[2.1] The fevered Soul Strike Scion (424 Manacost Wild Strike) [BotW submission]

You like Wildstrike? You like buffs? You like to not worry about Manacost? This might be your build..

Introduction:

I like the new Wild Strike skill alot. However, everybody seemed to play it as a crit build and i wanted to show it works without crit just fine. I found out about a few nifty ways to scale the damage up by quite a bit. But we will get to that later.

Required Items (build name):
Spoiler
The build requires the following Items to work:

Reading the Item names you can see where the name comes from. We use fevered Mind jewels to get alot of spell damage, convert that spell damage to physical damage and use a soul taker because we end up with roughly 400 Manacost per Attack.

DPS
Spoiler
We are using different ways of scaling our damage in this build.

1. Fevered Minds
Every jewel of those gives 30% phys damage. they did cost me 2-4chaos each. a rare jewel with perfect stats will give more dps, but will also be very expensive (1ex+) and since we dont care about manacost because of our soultaker, these jewels are our first choice.

2. Heralds
We do run all three Heralds.

3. Bloodrage
We run Bloodrage which gives us attack speed and 4 frenzy charges.

4. Onslaught
We do get they onslaught axe node from the tree.

5. Mantra of Flames
This jewel is limited to 1 and gives us 5-12 Fire Damage per buff on us. We already run 3 Heralds + Bloodrage + Onslaught at this point, so we have already 5 Buffs. But hold on a Minute, we still have 25% Mana unreserved, so lets add in Arctic Armour. And a Brolem. And Molten Shell. And Tempest Shield. And Vaal Haste. And Vaal Grace. And cuz we can, lets add a lvl 1 clarity on BM. Did you count that with me? Right, we have a total of 12 Buffs available ;)

How DPS actually looks with buffs up

This is just the DPS of the mob you hit. The elemental part is nowhere to be seen. This number is also missing Onslaught Buff and Molten Shell.

update: 2.1 : last checked being at 53k tooltip selfbuffed! clearspeed increased by alot due to changes!

Youtube Video:
Spoiler

Promenade Runthrough. Maplvl 71, Characterlevel 83.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHMP7jJ61Os&feature=youtu.be

Gear
July 23rd 2015

Specially the Belt and Jewellery leaves ALOT of room for improvement.

August 2nd 2015

Still looking for a better ring and belt.

Build:

Tipp:
How to level up ez

Hurry towards RT and the Axe nodes, get a 4linked Wideswing at level 18 and use Sweep - FA - Added Fire - Melee Phys.
When this Setup stops one- or two-shotting stuff, get a better axe and go Cyclone - FA - Melee Phys - Fortify and get Elreon Rings. I did this til lvl 70.

FAQ:
What are some of the challenges/difficulties that have been encountered with this build? Is there any specific boss or map modifiers that heavily hinders the build?

So far I have not encountered a map boss that i cant kill with this build. modwise i can run basically anything, but elemental reflect. physical reflect is barely noticeable.

Could you post a comparison video of cleave and cyclone? Wildstrike just seems bad mechanically.

Wish fulfilled. My result says none of those clear as fast with my build than wildstrike. cyclone would need more aoe, then its likely better.
Video: http://plays.tv/video/55b29f0921d033b2dd

I am following this build but i am having 10k dps less than you show. why?

this can have alot of reasons.
do you use fevered minds with 28-30% only? i do.
do your gloves have attack speed and a dmg roll? mine do.
do you have flat elemental damage on your rings and amy? i do :P
do you have weapon elemental damage on your amy? ...
what level are your heralds?
do you have all the jewel sockets?
does your soultaker have a decent roll?
is your mantra of flames maxed?
i could go on with this "checklist", but it should make clear why your dps is different.

How can I get more damage?

+replace fevered minds with rare jewels that have 2 spelldamage rolls and 2 attack speed rolls
+get herald of ice and herald of thunder to level 21.
+dont use fortify, use physical to lightning instead (I do NOT recommend to do so, the survivability is really nice and its still a buff for mantra of flames)
+get an amulet with spell damage and WED roll
+take a shield that has spelldamage instead

Updates are added into the spoilers.
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
Last edited by Milani on Dec 22, 2015, 12:55:22 PM
Very nice -- Bookmarked!

One thing to keep in mind is that charges do not count as buffs.

