[2.0] Hybrid SRS - The Not-So Glass Cannon. 5k+ Life AND 5k+ ES

"
zenixmoo wrote:
How does generosity work with hatred i've linked mine but can't see to see the aura and cant cast it as it takes up my mana - how does it work

You don't see it in the upper left because the buff isn't on you, it's on your minions.

Generosity makes whatever aura more powerful and only effect others around you, but not you.
"
How does generosity work with hatred i've linked mine but can't see to see the aura and cant cast it as it takes up my mana - how does it work

Say you have the Hatred aura up, your mana is reserved.

You and friend, both have 100 damage per second.

With hatred up, you both have 126 damage per second now (level 1, is 26% added cold damage)

Okay.

Now with generosity linked to Hatred, your aura doesn't affect you- however your mana is still reserved

BUT

Your friend gets an increased effect.

So with a hatred+generosity combo

You do 100 damage per second (unaffected by aura) , and your friend deals 131.2 damage per second (level 1 generosity and level 1 hatred) because he's affected by the aura.

Keep in mind you're the one reserving your mana for the aura, but you don't get the effect. It's a downside, but your friend gets an upsidde (the increased effect)

The reason we use generosity in our summon raging spirits build is because our spirits are all our friends, and we don't attack, so our damage per second doesn't matter.

Reminder, the 100 damage per second is just an example and those are level 1 gems that aren't affected by our skill tree.

In reality it'd be something much more.
I am a Mirror, I do not exist.
Last edited by SwordDivine on Jul 19, 2015, 8:07:37 PM
Hey there, im currently playing this build, lvl 50 on Tempest, and it is going well so far.

What i am wondering about is, whether your need that amount of mana reg nodes + the one on your gear, if you are running clarity anyway.

It seems way too much as far is i can evaluate it at the moment.
Yeah it's a bit much, I planned to use MoM actually but never took it.

It's better to have a lot later because of mods that reduced your mana regen (they are a LOT MORE POPULAR in 2.0) instead of -50% , it can be -20% so its good to have overhead.

also, you need more mana regen for vaal haste cast times.

But you definitely want an excessive amount, it makes it easier for you to balance your build later, like, you're allowed to skimp on mana regen on rings so you can get high life+res+dex rings with cast speed with the mana regen, meaning the gear is a lot cheaper. It's better for you early, and sets you up lategame.
What jews u have to get 16% mana reduced ?
What do you think about this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABA-4EBwSzCGcI9BZvFvMXLxg8GFYc3B0UHaodviL0JLAmPCj6KlMsnC9vL50y0TOHNZI6WDrhPydBh0VHRZ1GcUrITLNNuU3jU1JVxlXWWW1akV8qX5hk52pDaqxr22wLbRluqnC7dFV9GH_GgKSCx4MJg9uFYI8aj0aTJ5M6mK2a4JuhoS-iAKZXpwiofarErJiycLQMtfK3PriTvOq9J76KwFTAZsHFytPMvM8y0B_T-9i92RPhiONq6-7sGOyK8kX31_no-tL-Cv5J_o9vnspKX7CbtcM6GYr7CfbaGo-Exe_r
Most of my jewels are something along the lines of

-4% Reduced Mana cost of Skills
15% Increased Minion Damage

"
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABA-4EBwSzCGcI9BZvFvMXLxg8GFYc3B0UHaodviL0JLAmPCj6KlMsnC9vL50y0TOHNZI6WDrhPydBh0VHRZ1GcUrITLNNuU3jU1JVxlXWWW1akV8qX5hk52pDaqxr22wLbRluqnC7dFV9GH_GgKSCx4MJg9uFYI8aj0aTJ5M6mK2a4JuhoS-iAKZXpwiofarErJiycLQMtfK3PriTvOq9J76KwFTAZsHFytPMvM8y0B_T-9i92RPhiONq6-7sGOyK8kX31_no-tL-Cv5J_o9vnspKX7CbtcM6GYr7CfbaGo-Exe_r

no reason to spend 10 points for nothing - the most you're gonna get out of 10 points is 1 jewel and the ability to reserver AA (which is shit) - you could spend more points on life.
Last edited by SwordDivine on Jul 21, 2015, 2:43:23 PM
REVAMPED THE THREAD
Downvoted
Thanks for the additions to the original post. Much easier to understand and follow your thoughts on the build structure. I'm planning an SRS character and I'm torn between your build and another I've found. Do you by chance have any videos of gameplay? You've mentioned how fast your character is several times (from phase run, quicksilver, vaal haste, tree nodes, etc) as well as your cast speed. Clear speed in maps is (obviously) very important to me and I was wondering if I could see your character in action. Thanks again for a great build guide and for your time in answering questions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info