[2.2] [Updated, Uber down again] Heavy Armour Mjolner v2.0 (Build + Uber Guide)

Uber down again boys, Scion guide here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1612266

Witch/Templar/Mara are fine if you have +1% maximum resist corrupt somewhere, otherwise Scion is a must for aura nodes.

Spoiler

Me, tanking the infamous Malachai smash in merciless and surviving.Done with 99% fire resist, fortify and 55k armour. Old Build

Update 20.7.15: Just did an uber to test how well the new setup works. I always had my resist and armour flasks up when I needed it, it's awesome and I can be more liberal about my flask usage.

I ALMOST PULLED OFF A DEATHLESS UBER, then I got clipped by a vaal flameblast after 3rd split.. GG

Update 27.7.15: 30% MJOLNER CONFIRMED UBER VIABLE.

Well, I didn't do an uber run with a non-leg mjolner, but I accidentally proved that it's possible to make it through uber deathless while generating 33% less flask charges than we usually do.

Full Story and Analysis (Math)

Earlier today I got a hope drop, and I was going to do a casual uber run before I sleep. Few waves of trash in I realized I was actually wearing my newly acquired Headhunter instead of my usual magnate, but since I was already inside I wanted to ride it out and see how far I could make it.

The vaal fights went fine as usual, and the trio actually went a lot smoother than I expected. I ran out of flask charges twice when only the dual striker was alive, but all I had to do was kite him for a bit and lightning strike the trash a few times to get more charges.

The uber fight got pretty close a couple of times due to not having granite flask up 100% of the time, and I did get lucky with her spell rotations. I had to be smarter about my flask usage and especially tried have at least one use of ruby, topaz, and granite before she splits.

I died after killing the 3rd split, from the lingering storm calls. I thought my topaz duration was longer, so I didn't refresh it to save flask charges. I died with full flasks....(LOL). Then I swapped my magnate in and finished her off.

Overall I thought uber was very manageable with only 66% of the flask charges I normally generate. Now we will attempt to calculate how much flask charge a non-leg mjolner actually generates compared to a legacy mjolner:

MATH

Spoiler

We first assume that flask charge gained is proportional to crit chance. Then we will use the relative crit chance between leg and non leg mjolner to find the relative flask generation.

We first assume that in one unit time, we attack 10 times with our weapon. With a legacy mjolner, you will attack 10 times, and cast discharge and arc each 5 times. With a non-legacy mjolner, you will only cast discharge and arc 3 times.

Scenario 1: Assume that each time we crit we have precisely 0 power charges:

My crit chances for attacks, arc, and discharge are 8.6%, 16.85%, and 23.94% respectively, this means the number of crits we get are

10*(0.086)+5*(0.1685)+5*(0.2359)=2.882 for legacy mjolner

and

10*(0.086)+3*(0.1685)+3*(0.2359)=2.0732 for non legacy mjolner

The relative crit chance / relative flask generation is 2.0732/2.882= 71.9%

Now we assume each time we crit, we have 5 power charges which is the other extreme scenario:

the number of crits we get in this case is

10*(0.086+2.5*0.05)+5*(0.1685+2.5*0.05)+5*(0.2359+2.5*0.07)=5.632 for leg mjol

10*(0.086+2.5*0.05)+3*(0.1685+2.5*0.05)+3*(0.2359+2.5*0.07)=4.223 for non leg mjol

The relative crit chance/flask generation is 4.223/5.632 = 75.0%

The real relative flask generation for non legacy mjolner must lie between the two extreme cases. Therefore..

Using a non-legacy mjolner, you generate between 71.9% to 75.0% of flask charges you would otherwise get with a legacy mjolner and magnate belt. You will generate enough flask charges for everything in uber, although you may have to kite the dualstriker or double vaal for a bit if/when flasks run out.

That being said, I strongly recommend investing heavily into attack speed when using non-leg mjolner. It'll be a tremendous boost to your damage, life regen capabilities, and flask generation. I now think that uber is very doable with a non-legacy mjolner - even deathless with sufficient practice.

