2.1 Crit Flame Totem - Blood Magic - 91k DPS each totem, fast clear speed, Atziri viable

so i ran a very similar build to this one ds hc, i only got to around 40k dps at lvl 89. Arund this time t10-t11 maps started hitting me very hard, i had 5.8k hp. Ive been trying to theroy craft ways to make the build have more phys mitagation, havent really had any luck, was wondering how high of tier maps youve pushed and if your on hc? also i bought a three dragons awhile back but im so unsure of it.... sometimes it seems like im losing alot of dmg than other times it doesnt. Any input would be apprecaited! cheers
"
jedimind207 wrote:
so i ran a very similar build to this one ds hc, i only got to around 40k dps at lvl 89. Arund this time t10-t11 maps started hitting me very hard, i had 5.8k hp. Ive been trying to theroy craft ways to make the build have more phys mitagation, havent really had any luck, was wondering how high of tier maps youve pushed and if your on hc? also i bought a three dragons awhile back but im so unsure of it.... sometimes it seems like im losing alot of dmg than other times it doesnt. Any input would be apprecaited! cheers

I'm not on HC so can't really talk much about that. The build is not armor-heavy, and even if you go no crit and having about 1.5k more life, pure life is not a form of effective defense in this meta. I can suggest if you really need physical mitigation, a non blood magic build with lightning coil can work out (you will lose dps though).

Personally I have cleared several lvl 80 maps. Vaal Summon Skeletons makes many boss fights easier and you can also try Vaal Grace. Some higher map bosses could be impossible due to the fact that the battle takes place where you simply can't hide at all or there are too many 1-shot mechanics (Core, Palace, Colosseum, Uber...).

About 3 dragons, I can't tell how good it is on bosses at 40k dps. At over 90k, I can reliably shock all bosses that I've fought. On trash mobs/rares, it always works.

can I apply this build to 2.1??
OMG this is awesome!!!!

I am using TRIPLE totems, only Flame Totems and Arc Totems (with spell totem).
Each Flame totem do about 13k damage, each Arc Totem do about 7,5k.
I am level 71 and its hard not to die.

My skilltree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAA3UEBxBYES0RUBVQGyUb8RzcHYMfAiL0KU8qEyycMFsy0TW5NsVEoUSrRUdFnUbXS65Ms1NSVa5XKVh3WOVaK15dXwRj_WZUZp5sC20ZcYVyD3YReuZ8g37Hf8aCEIKbg_OFe4dljHaPGo-mkSuTJ5RvlYea4J2unjyj8qcIpyunlKyXrhKxQrUEtzG4k72CwGbDE8y30B_R_dV11abYJNlb2fzaudrd34rfsOQi5YvpAuvu7Djv6_MR

My Gear I am using at the moment:

I am using the Flame Golem and the Herald of Thunder.

Build works totally fine as before. If you only have lvl 20 Flame Totem and no Empower, you will lose a tiny bit of damage. If you have lvl 21 FT and/or lvl 3+ Empower, you will have more damage.

The only thing I am testing with FT build now is how reliably safe it is to run a mana based version instead of Blood Magic (using clarity + HoT/HoI/Arctic Armour). The increase mana gained per level might make it more viable, but behind BM keystone is a massive HP clusters, so I am not sure yet.

I personally dislike Soul Mantle. Even with warding flask, there will be windows when you're under a curse and don't have flask up yet. In high map, that's more chance of getting 1-shotted. Besides, going 2 different totem types is never a good thing. The tree is spread out and you end up with much less damage and less survivability. Either arc or FT (hint: FT is much better).
Last edited by Taxi_Driver on Dec 20, 2015, 8:11:09 PM
building similar to this now and have a question.

If i'm using added lightning dmg as a support gem for my flame totem, is three dragons pointless at that point since my totem also does lightning dmg?
Do I loose all Power Charges when the Flame totem crits?
Nice build, sir!
What do you think about CI version of this build with consuming dark instead of void battery?
It's just a theory. Here is the passives tree:
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBAW8FQhEPES8RUBXXFkAYahslHRQdTyBuIvQpTyoLKo0rCiycLL8tHzW5NsU22EGWRKFG10kbSbFLrkyzTq5QMFBCUq9TNVZjV5RYB1jlWitcQFxrXfJj_WSdZlRmnmf8bAttGXBScYVyD3WeeC965nzlf8aCEIKbg_OESIV7hX2GrofLidOLeow2jHaOZI9Gj_qTJ5uhnjyhL6Pypyunm6yYrhKus7E2sUK1SLb6tzG5k7tNvorBxcMJwxPDbc8V0B_Q9dWm18_ZW9q5217dX9-K37Di9-kC62Pr9ewY7DjsVe-I7-vxbPId96b31_k3-tI=
Did you ever decide if a mana based version was viable? Or is Blood Magic still the best option since you are using the Infernal Mantle?
It was a bit late, but here are my answers:

1. 3 Dragons is not pointless with Added Lightning (the lightning part of your FT damage can freeze, the fire part can still shock). It is just that Added Lightning is much worse than the other gem.

2. You don't lose anything when FT crit. You lose PCs only when YOU crit (only happen if you Flame Dash into the mob, which you should not do anyway).

3. CI means no Blood Magic, no Clear Mind (as you will have to use Clarity + Discipline) and you must use Eye of Chayula (a terrible amulet in term of damage, and you probably will lack Dex). Wands provide significantly higher DPS compare to dagger. With low attack speed, whirling blade is not as much better than Dash. Coupled with the fact that you can manually heal only by Vaal Discipline, I think it is far inferior to life based build.

4. Mana is OK. I would not recommend it before 2.1 but now as mana per level is higher, using Clarity alone (or even Clarity + 1 herald) would almost never put you in low mana. However, Blood Magic has the advantage of a HUGE life cluster (maybe the biggest out of 4 point in the whole tree) and a very good totem cluster next to it. I would say mana build is OK, with Blood Magic still slightly better.
Last edited by Taxi_Driver on Jan 22, 2016, 2:09:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info