Currency Watch! - Chaos orbs to Exalted [ WB ] [ T ]

The economy is wrecked. This is why we can't have nice things.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Why do people think exchange rates between currencies within an economy has anything to do with the "shitiness" of the economy? All this reflects is the changing utility of the orbs.

because people like to assign blame instead of think what, how and why.(btw not only for this topic but generally for anything where humans are involved)
Flippers ruined our economy and apologists are apologizing for them.

"
Esto wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Why do people think exchange rates between currencies within an economy has anything to do with the "shitiness" of the economy? All this reflects is the changing utility of the orbs.

because people like to assign blame instead of think what, how and why.(btw not only for this topic but generally for anything where humans are involved)

Are you a flipper?
"
coatofarms wrote:
Are you a flipper?

What would it change, if he were?
"
innervation wrote:
"
coatofarms wrote:
Are you a flipper?

The reason our economy is the Greece of ARPGs is because flippers have inflated the price to make profit. That is the 'what, how and why'. Flippers SHOULD receive the blame.

It's not that complicated. There really is no 'what, how and why'.

And the fuse to ex ratio is NOT 100:1. I'll just sit on my fuses thank you flippers very much!
idk, my guess is a lot of the chinese botters decided, this league, to buy up all the exalts early on. There's no good reason for the exalt price to be the ridiculous 45-50: 1 right now.

My guess is possibly like 15 or so people all decided to pool everything (bot possibly) and dominate the entire exalt market
"
coatofarms wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
"
coatofarms wrote:
Are you a flipper?

The reason our economy is the Greece of ARPGs is because flippers have inflated the price to make profit. That is the 'what, how and why'. Flippers SHOULD receive the blame.

It's not that complicated. There really is no 'what, how and why'.

And the fuse to ex ratio is NOT 100:1. I'll just sit on my fuses thank you flippers very much!

I know this will come across as rude, but it needs to be said. Your local university will, in all likelihood, have a library. You probably can't check their books out, but you will be able to browse their stuff, take books off of the shelf, and sit down and read on premises.

They will also probably have one or more copies of each textbook in their curriculum on the shelves. Grab micro and macro economics and treat yourself.

Not trying to pick on you, you're certainly not by any stretch the only person who has jumped a ride on the 'flipper' scapegoat train, you're just the most recent in this thread.

And while you're right that it's not that complicated, you're wrong on every other point.

To give you a heads up on one of the chapters, the ratio of a single unit of product A to currency X is where supply meets demand. While PoE isn't economics in a vacuum (ex most products in any test case double as currency) the broad principles apply.
"
innervation wrote:
=
I know this will come across as rude, but it needs to be said. Your local university will, in all likelihood, have a library. You probably can't check their books out, but you will be able to browse their stuff, take books off of the shelf, and sit down and read on premises.

They will also probably have one or more copies of each textbook in their curriculum on the shelves. Grab micro and macro economics and treat yourself.

Not trying to pick on you, you're certainly not by any stretch the only person who has jumped a ride on the 'flipper' scapegoat train, you're just the most recent in this thread.

And while you're right that it's not that complicated, you're wrong on every other point.

To give you a heads up on one of the chapters, the ratio of a single unit of product A to currency X is where supply meets demand. While PoE isn't economics in a vacuum (ex most products in any test case double as currency) the broad principles apply.

No offense, not trying to insult you, but you're a free market fundamentalist. 100 fuses does not equal 1 ex. If flippers raised the price to 500 fuses = 1 ex, would you still defend the ratio as being explained by 'supply and demand' ??

GGG should implement price controls. That way, our economy will not be able to be manipulated by greedy people.

The only people that didn't want an auction house were flippers and people that depend upon profiting from trade.
Same shit every season.
The Exalt price ALWAYS rushes up at the end of the first month to 40-50 Chaos, then slowly climbs down to 40ish, finally ending equal to the ratio of Standard league (about 30:1 I think) in the last month.
That's simply because people need certain (expensive) items at this point to finish their builds. Those usually have buyouts in ex. Thus everybody is buying ex to pay them.
Sure, there are item- and currency flippers but all the harm you can get from them is a bad deal. It's the community itself that drives the prices up cause everybody wants to buy at this point. I expect it to start changing in about ~2 weeks. No need to panic at all.
IGN: Kyrell
"
posterier wrote:
idk, my guess is a lot of the chinese botters decided, this league, to buy up all the exalts early on. There's no good reason for the exalt price to be the ridiculous 45-50: 1 right now.

My guess is possibly like 15 or so people all decided to pool everything (bot possibly) and dominate the entire exalt market

so can you explain why this ratio of chaos to exalt has been the same in every single softcore temp league since this game began?

"
Giveitall wrote:
Same shit every season.
The Exalt price ALWAYS rushes up at the end of the first month to 40-50 Chaos, then slowly climbs down to 40ish, finally ending equal to the ratio of Standard league

ya exactly, what are you people talking about? Evwery single softcore league ever the price of exalts has jumped from being 25cish right at the start to very quickly becoming like 45-55 chaos. Every, single, league, ever.

All this talk of chaos more common, botters, flippers, market controllers... what are you guys on? Nothing has changed, at all, this is the same rate chaos:ex always are in temp leagues, this is the same pattern of exalt price inflation that we saw in anarchy, domination, ambush, rampage, torment... every league. OMG ITS BECAUSE OF THE DUPES, THE DUPES DID IT OMG PEOPLE HAVE BEEN DUPING ITEMS WITH GUILD STASH SINCE 10 MONTHS BEFORE GUILD STASHES WERE EVEN IN THE GAME AND GGG DONE NOTHING ABOUT IT AND NOW THE EXALTS ARE THE SAME PRICE THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN IN EVERY LEAGUE OMG GAME RUINED GGG ROLLBACK ENTIRE GAME TO 2013!!!!

come on people, get a grip.

is it a good thing that ex are always hitting like 45+ chaos? No, its retarded, the drop rate of exalts is diabolical, its terrible for the game, ive been arguing for it to be higher forever, it makes the economy complete shit to deal with, Im totally with anyone who feels that way. But this isnt flippers, duping, market control, nothings changed to make this happen because this happening is not a change, its always been this shit. When exalts were 1:15 chaos and chaos were 1:1 regret, 1:2 alchs, 1:2 scours the economy was healthy, it was fun, stuff made sense in terms of what an orb did and what it cost.

Its the same with crafting, scrotie made some posts recently about how crafting always has to cost more than trading, and hes absolutely right in what he said. If something costs 10ex of currency to craft you cant sell it for 10ex because someone will just craft it themselves rather than buy from you, you have to undercut the rate at which someone can get the item without you.... But PoE goes beyond that, its not a case of "I charge 7ex because u can make it for 10ex", its "This item would cost you 200 exalts to craft but Im going to charge you 1 exalt because exalts are so fucking rare that purely based on drop rate its unthinkable that I even charge you 2." Ratios vs usefulness of orbs is fucked, crafting is fucked, and its not dupes or flippers or whatever, its the retarded drop rates that GGG sets.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info