[2.2] [Updated, Uber down again] Heavy Armour Mjolner v2.0 (Build + Uber Guide)

"
DO u have any problems in reflect maps ?
And are there situations u switch life leech gem in ur mjolnir ?

I do fine in reflect maps but it requires more attention than the days of LL + VP/acuity: Run into large packs and blow them up as long as you have your ruby + topaz up, otherwise spam lightning strike from a distance until you get flask charges. If you lightning strike in the middle of a large pack without flasks you'll die for sure since we don't exactly "leech" from our damage anymore.
[2.0] Heavy Armour Mjolner, deathless uber viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1329067
Have u tried it with Lightning Coil ?
Would like to know if Coil + Acuity + Life Leech is strong enough, or even stronger then Kingsguard defence / leech.
It's stronger, well if you have acuity i guess that you are in std.

Legacy coil + acuity + legacy saffel beat everything so far.
How are you able to face tank the dual striker? When he's flamed on I just get like 2-3 shot instantly do I need to use life leech in my mjolner or something?
"
Glaciez wrote:
How are you able to face tank the dual striker? When he's flamed on I just get like 2-3 shot instantly do I need to use life leech in my mjolner or something?

"The buff increases fire damage and reflects % damage dealt to him back to the player as a fire elemental damage. As a final boss, enrage significantly boosts fire damage and reflects a very high amount of damage as fire. The reflect increases in magnitude as it is closer to death."

People should know the mechanics before they approach a fight.
Ergo you need to pop a rubyflask if he goes enrage.
EXALTS>EXAMS
"
Have u tried it with Lightning Coil ?
Would like to know if Coil + Acuity + Life Leech is strong enough, or even stronger then Kingsguard defence / leech.

"
xiaoxiao921 wrote:
It's stronger, well if you have acuity i guess that you are in std.

Legacy coil + acuity + legacy saffel beat everything so far.

Wall of text inc:

I've tried lightning coil in the very beginning. On paper it's really good against physical damage - when skieZ and I started talking about our builds we even jokingly came up with a coil, acuity, taste of hate, legacy aegis, block mjolner build..

But here's the problem: For coil based builds it's very hard to balance defense and offense on your passive tree. This was not a problem in 1.3 since you could go all in on the spell dmg nodes and do just fine with 4k hp,a lightning coil, and literally no other defenses, but that's not the case anymore. In 2.0, you need witch flask nodes, you need life, and you need Iron Reflexes - since you can't get to 50k+ armour without IR (I tried), let alone 95k armour which I run against uber trash, you simply don't have more passive points to spec into damage. Since you're going to lose 120% spell damage from Iron Will on top of that, this means you either

1) end up with an ultra tanky build with very little spell damage scaling, which in return hurts your leech and your facetanking abilities, esp with acuities since you only insta leech on crit. You can't even facetank a rare with ele resist and damage mods in a 82 map with that setup, let alone uber.

Besides, you really don't need that much physical mitigation unless you're planning on facetanking village ruin bosses with damage mods (GGG pls fix)

or

2) end up getting ~170% spell damage in tree so you have around the same damage output as a kingsguard build, but what are you not taking instead? Armour nodes? Life nodes? IR? Witch flask nodes? And you'll still run into leech problems against certain setups.

Also, you'll run into gearing problems with coil + acuities since you have to make up for the -60% light res on coil without getting any help from the glove slot, and there are simply not enough suffixes to go around. You'll probably end up taking more stat points in tree, using conversion jewels, dropping magnate, etc.. Which doesn't seem like the most effective solution to

The point of using kingsguard is not to achieve the most physical mitigation possible, but to free up the rest of your build so you can do whatever the hell you want it, since you'll always insta leech to full and do enough damage with Iron Will. I just chose to build a lot of armour and hp and it just happened to work.

That's my $0.02 on kingsguard vs coil + acuity.

TLDR: Kingsguard gives you offensive (Iron Will) and defense (Instant "Leech"), and frees up your passive tree & gears for you to build whatever you want, it's a more efficient and effective solution than coil + acuity.
"
skieZ wrote:
"
Glaciez wrote:

"The buff increases fire damage and reflects % damage dealt to him back to the player as a fire elemental damage. As a final boss, enrage significantly boosts fire damage and reflects a very high amount of damage as fire. The reflect increases in magnitude as it is closer to death."

I just thought it was some sort of lightning thorn, but fire LOL. I'll quote this in my main guide :)
"
skieZ wrote:
"
Glaciez wrote:

I figured out the problem it was because I was dual wielding. Without saffels equipped I didn't heal at all pretty much which resulted in dying to like 2-3 hits. With saffels on my life doesn't move.
I just chanced a Mjolner in warbands and want to try this build out, I am curious though on what bandit rewards you take?
Also do you have the damage calculations on iron will vs lightning pen? Current running 8 endurance 5 power charges and 414 str if that helps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info