of potential the game has to offer (including mirrored gear or level 100, but those are other topics), not out of envy or anything--again, I could care less, I'd be too busy rerolling to GAF about items out of my reach--but because, again from a design perspective, I think there should always be something for a player to strive for. Not, oh, you hit the ceiling, you won the game.

So yeah, anyways. I agree with a caveat. The wall should exist, but it shouldn't occur so early. If your gear and build can handle the next level you shouldn't be all that challenged simply accessing that content. All the way up, except the highest level, and maybe a little bit of difficulty a level or so down if there is enough content below it.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Jul 25, 2015, 3:23:09 PM
Play self found I_NO

Until they fix this terribly designed map system its only way to ensure hard content.

Players should be able to easily maintain a map pool of the hardest content they can manage. Anything else is poor design because it makes people run content that's too easy for them and they get bored and end up not enjoying themselves.

I never seen a end game like this. All other game from tetris to D3 rifts you go until brick wall. Not this one you spend 90% of your time face rolling content too easy for you for a shot at something decent.

Imagine if D3 you beat a 29 rift and they make you do trivial 26s again for a shot a 29 rift, you already did. derp. Or playing online chess you match up against 1800s harkness and you win a match only to go against 1400 novices. again derp. This is PoEs map system.

Best way to enjoy is just cripple urself. No trade. No more 6L. No more GG weapons. Hell try all blues. Set up parameters where challenge can always be met
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 25, 2015, 3:42:14 PM
This is why I quit for almost a year, waiting for the xpac to come out. Had hopes that the map system would improve but nope. Well at least desynch isn't nearly so bad.

Forced to trade, forced to party to get much above 85'ish. And repeat lower-mid maps endlessly.

Pretty disappointing.
Stopped playing thanks to the fair map system atm ... not even sure what to think of GGG after the last patch . The Awakening was just a huge disappointment for me . Can just hope that they don't continue working into that direction .
"
Arthikas wrote:
This is why I quit for almost a year, waiting for the xpac to come out. Had hopes that the map system would improve but nope. Well at least desynch isn't nearly so bad.

Forced to trade, forced to party to get much above 85'ish. And repeat lower-mid maps endlessly.

Pretty disappointing.

Improve? LMAO its gotten way worse. Like I used to maintain 78s after blowing like 10C a map. Now u cant even maintain 76s

Not to mention 78 like like mid tier now not even high end content since they go to supposedly 82.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 25, 2015, 8:10:56 PM
"
End of story.

What about if you die constantly when attempting the content?

XD
"
Arthikas wrote:
Forced to trade, forced to party
It is clear by looking at the Warbands economy that sustaining up to 77 maps is not just possible, but significant numbers of players are running a surplus. They're probably mass partying and mass trading to do it, but they're making it work.

It is also clear, looking at the economy, that no one is sustaining 81+ long-term, regardless of currency dumped. Which means even partying and trading are insufficient.

I am not a believer in a radical change to current map drop rates, but I believe they need a moderate buff. I'd call it a "+2 levels" buff; 82s should be as sustainable as 80s are now, 77s should be as sustainable as 75s are now, etc.

I feel that's still pretty damn strict on my part. It should be strict if you ask me. The highest maps should require significant currency sink, and thus partying/trading, to maintain. But strict is one thing, impossible is another, and we've got some actual impossible going on.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 25, 2015, 9:56:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info