Hello Amigos,

After dying to Uber multiple times because my resist flasks weren't up in time, I decided to revamp this build for the sole purpose of farming uber safely.

My sick haul last night.

Here's what's changed:

-lost 200 life (5150 -> 4950)
-Gained 22% more attack speed (4.33 aps -> 5.24 aps)
-Gained 20% movement speed for running away from double flameblast and kiting the trio in dicey situations
-Gained about 8% armour
-Gained 30% global crit from using a secondary diamond ring

Despite losing a decent chunk of life, these changes actually help us stay alive due to having 25% more flask charges.

We want to be able to facetank anything, forever.

Passive Tree v2.0 (Witch, Marauder, Templar, Scion)

Spoiler

Witch, Marauder, Templar Tree

https://goo.gl/aBuadT

Scion Tree

https://goo.gl/IXd2m0

We have a new scion tree! This tree was done by Xionista aka friend who actually came up with a better scion tree than me and my 200 regret orbs, without trying.

Bandit Choices

Spoiler

Normal = 40 life (Oak)

Cruel = 8% Attack Speed (Kraityn)

Merciless = 1 Power Charge (Alira)

You can also get endurance charge for merciless reward if you're tweaking the tree or is a scion. In the end you want around 5 power charges and 7 endurance charges.

In short, this build achieves a very high armour and physical mitigation through Iron Reflexes, Grace, and surgeon's jade and granite flasks. We prioritize attack speed and spell crit chance over spell damage to make sure all of our flasks can be sustained indefinitely.

With this setup, you can easily facetank endgame contents including powerful crit rare/magic mobs in level 81, 82 maps, Daresso in level 82 Colosseum with damage mods, Uber Atziri and her trio, indefinitely.

My Gears v2.0

Spoiler

For a more detailed explanation of my gear, see the archived v1.0 build below. I swapped Alpha's Howl for Devoto's Devotion for dex, movement speed, and attack speed.

Gem Setup

Spoiler

Mjolner R-B-B / Iron Will - Discharge - Arc

Chest (Kingsuard) R-R-R-G-G-(R/G) / Molten Strike - Multistrike - Fortify - Faster Attack - GMP - Lightning Strike or LMP

4-Link #1 R-G-B-B / Purity of Fire - Grace - Purity of Lightning - Enlighten

4-Link #2 R-R-R-B / CWDT - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Righteous Fire

4-Link #3 R-B-B-B / Blood Magic - Faster Casting - Flame Dash - Elemental Weakness

Shield R-G / CWDT (high level) - Blood Rage (high level)

I put blood rage in the shield with CWDT because I want blood rage to be up when I'm fighting uber, and I want to be able to turn it off with weapon swap.

The last link in shield can be anything: Vengeance, Vaal Molten Shell, Molten Shell (linked to CWDT). I personally use Portal.

Flask Setup

Spoiler

For mapping

You can find my uber flask setups in my uber guide below.

Jewels

Spoiler

In this version of the build, we need 2 viridian jewels with 2 mana gained on hit to sustain molten strike and lightning strike.

If you have more jewel slots, prioritize attack speed and crit chance, since we don't really need more armour or hp and our survivability in endgame contents are solely dependent on flask use.

Stats & Screenshots

Spoiler

Offense

Arc unbuffed

Molten strike buffed with bloodrage

Defense

Unbuffed armour with only grace

Mapping armour with granite flask and topaz flask of reflexes (on top of grace)

armour buffed with granite and jade flask (on top of grace)

armour buffed with granite and jade flask, using determination and grace (Uber trash setup)

Facetanking 82 Daresso with monster damage

Deathless twinned Excavation bosses, Vulnerability + Ele Weakness + Curse Immune

My first uber kill in 2.0 on my old build

Died 4 times in total, once to crit trash with vaal totem due to lag, twice to flameblast due to lag, last time to flameblast because I thought I could kill her.

