[2.2][Atzri viable!] Scion Ball lightning Tanky 4 Curses. Beginner Friendly!

Hey, I'm running this build on Warbands and I must say, it is a lot of fun!

Just a couple of questions thought as I think you may have missed some points.

1. How much HP do you have? Do you think you could use more?

2. How does it handle the high level maps? 78-82 in specific.

3. Ever thought of using Doedre's Scorn? The helm that gives increased damage per curse on a mob?

4. It's quite hard to cap resists for me. Did you mainly get those in jewels?
IGN - Zginc
"
Zginc wrote:
Hey, I'm running this build on Warbands and I must say, it is a lot of fun!

Just a couple of questions thought as I think you may have missed some points.

1. How much HP do you have? Do you think you could use more?

2. How does it handle the high level maps? 78-82 in specific.

3. Ever thought of using Doedre's Scorn? The helm that gives increased damage per curse on a mob?

4. It's quite hard to cap resists for me. Did you mainly get those in jewels?

Hey glad to hear you are enjoying this build! As far as your questions goes:

1+2: With the damage version, I have/had around 3.5k health and around 400 mana for Mind over Matter. With Enfeeble + Warlord's Mark, this was enough for lvl 78 maps. I have not tried anything higher since I don't have any higher ones atm but I've rarely died with regular mapping (avoiding hard bosses). Enfeeble+Warlord's Mark+ Immortal Cry/Cast when damge taken was enough for almost everything. As long as you don't run into maps headfirst, I think it's enough. If you want even more added survivality for higher maps, you could swap Elemental Weakness for Temporal Chains. That should almost guarantee not dying at all unless mobs are curse immune.

3: I actually have been trying to get my hands on one. Once I get one and test it out, I'll update the guide and let you know! Thank you for the suggestion!

4: With the Geofri's/Rare gloves/amulet/boots, my resists are capped. Fire and Lightning are over cap by about 50-100%, while cold is only 40%. Two suggestions to help with resists:

A- Swap a Doedre's Damning ring for a rare two-stone with resists and use Windscreams instead. Windscreams will net you 5-10% more all resist then a Doedre's and the rest will be taken care of by the two-stone ring.

B- Use a Purity aura instead of Heralds. You can get more dps out of a good spell damage jewel then you can get out of Heralds since Ball Lightning has low damage effectiveness.

Edit 1: Looking at your gear, some of your gear can be upgraded (Helm, amulet for a start) so I think eventually you'll be fine as far as resists goes.
Last edited by Fantasykill4 on Jul 25, 2015, 1:37:46 AM
Hi there, what skills should i level with early game, say pre 50? Is there a leveling path you can suggest for this build? Thanks!
"
Non_Drifter wrote:
Hi there, what skills should i level with early game, say pre 50? Is there a leveling path you can suggest for this build? Thanks!

Since we don't specialize in damage early on, any skill is good. Personally, I really enjoyed leveling with magama orb as it was decent for both pack clear and single target. I'll try and get a leveling tree up real quick!
Leveling tree posted. It focuses on more life, but you could focus on damage instead of takign so much hp nodes.
"
Fantasykill4 wrote:
Leveling tree posted. It focuses on more life, but you could focus on damage instead of takign so much hp nodes.

thanks heaps! gonna build this character next.
Doing great in Tempest so far, really enjoying the change of pace, switched to lightning at 35 with light pen and add light and its been excellent. The spell echo leveling wand unique really works well with this build.
Added a post for hardcore. It is viable, but it does require a bit of movement and usage of decoy totem. Otherwise, it was working just fine.
Playing your build on Tempest, 31 lvl so far so good. Can you recommend any uniques or other kind of stuff I could buy cheap (1-2C) to improve significantly at this levels or maybe later (4x, 5x levels)? What skill gems do you recommend to use at this levels with the Magma orb to get best dps (So many skill gems in this game, Im kinda lost. Currently using magma orb added fire dmg + add lightning dmg and looking to upgrade to 4-5 sockets for my main skill)
"
oldhasu wrote:
Playing your build on Tempest, 31 lvl so far so good. Can you recommend any uniques or other kind of stuff I could buy cheap (1-2C) to improve significantly at this levels or maybe later (4x, 5x levels)? What skill gems do you recommend to use at this levels with the Magma orb to get best dps (So many skill gems in this game, Im kinda lost. Currently using magma orb added fire dmg + add lightning dmg and looking to upgrade to 4-5 sockets for my main skill)

Glad to hear it's going great for you! So you have several options. While leveling and until you get a good cast speed/spell damage wand/sceptre, lifesprig is pretty neat. It's around 2c I think and should help a lot. Once you get to level 53, buying a geofri's crest for 2-4c is great and good enough to get you to mapping.

As far as gems goes, added fire does nothing for you since it's converts physical to fire and most of your physical damage is very low. You have several options, added lightning+ added cold damage is great for a while. If you use flammability or elemental weakness curse, it's only great for bosses. Once you get your Geofri's crest, Magma orb+ spell echo+ fire pen+ faster casting.

Also, while leveling and until you get a lifesprig, getting a +1 fire wand is very useful. You can do this by trading a magic wand/sceptre+ ruby ring+ 1 alteration to the vendor. It helps a lot while leveling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info