[2.6] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Rigwald/Avatar/Izaro/Guardians

KXjgvJw

I tested leveling with this build in BETA and it felt really good, especially against new bosses. I also made small adjustments for upcoming changes - tree, gear, leveling - overall big upgrade. Also I have already prepared guide for version 3.0 and will update it one or two weeks before final release.

"There is a legend about battle of Wasteland where two armies collided on battlefield. During the long fight, the man dressed in the black emerged from the shadows. He moved between enemies while wielding burning knife and shield - agile and quick on the battlefield, the warrior was paring an enemy attacks and a lead-out instant and accurate assault. The fire that changed face of the battle and forced people to run away."

I. Introduction
. . . . . a) Description
. . . . . b) Pros and Cons
. . . . . c) Stats

II. Build
. . . . . d) Essential Items
. . . . . e) Main Skill
. . . . . f) Additional Skills
. . . . . g) Aura and Buffs
. . . . . h) Passive Tree
. . . . . i) Bandits

III. Customization
. . . . . j) Item Suggestions
. . . . . k) Jewels
. . . . . l) Flasks

IV. Endgame
. . . . . m) Maps
. . . . . n) Beyond
. . . . . o) Atziri
. . . . . p) Izaro
. . . . . r) Shaper
. . . . . s) Reflect

V. Gameplay
. . . . . t) Summary
. . . . . u) Video

VI. Qusetions & Answers
. . . . . v) Q&A
. . . . . w) Bonus

g5iChOH

IfZjuIN

This character is master in wielding dagger and shield - this provides the best balance between attack and defense. Build focus on reducing physical damage taken as much as it is possible with still keeping good clearing.

Defense mechanics used in this build we can count:
- LIFE POOL - 253% increased maximum life and 253 extra life from passive tree, jewels and bandit reward which can bring my character with current items to almost 8k life at 95lvl,
- ARMOUR - combination of gear focused on armour and usage of boosting components like Molten Shell or granite flask can provide around 50k armour,
- MIGITATION - 6 enduring charges, Fortify effect, Arctic Armour and Juggernaut's Unrelenting brings huge survivability against physical and elemental damage,
- BLOCK - 26% chance to block attacks which mean 1 on 4 attacks blocked,
- RESIST - you can easily over cap your elemental resist thanks to extra help from tree and endurance charges and also cap chaos res (or invest into strength for more life).

For offence we take full advantage of synergy between two unique items Bino's Kitchen Knife and Abyssus Ezomyte Burgonet. This stuff allows us to easy stack critical strike chance and critical strike multiplier - that mean we don't need to invest too much into offence on gear to gain high DPS.

As a main skill you can use Double Strike, Blade Flurry, Reave, Frost Blades (full list in skills section). Also dagger and shield open way to use Whirling Blades or Shield Charge which provide big mobility to our character - faster moving on battlefield, dodging skills and reposition.

rNEse78

Pros:
+ immune to nerfs (AoE change?!),
+ medium clear speed,
+ nice single target damage,
+ cheap gearing (under 1ex)
+ you don't need any legacy items,
+ can deal with both reflect,
+ over capped elemental resistances for Elemental Weakness maps,
+ capped chaos resistance for new chaos Exile,
+ huge life pool,
+ can handle all map mods (some are just irritating),
+ work well with many ascendancy classes,
+ easy to learn,
+ no lags or huge fps drops,
+ doing well in parties,
+ hardcore viable,
+ boss farm (Atziri / Rigwald / Avatar of Thunder / Izaro / Guardians),
+ allows to adjust build to your style (ending build / flasks / changing skills / changing Ascendancy).

Cons:
- bad positioning can be sometimes fatal,
- melee range,
- doing Shaper or Uber Atziri require skill and time.

Z9MD4v2

vZbllf4
o63bGJs

On the left side of each picture you can see stat without any buffs. Right side presents character with active 6 endurance and 3 frenzy charges, Atziri's Promise, Taste of Hate, Vaal Haste, Ancestral Protector, Ice Golem, Molten Shield, Hatred, Arctic Armour and Herald of Ash. I want to mention that video was done with half of that damage.