Deathless at trio. I actually started pulling away before the cycloner died since my laptop lags a lot and if I kill the cycloner on the spot I'll probably end up damaging the dual striker, and it'll make killing the tentacle miscreation before dual striker first much harder. Facetanked dual striker and miscreation, then enraged dual straiker. EZ

Let the brainless farming begin.. For those of you with better PC

2.0 Uber Atziri Guide (Unchanged)

Spoiler

Uber is much harder in 2.0, but I'm both happy and sad to tell you that this build had trivialized the necessary player skills to beat uber, and turned it back into facetanking and flask spamming. :) :(

Trash Flask Setup

Activate both jade and granite before every pack, you should never die to trash here due to having an extremely high amount of physical mitigation. Normal blue trash hit me for 500-800,a power crit rare can only crit me for ~3000 hp.

Save a magic/ranged pack before you go into double vaal, swap into the following flask setup and recharge flask on saved pack.

Vaal Flask Setup

The double vaal fight is no different from pre 2.0, you activate RF, atziri flask and go ham. Pop Topaz for lazer and ball lightning. I usually stand a bit away when the vaals re-emerge from the ground and move in only after they use a skill so I don't die to ice storm + smash combo.

After killing vaal, swap to trash flasks and continue clearing. Before trio swap to:

Trio Flask Setup

IMO the trio is now the hardest fight of the entire map since you can no longer self cast ~18 second IC. Here's the uber tactic:

Go around the room hugging wall from the right side as you enter, until you are at the top right corner of the room and you can see the cycloner. Pop RF, granite and jade flask and kill the cycloner where he stands. This is to prevent him from cycloning.

After the cycloner dies, kite the dual striker for a bit until the miscreation moves away from the degen ground cycloner left. Curse ONLY the miscreation and move in for the kill. Keep up your jade and granite flask and you should be able to facetank both remaining bosses with no problem. It is important to kill the miscreation 2nd since it's very hard to recover from death if you leave her for last.

"
skieZ wrote:
"
Glaciez wrote:
How are you able to face tank the dual striker? When he's flamed on I just get like 2-3 shot instantly do I need to use life leech in my mjolner or something?

"The buff increases fire damage and reflects % damage dealt to him back to the player as a fire elemental damage. As a final boss, enrage significantly boosts fire damage and reflects a very high amount of damage as fire. The reflect increases in magnitude as it is closer to death."

People should know the mechanics before they approach a fight.
Ergo you need to pop a rubyflask if he goes enrage.

YOU NEED TO TANK THE DUAL STRIKER WITH RUBY FLASK.

After the miscreation dies, move away from the degen ground and facetank the dual striker with ruby, jade, and granite flasks and you'll never drop below 75% hp. Easy.

If s*** hits the fan and the dual striker dies first and you die from enraged miscreation. Come back with the following setup to kill the miscreation.

"I f*cked up the trio fight" Re-entrance Flask Setup

Continue to clear until uber, then swap in our uber flask setup.

Atziri Flask Setup

The tactic here is simple and very similar to 1.3 uber fight, except now you must sustain your granite flask since her spears can and will one shot you. I've died her critting me with a single spear, and her spear spray which might have shotgunned for some reason. Pop ruby when she flameblasts, topaz when she storm calls, and run away for vaal flameblasts.

In split phase, pick one split and keep up all 3 flasks. You can use a life flask here to sustain your RF in between phases, or use an atziri flask for more damage.

Uber is easy again.

Armour is love, armour is meta.

-----------------------------------------------------

My Thoughts on LCoil vs Kingsguard

Spoiler

I've tried lightning coil in the very beginning. On paper it's really good against physical damage - when skieZ and I started talking about our builds we even jokingly came up with a coil, acuity, taste of hate, legacy aegis, block mjolner build..

