2.0 (warb/temp) - Shock nova - 22k dps in a 4link ( cheap and fun build)

Hello guys, since everyone who’s play with me in parties, daily chains and zana missions are asking me about which build i am using, I decided to make this topic to showcase my current gear, tree and some tips.

My current gear:

as you can see, my gear is not that great, shield with low Es, helm low Es, still a lot to improve, but its working so far.

• Pros
Spoiler

- High damage, 22k DPS with 4 power charges on a 4 LINK
- shock stats, almost permastun in rare’s, magic’s and normal monsters
- High aoe coverage and fast clear
- Double curse for group plays
- Decent mobility
- Looks amazing

• Cons

Spoiler

- Cant do no regen mods
- Low armour, big hits hurts sometimes, granite and AA helps
- Sometimes the single target setup don’t kill the boss and its annoying (still working on this)
- Reflect/thornflesh may hurts be careful

• Stats and screenshots
Spoiler

Shock nova tooltip without charges:

Shock nova tooltip with 4 power and 3 frenzy charges:

Defenses in a4 merc:

• Choosing ur class
Spoiler

Ill be making variations for shadow, scion, templar and witch

• Skill Tree
Spoiler

That’s my current tree at lv 84:
Lv 84 106points

For leveling trees:
37 points

54 points

89 points

• Bandits
Spoiler

- Normal: Help oak
- Cruel: Kill all
- Merciless: Power charge or skill point

i killed all in merciless but i tottaly regret that, the extra power charge its way better.

• Let’s talk about the skill tree and nodes and combinations with gear
Spoiler

Notable keystones:
- Elditch Battery: Energy shield protect mana instead of life.
- Zealot’s Oath: All souces of life regen applies to energy shield regen.
- Mind Over Matter: When hit a % of mana is taken.
-
Notable unique itens:
- Voidbringer conjurer gloves = crit for spells, ‘ES’ gain on kill
- The blood dance sharkskin boots = frenzy charges

Why the uniques and the keystones:
So, with the new changes from 2.0, we can have a good opportunity to make a ‘combo’ to sustain our skills and have a small boost for defenses, with the new ‘EB’ we have a energy shield protecting our mana, that means, we can reserve all our mana with auras and the ‘ES’ left to cast skills.
For ‘ZA’ we use the unique boots ‘the blood dance’, with 3 frenzy charges up almost everytime, we gain a total of 3% life regen, but, instead of life regen we gain a shield regen p/ second, with this life regen and ES gain on kill we can use the ‘MOM’ keystone for a bit extra defense.

• Gear
Spoiler

This build require only 2 unique itens, and they are not that expensive:

Yes, you want to use this gloves soon as possible. Why? Simple, lot of crit for spells, Es gain on kill and some Es pool.

Frenzy charges for free. Why? For each charge we gain 1% ES regen, with the extra node on tree with 1% life regen, we have a total of 4% ES regen p/ second with 3 charges up.

Body armour: You can use a Carcaas jack, but I don’t recommend, we already have a decent AOE coverage from witch and Templar aoe nodes, a rare chest with ARMOUR and a high ENERGY SHIELD (350+) with life and resists fit this slot.

Helmet, belt: you want the highest ES and life possible in almost all pieces on the gear, I personally think a high AR/ES (250+) helm with 80+ life and some resists, we don’t have that much armour so every number in armour makes our defenses better.

Amulet: life, crit chance, crit multiplier, not much to say here.

Shield: you can choose, going dual wield, or using a shield with high ES (200+), crit chance/multi and life.

Rings: Resists and life.

Dagger, wand or staff: the most important item, you want atleast 120+ crit chance, 30+ crit multi and some spell damage, and the MOST IMPORTANT IS, YOU NEED A MOD LEFT on the weapon, because IS MANDATORY to buy the lightning leech mod from catarina level 5.

Tip: if you don’t find a decent weapon with a craftable slot, and, of you have currency, buy a Doryani's Invitation with lightning leech.

• Links
Spoiler

Main spell (this setup you have to put in voidbringers): Shock nova + spell echo + faster casting + lightning penetration or added lightning damage (I use added lightning damage)

Single target (body armour): Vaal storm call + vaal storm call + spell echo + lightning pen or added lightning dmg

3 link (shield) (OPTIONAL, don’t need to use this, I just think its cool and I use): vaal ice nova + spell echo + added lightning damage

Curse setup (helmet): Herald of thunder + curse on hit + assassins mark + conductivity or elemental weakness

Golem and movement (boots): flame dash + summon ice golem + item rarity + culling strike

Auras (dagger): Wrath + artic armour

first of all, sorry for my english mistakes, not my language.

thanks.
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
Last edited by Mawwk on Aug 5, 2015, 2:21:34 PM
Hey Maawk, loved your fire trap build - excited to roll this up. Voidbringers are a lot less expensive than I expected!
"
Hey Maawk, loved your fire trap build - excited to roll this up. Voidbringers are a lot less expensive than I expected!

yeah mate, just in the first days the gloves get a bit higher, any question free fell to contact me! thanks for trying out.
Totems for life!
have you already been testing the new innervate support gem for this build?
"
ben_mit_b wrote:
have you already been testing the new innervate support gem for this build?

i did some runs with a tabula, linked: shock nova + echo + faster cast + add light + innervate and light pen.

the onslaught buff is amazing, shock nova applies shock stats really quick and innvervate works very well, for a 5link i recommend adding innervate and for 6link light pen! inst necessary going 5 or 6link, i dont played in higher maps yet (76+) because i didnt find a single one, and i died yesterday( i jumped in a tornflesh pack), ill be rerolling soon, not the next char, but ill keeping making tests.
Totems for life!
Great build friend, good to see an interesting build, plus the combination of Blood Dance, Zealot's Oath and EB is genius.

I'm actually going to try this build but change Shock Nova for Frost Nova. Even if Frost Nova doesn't work, the transition from cold to lightning is incredibly minor (pretty sure you could easily swap either for a burning fire build very easily too).
"
Dragol wrote:
Great build friend, good to see an interesting build, plus the combination of Blood Dance, Zealot's Oath and EB is genius.

I'm actually going to try this build but change Shock Nova for Frost Nova. Even if Frost Nova doesn't work, the transition from cold to lightning is incredibly minor (pretty sure you could easily swap either for a burning fire build very easily too).

i did the same thing switching between icenova/shock nova, ice nova is 'decent' but the dps its not even close to shock nova dps, i know about freezing things etc, but shock stats make the build shines, even playing solo or a 6man party u gonna kill mobs faster then u expect, just be careful with thornflesh (i ripped to this) and ele reflect (topaz flask).
Totems for life!
Can i use lightning tenrils with same build and gear instead of shock nova?
"
craftman1999m wrote:
Can i use lightning tenrils with same build and gear instead of shock nova?

i think so, never tried, when i looked for a single target setup tendrils was my first option, i dont have a high level one to test, the tree its most based on crit/cast speed and aoe, sure u can use tendrils, let me know ur results!! ofc for tendrils you want use herald of ice, so drop wrath.

Totems for life!
Can you explain why you use added lightning over lightning penetration? Wouldn't penetration be better in most cases over added lightning?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info