E59yrQ9

Hu886XI

To maximize utility and power of this build we need two essential items:

- Bino's Kitchen Knife, Slaughter Knife

Bino's Kitchen Knife has the highest critical strike chance of all daggers and bring to game interesting mechanics. Killing poisoned enemy provides additional life regeneration. Combining unique dagger with Adder's Touch and high critical chance we obtain another way to recover our life. Poison damage over time is nice addition since it scale with physical damage but I like more this free chaos resistance. Focus on stats in this order: flat phys, crit multi, crit chance, chaos res.
- Abyssus, Ezomyte Burgonet.

Abyssus is the best item for any melee build based on crit. It can provide from 150% to 225% critical strike multiplier and additional flat physical damage. It have 2 disadvantages: no life and increased physical damage taken. The best sentence to describe this item is "high risk, high reward". But since we investing so much into defense, this item becoming to be only "high reward". Focus on stats in this order: crit multi, damage taken (try to get the lowest), %armour, all stats.
6nVnhdO

There are plenty skills which can be used with this build. Each bring other feeling of gameplay - that mean you can find what fits your playing style the best. This system prevent destroying build with nerf to single skill and allow player to interact with build - giving him choices, not strict path.

My personal choice was usage of Double Strike.

This skill allows you to perform two fast attack with your main hand weapon - that mean you will double time use on hit effects which mean double leech effectiveness for single target. This skill has also one of best ways to deal with physical reflect since it improve power of mitigation.
+0.8% increased Base Damage per level
+0.5% increased Attack Speed per quality

Preferable links are:

I recommend usage of those support gems:

> Melee Splash Support

This gem adds effect of splash to our main skill. Base radius of your splash is 14 but since you now obtain area tag, you can use increased area effect modifiers to increase your radius.
-1% less Damage to other targets per level
+2% more Area of Effect per level
+0.5% increased Area of Effect per quality

> Melee Physical Damage Support

Number ONE support gem for any melee physical build. It provide huge boost to our damage output and improve leeching power. It provide "more" modifier to DPS.
+1% more Melee Physical Damage per level
+0.5% increased Melee Physical Damage per quality

> Multistrike Support

It repeat our last attack 2 more time. High mana multiplier isn't issue because it provide mana leech from 3 attacks. When you using it you need to have in mind that you can't move from position until you end animation of two additional hits.
+1% more Melee Attack Speed per level
+0.5% increased Melee Physical Damage per quality

> Increased Critical Strike Support

After the change this gem became interesting choice for crit builds. It's now not only provide increased critical strike chance but also a flat critical strike chance. That mean you can easily get high crit chance without investing much into items.
+2% increased Critical Strike Chance per level
+0.5% to Base Critical Strike Chance per level
+1% increased Critical Strike Chance per quality

> Faster Attacks

Since our build don't invest into huge amount into attack speed on tree, it is great gem too improve our dps. Also it brings great feeling of skill to see the massive number of slashes.
+1% increased Attack Speed per level

Also, since pathing of tree and combination of used items are so good, you can use other more visual effective skills. Just switch some support gems for others:
- Viper Strike: Faster Attacks -> Void manipulation
- Flicker Strike: Faster Attacks -> Added Fire Damage
- Blade Flurry: Melee Splash -> Increased Area of Effect, Multistrike -> Added Fire Damage
- Reave: Melee Splash -> Added Fire Damage
- Frost Blades: Melee Splash -> Cold Penetration, Faster Attacks -> Weapon Elemental Damage, Melee Physical Damage -> Increased Critical Damage

8ft9Lco

In my opinion Whirling Blades, it's on of the best movement skills in the game.

It helps us to reposition, travel on battlefield, dodging big hits. It's great skill to engage - getting faster to enemy delaying his agro, so you get some space before he attacks you. You need keep in your mind that you move faster with higher attack speed and this build don't stack so much those nodes.
+1% increased Base Damage per level

Second option is Shield Charge, movement speed scaling ability.