But here's the problem: For coil based builds it's very hard to balance defense and offense on your passive tree. This was not a problem in 1.3 since you could go all in on the spell dmg nodes and do just fine with 4k hp,a lightning coil, and literally no other defenses, but that's not the case anymore. In 2.0, you need witch flask nodes, you need life, and you need Iron Reflexes - since you can't get to 50k+ armour without IR (I tried), let alone 95k armour which I run against uber trash, you simply don't have more passive points to spec into damage. Since you're going to lose 120% spell damage from Iron Will on top of that, this means you either

1) end up with an ultra tanky build with very little spell damage scaling, which in return hurts your leech and your facetanking abilities, esp with acuities since you only insta leech on crit. You can't even facetank a rare with ele resist and damage mods in a 82 map with that setup, let alone uber.

Besides, you really don't need that much physical mitigation unless you're planning on facetanking village ruin bosses with damage mods (GGG pls fix)

or

2) end up getting ~170% spell damage in tree so you have around the same damage output as a kingsguard build, but what are you not taking instead? Armour nodes? Life nodes? IR? Witch flask nodes? And you'll still run into leech problems against certain setups.

Also, you'll run into gearing problems with coil + acuities since you have to make up for the -60% light res on coil without getting any help from the glove slot, and there are simply not enough suffixes to go around. You'll probably end up taking more stat points in tree, using conversion jewels, dropping magnate, etc.. Which doesn't seem like the most effective solution to

The point of using kingsguard is not to achieve the most physical mitigation possible, but to free up the rest of your build so you can do whatever the hell you want it, since you'll always insta leech to full and do enough damage with Iron Will. I just chose to build a lot of armour and hp and it just happened to work.

That's my $0.02 on kingsguard vs coil + acuity.

TLDR: Kingsguard gives you offensive (Iron Will) and defense (Instant "Leech"), and frees up your passive tree & gears for you to build whatever you want, it's a more efficient and effective solution than coil + acuity.

Math of Iron Will vs Lightning Pen

Spoiler

I only did some rough mental math on this before, but we can lay it out in simple math: IW bumps my spell damage up by about 58%, but I'm gonna say it's 50% because I want to ignore the 10% lightning damage from lightning pen quality for comparison sake.

lightning pen would give a 35% boost to lightning damage against non-resist mobs, and 140% boost to lightning damage against a resist capped player (75% all res).

Assume I do equal parts fire and lightning damage. Let's say I do 1 fire damage and 1 lightning damage per arbitrary unit time

Against non resist mobs

with IW, we do 1.5(1+1)=3 damage

with lightning pen, we do 1*1.35+1=2.35 damage

Against 75% resist mobs

with IW, we do 3(1-0.75)=0.75 damage

with lightning pen, we do 1(1-0.75)+1(1-0.75+0.35)=0.85 damage

but this is not it, consider the effect of 20/20 elemental weakness on a map boss. 44% penetration at 40% effectiveness is 17.6%

Against 75% resist, cursed map boss

IW: 3(1-0.75+0.176)=1.278 damage

lightning pen: 1(1-0.75+0.176)+1(1-0.75+0.176+0.35)=1.202 damage.

So, IW is better in every scenario as long as you don't forget to curse.

This was what I kind of guessed in the beginning: We lack spell damage scaling from tree & gears, and we already have ele weakness as a method of resist penetration. Therefore it's better to get a lot of base spell damage from Iron Will so that it can be amplified via ele weakness, rather than trying to further amplify a smaller base damage with lightning pen.

Mathematically, it's like if you set the sum of two numbers to be a constant, the product of these two numbers are maximized when they are the closest in magnitude. It's better to have a balance of base spell damage and amplification (resist pen), than a poor base damage and a lot of amplification.

-----------------------------------------------------

Archived v1.0 build

Hello friends,

I want to share with you my original 2.0 crit life mjolner build that is capable of doing uber Atziri and most endgame (81-82) maps without substantial risk or dependence on RNG. This is NOT a beginner-friendly build nor is it cheap.

