How Warbands Works

All report -> Act 4 merc diff - Piety the abomination NERFED BEAM OPPPPPPPPPPP 1HIT KILL. NEED NERFED LOW DAMAGE OR SLOW BEAM!
Last edited by KGabQr on Jul 20, 2015, 2:42:34 AM
Warbands still have too much HP tho - just like Rogue exiles used to be. Hope Warbands get this kind of treatment, too.

Spoiler
"
KGabQr wrote:
All report -> Act 4 merc diff - Piety the abomination NERFED BEAM OPPPPPPPPPPP 1HIT KILL. NEED NERFED LOW DAMAGE OR SLOW BEAM!

What
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Jul 20, 2015, 2:43:08 AM
"
Chris wrote:

When you enter an area with a Warband in it, there's a chance at spawning the strongest type of Warband possible. There's a larger chance of spawing the next one down, and so on. That's why some areas with four dots don't have Leaders, and why strong areas often have many Warbands in them.

First bold - So there's a small chance that in level 1 warband incursion, leader might spawn?

Second bold - If i am doing level 69 map, and its level 4, does that mean that in lvl 68 counterpart, leader can spawn?

Edit: Some examples with numbers would be great!

"
Chris wrote:

Some Warband leaders are beginning to show dissatisfaction with their factions. Soon they may take matters into their own hands.

Yay! More Warband leader encounters!
Last edited by WiseGuard on Jul 20, 2015, 2:46:52 AM

Got this from a Warband recently. The only interesting item till now.
Normally i got only junk.
The quantities are normally lower then a ordinary Rogue exile.

Aditionally the whole Warband mechanic/feeling themself is almost the same like standard league.
I hardly encounter any Warbands.
And in the rare case i found one pack they get accidently ignored for the most part because they'r not very distinctive from normal mobs(except maybe the Mirror Shot one).
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Jul 20, 2015, 2:54:10 AM
"
Ishamz wrote:
So what is it based on now then? Not merciless but... normal/cruel/merciless? or what?

im still confused..

Maps are now based on their own set of information completely separate from Normal/Cruel/Merciless. It's a fourth set of information there that isn't as easy to look into because there isn't a world map for maps.
I am a shadow. I was born the youngest daughter of a respected family, raised to fight, weep and bleed for God and the Order. I would have died to keep my mouth shut. Professional integrity, it's called. That lord sang a different tune once I had taken their children.
Some Warband leaders are beginning to show dissatisfaction with their factions. Soon they may take matters into their own hands.....
Hm I don't know. Why does it have to be that complicated? Does it make any difference for the player that warbands behavior/appearance follows certain rules instead of being just random?
Perception is reality.
"
WiseGuard wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

When you enter an area with a Warband in it, there's a chance at spawning the strongest type of Warband possible. There's a larger chance of spawing the next one down, and so on. That's why some areas with four dots don't have Leaders, and why strong areas often have many Warbands in them.

First bold - So there's a small chance that in level 1 warband incursion, leader might spawn?

Second bold - If i am doing level 69 map, and its level 4, does that mean that in lvl 68 counterpart, leader can spawn?

In my opinion, it simply means that if you enter a X-dots zone you have a chance to spawn the highest Warbands possible for an X dots zone, and a larger chance to spawn lesser Warbands.
"
Some Warband leaders are beginning to show dissatisfaction with their factions. Soon they may take matters into their own hands.

WELP.

Guess I get to see what this is tomorrow.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Someone on reddit datamined the map layout.

Spoiler

http://omegak2.net/poe/warbands_map_graph.cv.pdf
The layout seems to follow the 3:1 vendor recipe.

I really hope this fix will increase the spawn rate in maps drastically.
Before, I could map all day wondering if I'm logged into standard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info