If you have at least 20% movement speed boots, those skills become equal. Larger investment into ms make this skill just superior in term of traveling. Also it's build in AoE so getting fortify bonus is much easier when facing solo monster. Only disadvantage is no moving through ice walls - this can CAUSE RIP (Necropolis maps, Exile with Vaal Glacial Hammer).
+1.2% increased Base Damage per level
+0.5% increased Damage per quality

Frenzy is one of the biggest buff generator.

is the only way to keep frenzy charges against bosses which don't provide extra mobs to kill (Daresso, Atziri, Chimera). It's attack speed animation isn't so fast so that can be little lackluster to use. If you won't find this useful, switch this gem for Faster Attacks to improve speed of your movement skill.
+1.4% increased Damage Multiplier per level

I use this two skills linked with 2 support gems:

> Fortify Support

Gem is one of our defense mechanics. It provide us 20% reduce damage of all sort of damage. I would say it's the most powerful protection in game for melee. Remember that with so high chance to hit you will almost never miss.
1% increased Melee Physical Damage per level
+0.5% increased Duration per quality

> Blood Magic Support

This gem allows us to spam movement skills without worry to not have enough resources for next attack. That really helps in endgame when you reserve almost all your mana.
-3% to Mana Multiplier per level
+0.5% reduced Mana Cost per quality

For increase of my damage i use combination of two skills: Blood Rage and Vaal Haste

Rework of Blood Rage was a nerf to Abyssus builds because you are force to invest into life regeneration to handle physical degeneration. On top of that you have only 25% chance to obtain frenzy charge on kill. Even if it's now harder to sustain, we still want to get it because it gives us attack speed, frenzy charges and life leech. In the end game you will probably be forced to not use it on a lot of maps since degeneration will be too much for you to resist it.
+0.5% increased Attack Speed per level
+0.25% increased Attack Speed per quality

Gem is great or even superior vaal skill which increase our overall damage. With good gameplay you can keep it for the most time.
+x% increased Attack Speed per level
+y% increased Movement Speed per level
+1% increased Area of Effect radius per quality

x scale to 36%
y scale to 20%

I use this two skills with one support gem in one of hands.

> Increased Duration Support

I just love this gem. Thanks to it I don't need to refresh my Blood Rage and my precious Vaal Haste last longer.
+1% increased Skill Effect Duration per level
+0. 5% increased Skill Effect Duration per quality

For next 3L combination I use Enduring Cry and Ancestral Totem

Second defense option on our character and again free one is Enduring Cry. This build gives you extra 3 charges which boost our protection and of top of that they make us also immune to Blood Rage degeneration.
+2 Endurance Charges granted per one hundred nearby enemies per level
+14 Life regenerated per second per level
+3% increased Area of Effect radius per quality

Totem bring boost for our damage against unique monsters. Put it in safe position and take full advantage of increased damage and attack speed.
+0.8% increased Damage Multiplier per level
+1% increased Attack Speed per level
+1% increased Totem Damage per quality

I want those two skills to cost me life other than mana.

> Blood Magic Support

In the situation where we can't spend too much mana on skills we should place cost on our life. That mean we won't be forced to use normal attack.
-3% to Mana Multiplier per level
+0.5% reduced Mana Cost per quality

Orb of Storms is our early way to claim high crit chance.

Until we can afford to use 6L or 5L (if you don't bother about increased AoE) we should use this setup to gain Power Charges. It will start being effective around base 30% crit chance.
+x to Lightning Damage per level
+0.125 to number of orbs per level
+1% increased Lightning Damage per quality

x scale to 59-177 Lightning Damage

> Power Charge on Critical Support

Adds reason to Orb of Storms. You can generate power charges which will help you to handle crit chance on high levels.
+1% to Chance to gain Power Charge per level
+1% increased Critical Strike Chance per quality

Cast when Damage Taken is almost necessary in every build and this one isn't different.