Pros of this build
-Extremely tanky for all types of damage (including chaos if you itemize for it)
-Good clearing speed
-Able to reliably farm Uber Atziri
-Decent damage

Cons of this build
-Expensive
-Lacks damage compared to a damage oriented Mjolner build, or a CoC discharge build
-Ugly, you need skin transfers or cosmetics

In summary, this build achieves extremely high armour through Iron Reflex, 100% uptime Surgeon Flasks, which allows us to facetank most of the physical damage mobs and bosses in the game including Uber Atziri trash mobs, Uber Trio, and Uber herself

This build is not just capable of uber. It's a foolproof way of doing uber with no dependence on RnG or MLG level player skill by simply facetanking everything.

Backstory & Rant

Like a lot of you back in 1.3, I ran a life crit mjolner build with legacy lightning coil, 4.5k hp and 1k armour, which was fine for 99% of the content at the time including Uber Atziri. I was tanky, and I could survive palace dom smash, rhoa charges, and facetank uber atziri all day.

But things have changed with 2.0. I farmed some sac sets after 2.0 came out and a hope dropped for me, so I decided to check out the new uber.

I got destroyed.

I died to trash on my way to double vaal. The vaals went fine. Then I died one more to a rare mob on my way to trio, which was where I spend the rest of my portals. Between IC nerf, multistrike nerf, monster damage and life buff I could no longer facetank the enraged Tentacle Miscreation Boss (T*tty B*tch), and game was hard.

Then I remember reading in the patch note that armour was made more effective physical damage. At first I was skeptical, but after some testing in a normal Apex I was sold. I rotated a few of my characters into the map to take hits from a blue mob with no damage mods.

On my 600 armour MF shadow, I was hit for between 1700-2200 hp.

On my then 7k armour templar, I was hit for between 900 to 1200.

On the same templar, with armour buffed to 12k via pots and auras, the hit amounts went down to 500-700.

That's when I knew I needed to get more armour, much more.

Here's the tree I'm using. Please feel free to give me feedback, I'm always looking to improve my build.

This build can work for Witch, Marauder, and Templar which I personally run, but functions best as witch.

Bandit Choices

Normal = 40 life (Oak)

Cruel = 8% Attack Speed (Kraityn) or 1 passive point (Kill All)

Merciless = 1 Power Charge (Alira)

You can also get endurance charge for merciless reward. In the end you want to strive for a good balance between endurance and power charges.

The main idea of the build is to get Unwavering Stance to prevent stunlocks, Iron Reflex to give MASSIVE armour coupled with level 23 or 24 Grace, witch flask nodes to get near 100% fire and lightning resist. Then, we get as much armour and hp as we can efficiently, all while still being able to satisfy the stat requirements for mjolner.

This build lacks damage in tree but is made up with Iron Will in mjolner.

This build also makes use of the new unique

This chest eliminates the need for leech since you'll be discharging enough endurance charges to instantly regain lost hit points. Personally, I couldn't tell the difference between using this armour and using vaal pact in 1.3, with the exception that I can now gain hp during Atziri's add phase by whacking her.

This build runs molten strike and lightning strike on mana, which is supported by mana regen, mana gained on hit jewels, and/or revelry.

gear

These are the mandatory gears for this build

Good amount of armour, HP and mana. Eliminates the need for leech.

Endurance Charge generation. Decent amulet on its own.

Power charge generation.

Mjolner.

These are the recommended gears for this build

Excellent evasion which turns into a lot of armour. Alpha's is pretty much mandatory to reduce mana reservation, and to push level 21 purities to level 23 for +5% max resists.

A strong contender for the helmet slot is devoto's devotion, you gain a lot of movement speed and attack speed at the cost of 2 aura levels. You will probably need level 4 enlighten to drop Alpha's.

BiS shield in my opinion, it gives spell damage, resists and most importantly, +5% to max resists.

You can also use:

Aegis gives you a whole new level of tankiness in maps coupled with some block jewels, legacy rumi's and even some block nodes, and all you'll need is a non-legacy Aegis due to having a massive amount of armour and a small ES pool. Personally I don't use aegis because it messes up my flask setup, and I lose 5 max fire and lightning resists.