What are some of the challenges/difficulties that have been encountered with this build? Is there any specific boss or map modifiers that heavily hinders the build?
added as FAQ ;)
You have melee physical damage linked with Wild Strike, which doesn't do anything for it. Use a different gem and the secondary effects will do much more.

Added fire would do nicely.

Tree wise, Retribution and Born to fight don't help your dps due to being Melee damage, but nothing you can really do about that. I guess the attack speed is nice, and the other minor stats.

Looks like a cool build nevertheless.
IGN - WazaBaza
Last edited by Wazabaza on Jul 23, 2015, 3:42:32 PM
Hey,

very nice build but i personally don't think it clears fast enough in my opinion. But! wouldn't it be a good idea to link curse on hit to your ele weaknes on herald of thunder? since you're always close to mobs and it will always be up since you always kill with the proc of herald of thunder. so it would be much more effective to run it like that than Cwdt. i could be wrong ofc but i just tought of that. Also why not a spell damage shield with that helmet? would increase your dmg even more! or do you really need the armour?
IGN inspectorgadgetz
"
Wazabaza wrote:
You have melee physical damage linked with Wild Strike, which doesn't do anything for it. Use a different gem and the secondary effects will do much more.

Tree wise, Retribution and Born to fight don't help your dps due to being Melee damage, but nothing you can really do about that. I guess the attack speed is nice, and the other minor stats.

I picked Retribution because it doesnt only give melee, but also spell damage, which i convert to phys. the int i need anyway and the attack speed is veeery good too.
Born to fight was just the easiest way to get into the mara tree for life and the strength/attackspeed makes it worthwhile, even tho the melee phys doesnt do much.

I didnt think about the melee phys gem much to be honest, will try others and tell how it goes.

"
sclufzs wrote:
Hey,

very nice build but i personally don't think it clears fast enough in my opinion. But! wouldn't it be a good idea to link curse on hit to your ele weaknes on herald of thunder? since you're always close to mobs and it will always be up since you always kill with the proc of herald of thunder. so it would be much more effective to run it like that than Cwdt. i could be wrong ofc but i just tought of that. Also why not a spell damage shield with that helmet? would increase your dmg even more! or do you really need the armour?

Clearspeed highly depends on your positioning. i think the clearspeed is decent. not everything needs to clear the entire screen with one hit. plus i am by far not done with links and jewels and jewellery and so on.

i do not think that herald of thunder with curse on hit and curse will curse more than with cwdt. reason being is that i dont shock everything all the time and the herald is not always activly doing something. another factor playing into this is the fact that this would be a gemslot more than it is now which i rather use for another buff ;)

i think you could run a spell damage shield with this but i prefer the life/red/armor over that to get tankyness.

"
Wazabaza wrote:

All melee physical damage increases increase the the damage from wild strike. All the secondary effects are converted after the physical melee damage.
Spell damage is not converted into physical damage, it's converted into attack damage (meaning it also applies to any flat elemental damage you have).

The dps is actually quite impressive considering how bad your gear is - you could get tons more by adding spell damage on shield/amulet and better flat damage rolls on your jewellery.

You could probably optimize the tree a lot as well, I don't think axe nodes are necessarily the best way to scale your damage.

Really cool build though, keep improving on it, I think it has a lot more potential~
hayze420, you are incorrect about that.

"
Melee physical damage only applies to melee effects, which the secondary effects of wild strike are not.
- Mark_GGG

IGN - WazaBaza
Last edited by Wazabaza on Jul 23, 2015, 5:09:37 PM
"
Julchiar wrote:
Spell damage is not converted into physical damage, it's converted into attack damage (meaning it also applies to any flat elemental damage you have).

The dps is actually quite impressive considering how bad your gear is - you could get tons more by adding spell damage on shield/amulet and better flat damage rolls on your jewellery.

You could probably optimize the tree a lot as well, I don't think axe nodes are necessarily the best way to scale your damage.

Really cool build though, keep improving on it, I think it has a lot more potential~

yea. i didnt wanna buy all the rare gear, because then i get bored too fast. like this, i can still just find upgrade or alch upgrades. thats motivation for me to keep playing :)

i am pretty sure i can get alot higher dps in the end and i am super motivated to keep on going.

what would you change about the tree?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info