CWDT brings possibility to use skills when our life is in danger. Since we only have problem with big hits (rarely) we can use full leveled gem.
+x to Damage Threshold per level
-4% less Damage per level
+0.5% increased Damage per quality

We use triple skill combo (or just golem if we using power charge setup) for our CWDT setup:

> Enfeeble

I'm only using this curse against hard hitting bosses and on new unique temple map (this map is melee resist because you DON'T want to be in melee versus them - enfeeble helps to put this resist down).
+2% increased Area of Effect radius per level
+1% reduced Enemy's Accuracy Rating per level
+0.5% less Enemy's Damage per level
+1% reduced Enemy's Accuracy Rating per quality
+1% reduced Enemy's Critical Strike Chance per quality

> Molten Shield

This skill gives us huge armour boost and when we combine this with determination aura and granite flask we will obtain enormous amount of armour. If enemy attack us they will cause AoE damage around you.
+x to Fire Damage per level
+y to Armour per level
+1% chance to ignite an enemy per quality

x scale to 1962-2943 Fire Damage
y scale to 1508 flat Armour

For last link I use one of following golems - feel free to choose.

> Ice Golem

This one provides additional accuracy which go well with Juggernaut's Undeniable. Also you gain additional critical strike chance. On top of that your puppet can slow enemies with his attacks. Best choice for Juggernaut.
+0.5% increased Critical Strike Chance per level
+0.5% increased Accuracy per level
+1% increased Minion Maximum Life per quality
+1% increased Minion Damage per quality

> Chaos Golem

He provide extra physical reduction what helps us to tank and fight with reflect. Nice choice for Berserker.
+2% increased Minion Maximum Life per level

> Flame Golem

This one give you additional damage and like my friend says "there is never enough damage". Golem trying to stay behind you by 80% of time so if you move fast enough you will not even see him on your screen. But problem with this golem is that by 20% time he will face check group of enemies (curiosity is first step to hell).
+0.25% increased Damage per level
+2% increased Minion Maximum Life per level

R26Xr4D

This build works around 3 reservation mana gems. There are 3 setups, depending which class you choose. For most skills you want to use this combination:

Determination

Determination is underestimated aura by many people but not by me. It increase your armour by x% and the best part of that is it will increase armour gain from Molten Shield and granite flask. At that level of armour, physical reflect became enemy you can fight.
+1% more Armour per level
+3% increased Area of Effect radius per level

Arctic Armour

Arctic Armour after change from consuming mana to mana reservation, it became great way to deal with reflect in my build. Percentage reduce physical and fire damage while standing is great for melee build. Also each enemy's hit chill him for 0.5s.
+0.25% less Physical Damage taken when Hit
+0.25% less Fire Damage taken when Hit
+1% increased Base Duration per Quality

Herald of Ash

Herald of Ash is great boost to our clear speed. Helps on early levels when monsters damage isn't so high. Also this herald scale well with physical damage - can you ask for something better for such low mana reservation.
+3% increased Overkill Damage per level
+0.75% increased Fire Damage per quality

If you playing Juggernaut, you can leave Determination for sake of this aura:

Hatred

Hatred is great addition to Juggernaut since he already have something similar to Determination in his ascendancy class (Double amount of armour on body part). This way he gains power boost similar to other classes.
+1% gain of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage per level
+3% increased Area of Effect radius per level

If you choose to play as Viper Strike I recommend switching Determination/Hatred and Herald of Ash for Blasphemy double setup. This will require from you +1 curse amulet or Doedre's Damning.

Blasphemy

Blasphemy allows to change your curses to auras which take in effect anyone who will get close to you. If you want to go for this setup, make sure to take out Enfeeble from CWDT setup (switch it for Vortex) because it will stop working.
+1% gain of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage per level
+0.5% increased Effect of Supported Curses per quality

Temporal Chains

Temporal Chains reduce speed of everythink that come close to you: their movement speed, attack/cast speed. It also increase duration of effects put on enemies like poison and bleed. Really helps with bosses with huge pool of life.
+2% increased Radius of Curse Skills per level
+0.5% increased effect of slow per level
+0.5% increased effect of slow per quality

Vulnerability

Vulnerability make enemies to double suffer due to increased physical damage taken and increased damage over time effect. Great synergy with build even without use of Viper Strike.
+0.5% increased Physical Damage Taken by Enemies per level
+2% increased Area of Effect radius per level
+0.5% increased Physical Damage Taken by Enemies per quality

I recommend to start leveling this gem as soon as possible since it allows us to use all 3 skills in end game:

> Enlighten

It doesn't change a lot with this setup but if you can afford 3lvl you will be able to run additional herald on this build.
-4% to Mana Multiplier of Supported Active Skill Gems per level
+5% increased Experience Gained by This Gem per quality

I recommend using Herald of Ash and Arctic Armour early. After reaching around 7k armour you should switch Arctic Armour with Determination. If you run for map with huge fire damage or you running lower regeneration maps, switch back Determination for Arctic Armour.