First and foremost this belt gives 50% more flask charges gained, which imo is essential to sustain all the goodies this build has to offer. Besides, this belt also has a good amount strength and is commonly corrupted for +1 endurance charges.

Rare boots gloves and 2nd ring. Stats, resists, and lots of life.

Gem Setups

Chest

You'll want fortify in your 5L. Your 6L should be either LMP or lightning strike based on preference. There's no bloodmagic because we sustain our main attack skill with mana.

Mjolner

Since we no longer need life leech, we swap in iron will for spell damage scaling which we desperately lack.

Shield

Helmet

Boots

I like flame dash a lot as a teleport skill. However it should not be used to dodge uber double flameblast.

Gloves

RF and whatever else you want.

Flasks

First of all, all magic flasks should be rolled with the prefix Surgeon's, this is how we keep up flasks in boss fights.

For mapping and most contents in the game including normal Atziri, my flask setup is:

Ruby & Topaz: I roll "of Warding" on both flasks so I can constantly curse Uber Atziri when I'm fighting her. I'm also planning on rolling "of Reflexes" on the topaz so I can get around 42k armour when I pop the topaz and the granite together.

Quicksilver: As much movement speed as you can get on this one.

Jade & Granite: "of Reflexes" and "of Iron Skin" respectively. However, if you take the max block Aegis Aurora route and use Rumi's flask in your regular setup, you can try to roll a Jade flask of Iron Skin to complement it.

Atziri Flask: This flask gives you a lot of damage against resist mobs, I personally only use it for double vaal fight and Uber Atziri.

Rumi's Flask: I use this flask only when I've messed up the trio fight and need to facetank the enraged miscreation boss. You can also use this flask with Aegis Aurora and it's an insanely strong combination.

You can find my uber flask setups in my uber guide below.

Stats

Offensive

Unbuffed arc

Unbuffed molten strike

---------------------------------------------

Defensive

With only auras (Purities, level 19 Grace)

With auras (Purities, level 19 Grace), jade, and granite flasks. This is what I normally run.

With Determination (level 19), Grace (level 19), and flasks. For shizzles and giggles.

2.0 Uber Atziri Guide

Uber is much harder in 2.0, but I'm both happy and sad to tell you that this build had trivialized the necessary player skills to beat uber, and turned it back into facetanking and flask spamming.

Trash Flask Setup

Activate both jade and granite before every pack, you should never die to trash here due to having an extremely high amount of physical mitigation. Normal blue trash hit me for 500-800, while a power crit rare could only crit me for ~3000 hp.

Save a magic/ranged pack before you go into double vaal, swap into the following flask setup and recharge flask on saved pack.

Vaal Flask Setup

The double vaal fight is no different from pre 2.0, you activate RF, atziri flask and go ham. Pop Topaz for lazer and ball lightning. I usually stand a bit away when the vaals re-emerge from the ground and move in only after they use a skill so I don't die to ice storm + smash combo.

After killing vaal, swap to trash flasks and continue clearing. Before trio swap to:

Trio Flask Setup

IMO the trio is now the hardest fight of the entire map since you can no longer self cast ~18 second IC. Here's the uber tactic:

Go around the room hugging wall from the right side as you enter, until you are at the top right corner of the room and you can see the cycloner. Pop RF, granite and jade flask and kill the cycloner where he stands. This is to prevent him from cycloning.

After the cycloner dies, kite the dual striker for a bit until the miscreation moves away from the degen ground cycloner left. Curse ONLY the miscreation and move in for the kill. Keep up your jade and granite flask and you should be able to facetank both remaining bosses with no problem. It is important to kill the miscreation 2nd since it's very hard to recover from death if you leave her for last.

After the miscreation dies, move away from the degen ground and facetank the dual striker with ruby, jade, and granite flasks and you'll never drop below 75% hp. Easy.

If s*** hits the fan and the dual striker dies first and you die from enraged miscreation. Come back with the following setup to kill the miscreation.

