Aliens: Colonial Marines - why it's awesome

Finished the game and i've been tweaking gfx settings etc for a couple of hours (nvidia control panel, inspector, sweet fx and dx10 mod)....it makes the game look better but overall it's a very average experience...6-7/10 max!

I think it suffers from the fact so many shooters have copied the aliens formula over the years. It feels very generic and the cutscenes and animations feel like something out of the quake 2 era of games in their jerkiness and overall quality.

I also find it astounding how animations fail to finish, particularly on the end boss fight. I won't post spoilers but it is clear that they cut to a cutscene early because they simply didn't finish or couldn't find a satisfactory way to finish an animation where a xeno has to drop off of a ledge.

In any case yes i'm bummed at gearbox for this game i was hoping for something tense, exciting and unique....what i got was a dumbed down fps clone with an aliens skin. It's ok but that's it.
"
"
ExileDude wrote:
"
LOL, Gearbox fails at making games and should get out of the business ASAP!

Tell that to Borderlands and Brothers in Arms.

LOL, Borderlands was filled and is still filled with modded gear and Brothers In Arms is super overrated.

Gearbox is a fail company.
Borderlands 3 have been confirmed for some time, and how many BiA games were there? Five? Six? Yeah, sounds like a fail-company, that one. :p

Anyway, here's something to think about: "Everyon" wanted a new AvP, yet how many remembers how bad the first AvP was? We're talking a game that was so insanely difficult that they had to release a free patch where we were allowed to save during missions, and even then the game was very difficult. On top of that, the Alien and Predator-campaigns in AvP were not very popular. That left us with a very short marine campaign and multiplayer. A:CM has even better multiplayer and a much longer and better campaign. What's not to like?

And as for AvP2, pretty much everyone agrees it's nowhere near as good as the first one, despite how difficult the first one was. But people only remember what they want to remember, and not always the facts.
"And that's how you die properly, sailor boy."
(The Witch)
skilled troll is skilled. i knew when he compared it to borderlands visually.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info