After getting The Brass Dome from Guardian farm as Juggernaut I went to point where my armour was around 75k. At that point I dropped Determination for Hatred because difference between 75k and 50k armour in practice was really low. At this moment for the cost of 50% reserved I was getting:
- against 5000 pure physical it was 269 less damage - most common hits
- against 10000 pure physical it was 513 less damage - you can tank that
- against 20000 pure physical it was 785 less damage - you don't want to tank that

Also if I get really lucky on rolling colors (1 blue and 3 green on full armour base) I would switch Herald of Ash for Herald of Ice in Hatred setup.[/b]

6Z45AAI

5PzITI8

Normal: Oak
Extra life as reward goes well with our passive tree. If you take a look on that 40 life from the other site, you will see 146 life thanks to passives.

Cruel: Eramir
I used to choose Oak over everyone else but after making some research I came to conclusion that it isn't worth in end game. Extra skill point is balanced choose since we can react easier for future balance changes or even transits to other build easily.

Merciless: Oak
Since I choose Juggernaut, I have no problem to fast obtain and maintain so many endurance charges. It's also ok to choose Kraityn (especially for Flicker Strike or Raider) or Eramir.

GKK9INL

MsMmMgA

Normal difficulty:
At the beginning, you can equip most of dropped items but with progress you will meet item requirements. Since we focus on armour based items, we will need mostly only STR which provide for us skill tree. More problematic can be two others stats. Most items, you will find at the begging, will grant you additional attributes. Good example are Jade Amulet and Lapis Amulet. Also you can grab one of those items:

Focus on finding gear with stats like HP, cold/fire resistance and armour in this order. First steps in game are easy and you can end act 1 without resist at all.

I recommend leveling with dual wield - it's individual taste. Focus on weapons with added physical damage or increased physical damage. If you want to stick to build gameplay from beginning you can choose items like:

You should grab 2 pots of life, 1 pot of mana and Quicksilver Flask from Nessa's reward. Most time a choose Mana Flask as last one but you can choose other potion.
You should start with:

Use Arctic Armour + Herald of Ash early and level Determination in your alternate weapon slot. You can transits to Dual Strike when you find first 4L item for your gear. In the end of act 4 I had capped elemental resist and around 2.5k life what shouldn't be hard to achieve.

My items for this state of game

Cruel difficulty:
At that point you will get -20% penalty to resistance. With first steps you should focus on upgrading items for more life and resistance based rather than with additional stats.
You need at that point at least 4l item for Double Strike, Melee Splash Support, Increased Melee Physical Damage, Multistrike Support combo. We will start slowly getting crit chance nodes to boots our damage. I recommend to use this dagger:

I went to Merciless with it so I can say for sure it's solid weapon.
You should now aim for mana and life leech on jewellery or Elreon's jewellery to reduce cost of your skills.

You can also invest into unique belt for leeching problem.

You should grab 2 pots of life, 1 pot of mana, Quicksilver Flask and Granite Flask from now. Try to obtain at least 1 remove freeze and 1 remove bleeding mod on pots. Granite Flask will help you with charging and leaping monsters.
At the end of act 4 I had around 4000 HP. Should be enough to handle most battles.

My items for this state of game

Merciless difficulty:
At that point you need to catch white/blue 5l armour chest. You can buy one for around 1-5 chaos. Use transmute orb to change normal item into magic and then with use of alts try to roll life+res or arm+res. After that try to regal it and depend on roll you should go to master's benches and roll another resistance. I crafted a lot of armours with this strategy:

If you don't feel lucky with RNG you may try to buy one. Just focus on HP and as extra mods treat resistance and armour (you can also use armour/evasion based but that isn't recommended). And don't rush purchase because it's not worth to overpay for something you can get cheaper from different person.