"I f*cked up the trio fight" Re-entrance Flask Setup

Continue to clear until uber, then swap in our uber flask setup.

Atziri Flask Setup

The tactic here is simple and very similar to 1.3 uber fight, except now you must sustain your granite flask since her spears can and will one shot you. I've died her critting me with a single spear, and her spear spray which might have shotgunned for some reason. Pop ruby when she flameblasts, topaz when she storm calls, and run away for vaal flameblasts.

In split phase, pick one split and keep up all 3 flasks. You can use a life flask here to sustain your RF in between phases, or use an atziri flask for more damage.

Uber is easy again.

Dumb stuff I pulled off with 55k armour aka what I've lived through so far

Merc Malachai smash

74 Dom smash Vulnerability + Boss damage

78 Dom smash

74 Maze Vaal smash

Normal Apex double vaal smash

81 Twinner Shrine boss damage

82 Precinct (Zana) boss

99% of Uber Atziri in 2.0

The most important reason why I made this guide is to bring armour back in the community's attention. In 2.0, armour is now a much better way to mitigate physical damage.

You may not have a mjolner, you may not even have 5 exalts, but if you put some investment into armour, it will definitely pay off.

Armour is love, armour is meta.

You can reach me in game via my IGN: Dogeswow

Please contact me if you have any questions, feedback, or suggestions, especially if you have any formatting feedback or suggestions on how I can make the guide better.

:)
[2.0] Heavy Armour Mjolner, deathless uber viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1329067
Last edited by sgw9426 on Mar 10, 2016, 11:59:52 PM
Last bumped on Mar 10, 2016, 11:01:56 PM
Hey all,

Some people asked me for the loot filter I used so here it is:

I use the One Filter to rule them all created by Muldini

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1259059
Last edited by sgw9426 on Jul 17, 2015, 10:42:36 AM
Reserved #2.
What is allowing you to sustain? is it the mana gained on hit jewels?
"
mardukthewolf wrote:
What is allowing you to sustain? is it the mana gained on hit jewels?

Yes :) I have a crappy viridian jewel with +2 mana gained on hit that I'm still looking to upgrade. Taking revelry is also an option, but you need +2 mana gained on hit somewhere in the build.
nicebuild™
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
What jewels do you use (or would use if you could) and what flasks do you use?
What jewels do you think are bis for this build? are you running any unique ones and what 4 stats for rares. Also do you think intuitive leap up by the templar jewel is any good? you could grab power and endurance charge, and faith and steel pretty easily.
Do you have video of uber full run and yeah everything one shots my used to uber slayer yolowhirl now. love to see clear speed and what not cuz i have 3/4 parts already thx
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 17, 2015, 7:41:41 AM
Thanks for the interest in my work guys :) I appreciate it

"
ilstefano wrote:
What jewels do you use (or would use if you could) and what flasks do you use?

Currently I only have 2 jewel slots and I run

This build fairly jewel independent. The only jewel you really need is a well rolled viridian jewel with 2 mana gained on hit. For the rest of your jewel slots, look for rare jewels with damage, attack speed, and life. I value attack speed a lot more than damage because attack speed improves damage as well as survivability by granting more hp regen and flask charges.

I've added a flask section in the guide.

"
Glaciez wrote:
What jewels do you think are bis for this build? are you running any unique ones and what 4 stats for rares. Also do you think intuitive leap up by the templar jewel is any good? you could grab power and endurance charge, and faith and steel pretty easily.

See above! I don't use intuitive leap by the templar jewel slot because I don't take the templar power charge. You can gain one more power charge from using intuitive leap.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Do you have video of uber full run and yeah everything one shots my used to uber slayer yolowhirl now. love to see clear speed and what not cuz i have 3/4 parts already thx

Unfortunately my laptop is potato and probably can't record my runs when I'm already running with potato graphics and 20~30 fps. However my uber guide outlines the exact steps I take to get through uber runs.

I feel like the build takes at most twice as long to kill uber than my 1.3 crit mjolner build, which is also considering the monster life buff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info