My poormans witch HC solo build I use to clear maps

"
Eivon wrote:
"
there is no way thats your real gear lol

Eh?

Yes that is my gear. Why is that so hard to believe? You mean that it shouldn't be possible to run endgame maps with that bad items? We are talking about a character build that will take probably among the fewest hits from mobs in the game if using a careful playstyle.

A summoner build like this one will not get hit alot, you don't need anything better to do good. You are always shielded by a huge amount of minions and with double curses +the conversion trap it is a very sturdy build. Ofc my death proves that my life/armor was to low but it was also kinda a fluke death which normally I would have avoided. Got oneshooted pretty much because I wasn't paying attention and playing in an open map. Under normal circumstances a mob like that roah would never have gotten close to charge. Just an enfeeble on it would have saved me from being oneshooted also.

If you are wondering why I didn't use better gear, reason like I wrote in my guide is I am playing selffound without trading. It is hard as hell to find/craft items that are upgrades stat wise and have the necessary sockets/links/colours so you are still able to use the same skillgem setup as before. That is the reason why I was using that gear.

Why the hell would I lie? Anyone that have played a summoner in endgame would see that you don't need much gear. And this build was once again made to maximize the usage of skills that don't need good items to perform well.

no I mean theres no way you cant find better gear then that.Ive found better stuff in cruel lol.
Sic Semper Evello Mortem Tyrannis
We need a unique item that prevents Roah charges.
"
kosryvrdrgn wrote:
We need a unique item that prevents Roah charges.

"Portable Roah fence", sign me up for one please. :P

Taking a break atm from PoE but next character I roll will probably be a clone of this build I think. It felt abit boring to right away start again with the same exact build so need alittle time away from the game to make it feel fresh again.

The problem with designing a build for HC solo play in general is that the overall best toon you can make is a double curse summoner imo. Nothing else really comes close. This is the downside of solo HC, the lack of builds if you are I quess a "powergamer", want to play the best build possible. For SC you could play alot of builds solo, the occasional deaths wouldn't matter much.

What I will probably end up doing on the next "poorman witch build" I do is go for health/shield hybrid. I think the eldritch battery alternative is stronger but in order for it to work the best you need to have armor items. It is just so hard to find armor items with blue linked sockets without trading.

Last edited by Eivon on Feb 18, 2013, 11:49:54 AM
I think the 15% xp penalty means death at any level matter.
The fairest flowers bloom in the foulest places.
this build is inspirational.

As others have said, grinding for gear or burning through orbs trying to create gear is annoying.

Now I just have to find a conversion trap...

Good job on making the build so gear independent. I feel like you should have better stuff just from crafting with transmutations, augmentations and alterations but I've traded other stuff like chromatics for them so not sure with the self found thing.

Next time, reroll 4L boots until you have 20-30% move speed (with trading I'll be rolling until I get 25-30% probably). Any other slot might be used for life and resist requirements but this boots-only boon helps so very often. This and careful play and well timed seething flasks are my evasion build's only medicine against charge packs. I doubt armor builds have it much easier if not using block or endurance charges. (I hope that despite everything it took more than 1 rhoa to kill you...)

"
Eivon wrote:

"Portable Roah fence", sign me up for one please. :P

In before frost wall totem.
Last edited by Ksielvin on Mar 13, 2013, 9:40:39 PM
Was so sorry to hear you had died on HC and your character was sent to softcore.

I read your post while at work on my phone, just got home and wanted to wish you well.
Casual Player - who likes microtransactions and hideouts.
I am following the build (in softcore, I'm not brave :P ), and currently using spork. While I was running with my friend he suggested I go dual totem so I could use both spark and skeletons. Would this be viable with your build? :P I'm fairly new to summoner witch and she's on cruel at level 36. She isn't having any issues yet, which is great. But I would like some feedback on a potential dual totem along with your current build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info