POE 1.3 vs. 2.0, if you could chose ...

I quit because of desync and now I have returned so I will have to say 2.0. The loot filter is a nice addition and they have changed a lot and made the game better in most aspects from what I can remember.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
2.0 all the way. So many new toys. Lockstep. Tighter act progression. NEW TOYS.

Do I dislike Path of Bullet Hell? Of course. But it's not the totality of the game. Act 4 is exactly the same as D2's act 4 if you think about it: lore-based bosses as you progress towards a fairly claustrophobic climax filled with projectiles (oblivion knights, vomit spitters, lightning finger dudes, etc) and chunky losses of life before you figure out how to handle it.

Flame Dash is my personal answer to PoBH -- unlike WB, it's a true teleport that zips through the spam and allows you to just whale away. We didn't have that in The Awakening Beta and it's made all the difference.

1.3 felt stagnant and bloated to me.

As for CB: Far better community, far inferior game. The only reason the game wasn't dictated by economy is we had no third party indexer and had to do fucking drop trading, and most of you didn't have to deal with the onslaught of threads regarding true scamming in that regard. It was a goddamn nightmare.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jul 24, 2015, 8:50:17 PM

100%
Audentes Fortuna Iuvat
i dislike the leech changes but besides that 2.0 100%
Return to a time before Bex was doing Hideout of the Week videos? Are you MAD?!?!

2.0 please & thank you
I liked ambush. Maybe cuz thats when i started i dunno but seemed best.
Git R Dun!
New features are great in 2.0

The balance is shit though, really really horrible.
"
Zhatan wrote:
New features are great in 2.0

The balance is shit though, really really horrible.

Yep. The idea of using new stuff to make the game harder is intrinsically flawed. That only serves to make the rest of the game too easy. They really need to quit that, or buff the entire game if they feel it's too easy rather than just add new stuff trying to make it challenging.

The also need to realize that we want to beat them, and not to take it so personally when we do. The "DM" as adversary to the players doesn't make for a game that people will enjoy. Nor does "DM" as a friend. They need to be more impartial.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

I've never had more fun dying to shit.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info