How do you craft a high dps weapon?

So I am fairly new to the crafting system. My basic understanding would be, and please correct me if I`m wrong:

I get a high level item like Vaal axe with ilevel 79. I roll so long alterations on it until I have either high IAS and throw another augment on it for high phys % dps to get like cruel/tyrannical (http://www.poemods.com/index.php?item_type=2h_sword_axe) or vise versa with the alts/augmentations, then regal it and voila that's it?

I wonder if I miss something spent today about 50chaos in alterations and still nothing -_-
does it have to be 20% before trying to get a good roll?

thanks
Last edited by danteafk on Jul 21, 2015, 10:38:53 PM
no it's just hard to roll high phys% on it
seems like i got harder
in 600 alts I would have expected a few high hybrid% oder phys% rolls
crafting tempred on it doesn't make a lot of sense...
The closest we have to 'crafting' in Path of Exile will be from the masters. Otherwise you have to gamble everything with Alteration, Regal and Exalted orbs.
Last edited by Nituvious on Jul 22, 2015, 1:44:12 AM
The best way to do it is getting a high hybrid or physical roll + high flat dmg (it allows you to be 100% sure to have both 140%+ physical in the end + high flat phys), then you just need to regal, put multi mode, and finish it. It will not give you the best result, but it will provide you with the best cost/power result.

But don't do it unless you have to much orbs, it is not cost efficient
-
Last edited by Zybeline2 on Jul 22, 2015, 7:47:07 AM
"
Zybeline2 wrote:
The best way to do it is getting a high hybrid-physical roll + high flat dmg (it allows you to be 100% sure to have both 140%+ physical in the end + high flat phys), then you just need to regal, put multi mode, and finish it. It will not give you the best result, but it will provide you with the best cost/power result.

But don't do it unless you have to much orbs, it is not cost efficient

Could you please explain in detail, do you mean rather than hoping for cruel/tyrannical I should rather look for tempered/flaring and then regal?
My bad, I did not write correctly. You should look for either one, they have, according to the datamined chances, the same chance to roll. Then you should regal into a flat physical roll. Or do the flag physical first.

If you manage to get both after regaling you are set. But keep in mind that hitting a t2 or t1 mode will cost several hundred alt.

Crafting will cost around 5 to 10 times more than buying the same item.
-
Last edited by Zybeline2 on Jul 22, 2015, 8:03:03 AM
Cheaper to buy one than to craft in most cases.
welp thanks.

Yep. My currency tab is almost blank now. I rather should have bought a new weapon than trying to craft myself ....
"
danteafk wrote:
welp thanks.

Yep. My currency tab is almost blank now. I rather should have bought a new weapon than trying to craft myself ....

It happens to the best of us. Over the weekend, I wanted a curse removal on one of my flasks in warbands, 400 alts later and I still didn't see one LOL. I could have bought a flask for 1c.
"
jconaspree wrote:
"
danteafk wrote:
welp thanks.

It happens to the best of us. Over the weekend, I wanted a curse removal on one of my flasks in warbands, 400 alts later and I still didn't see one LOL. I could have bought a flask for 1c.

Curse removal has a relatively high ilvl requirement compared to other flask mods. Are you sure that flask can roll it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info