[2.0][HC] CI Non-Crit Whispering Ice Storm Scion

"
Ishamz wrote:
hey, i have a similar build on warbands, not exactly the same tree since i started as a witch, but its very similar.

one question, how are you mantaining your mana? i run discipline/herald of ice and arctic armour for some damage mitigation.. but i also need to have a mana leech gem on my staff.

any ideas on how to "fix" it?

It seems the build creator hasn't really been around for a little while, so allow me to answer that (I'm currently at level 86, so I'm technically further along than he is/was).

Essentially, the only significant form of mana management is Clarity. Intelligence points grant a bonus to mana, so at 1000+ intelligence, that bonus gets pretty big. Secondly, the build grabs a few mana nodes, including a few that grant mana regeneration. For example, there's two nodes near the top of the tree, and one of the cold/lightning damage nodes (closer to the Templar) also grants mana regeneration.

Along with the mana regeneration in the tree, you should also aim to get some relatively large bonuses (i.e. 40%+) on your rings and amulet. If you're lucky, you may also have mana bonuses on your gear. Combine that with the Int bonus, and you should have close to 1,400 mana. I'm currently sitting at 1,480, and I regenerate 115.2 mana per second. It's not actually enough to sustain the spell indefinitely, but it's more than enough to cast the spell many times. Given the build's DPS, that's more than enough.

Bottomline: run Clarity. Also, I'm not sure if Arctic Armour would really be worthwhile here. Given that its bonus is multiplicative, I would think that it would work best when coupled with high armour. At any rate, I'm not running it, and I'm not really having any trouble with maps.

"
reskone wrote:
hello, wouldnt crit be better dps wise and freeze wise ?

While it certainly would help with freezing, the build's damage is already quite ridiculous. Crits would make reflect mobs/maps suicide. As it is, I can kill most bosses in under 5-10 seconds. Often, I don't even realize that I've killed a boss until I type "/remaining" and see "0 enemies remaining".

Plus, I think that investing in Crit would probably cause problems with other aspects of the build, such as the ES pool (which needs to be large) and the mana pool/management.
"
Ishamz wrote:
hey, i have a similar build on warbands, not exactly the same tree since i started as a witch, but its very similar.

one question, how are you mantaining your mana? i run discipline/herald of ice and arctic armour for some damage mitigation.. but i also need to have a mana leech gem on my staff.

any ideas on how to "fix" it?

maybe run clarity?
Just get Auxium as belt

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info