Unique Item Rarity Changes

can you people relax?

"
but keep in mind that we introduced many, many more uniques in this patch which skews rarity. In addition made some changes to the overall rarity model to ensure that some uniques that were drifting into dangerously-rare territory would be more common.

Lame.
Died in Tempest today. Don't care. Wasn't enjoying the game anymore tbh. Might be back when next leagues start. good luck to all the rest who still enjoys the game!!!
I think my favourite game is going to shit. So much change for the sake of change instead of improvement. I never thought i'd be the guy taking all this for granted but fix the game not the drops. A skilled player should not rip often because you tweaked out what it meant to be skilled. Mors is right when you pay for a certain service and that service (even when dressed as evolution) changes so drastically that it feels like a breach of contract yet you get no refunds. You leave us in a state of no resolve. In Limbo. In disgust. Yeah, The feeling is an option but the option wasn't what we signed up for.
GGG never fails to impress on how bad your decisions can actually be
kappa
So items people like to use got balanced via rarity, and niche items that few people want got way more common...
CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E
Hey Qarl, is these changes to rarity temp league specific?
ign-justanormalname
Making items that are in the meta more rare doesn't actually change the meta. They are still what people WANT to use, you're just limiting the number of people who can play the way they want to. It's like if magic the gathering put a tier above Mythic rare; the number of competitive players who would want to build decks with those cards wouldn't change, just the number of people who could finacially afford to.
CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E
Last edited by RichMoney on Jul 23, 2015, 1:15:36 AM
Oh hey look the only 3 items i need and already cant afford just got more rare, thanks a lot
Now the gear that can keep you alive is super-rare...
I was hoping this was a bug; it's very hard to hear that this is intended. :(

This means devastating news for the 4-month hardcore leagues.

I don't want to play anything else, so for the first time in years, I'm questioning whether or not to keep playing PoE.

Not looking forward to choosing between:

-wearing crap gear that I find
-playing a build I don't want to play because the gear is cheap for it
-currency grinding endlessly, until I can afford uber-expensive gear that I only get to enjoy 2 weeks before league ends

100% negative change GGG. :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info