Try to obtain rings and/or amulet with accuracy - just aim for 88% chance to hit. Also crit multi on amulet will be big DPS boost. Get mana leech on jewel or jewellery.

Also you need to buy or get Essential Items (unique strongbox can drop Bino's).

With -60% penalty you need to aim for chaos resistance on items what can be hard with keeping capped elemental resistance. Whenever I made new char, I make in Excel table. You will have unique items which won't have resist (i know about Bino's chaos resist) and most likely amulet with only dps stats so you need to over cap elemental resist and cap chaos resist with 7 items. Each item can roll 3 any resistance what gives you total 21 resistance mods. With accuracy on rings you still can have 3 resistance with implicit. Since we need for 4 different resistances, we receive 5 mods for each resistance with 1 free mod. I always aim for at 6 chaos resistance on items since it's hardest to find stat. You need total 75%+60%+34%-16%-24%=139% resistance for cold and lightning resistance (60% merciless penalty and 34% for elemental weakness maps) (16% from passive tree and 24% from endurance charges), 75%+60%+34%-24%-24%+1%=122% for fire resistance (24% from passive tree and 1% to maximum fire res) and 75%+60%-x% for chaos resistance (x% is from Bino's). I really recommend to make table so you won't end with 4 fire resistance requirements on one item. Also if you find yourself in situation where you still need res - feel free to give up on chaos res / STR on one of the items or use jewel with double or all res.

pBZk1nz

Good items for this state of game

Jewellery/Belts:

Weapons/Shields;

Gloves/Boots/Helmets:

I will give you you advice if you plan to buy items:
Don't aim for chaos resistance in gloves and helmets because their prices are so high. And if you plan to get chaos resistance on boots it will be easier to catch one without one resistance or without movement speed (make sure you will be able to craft it on item). Price disproportion is huge but each item can be bought by few chaos.

You should focus on those affixes on gear:
1. Life
2. Elemental Resistance
3. Armour
4. Chaos Resistance / Strength

You should focus on INT Amulets and Rings with stats like:
1. Life
2. Increased Armour Rating (only on Amulet)
3. Critical Strike Chance
4. Added Physical Damage to Attacks
5. Critical Strike Multiplier
6. Resist (only on Rings)
7. Accuracy

Some extra thoughts:
3th belt prefix can be WED, life flask recovery or movement speed.
Stats like leech on gloves, rings and amulet are very nice addition.
Flat phys and increased attack speed on gloves can boost your damage.
For rings it's better to use Steel Ring over Diamond Ring.

My current gear at this state of game

My standard gear

kQfmPaY

Basic build has 5 socketable nodes. Unique jewels aren't so useful for us so it's better to craft them. First we need to choose base for our jewels. We can choose one of three available:

- Cobalt Jewel

- Crimson Jewel

- Viridian Jewel

Each base open for us different mods on jewels. Each color inform us about a chance to roll mods. Cobalt, blue jewel is better for casters. They will most likely roll spell, cold damage, energy shield affixes. Crimson, red jewels will roll melee weapons, fire damage, totem, armour, life affixes. The last one, Viridian, green jewel can roll bows, daggers, claws, crit chance and cold damage affixes. You can also roll mana leech on this jewel.

We want to start with magic Crimson or Viridian jewel which can roll one prefix and suffix. We should aim to roll crit chance and physical damage or attack speed. It can takes some Alternation Orbs from your stash but result will be rewarding. Let's take Crimson jewel as base:

After Alternation Orbs I got pretty good result:

Then i used Orb of Augmentation to add prefix:

Now it's time to use Regal Orb on our precious jewel and got decent roll (it isn't worth to exalt but you can sell it for nice amount of Chaos Orbs:

If we roll bad affix, we want to use Scouring Orb and Alternation Orb and repeat rolling affixes until we get something good. If we got something decent we have two options: to equip it or use Exalted Orb on it. If get lucky you will get 4th nice mod and your jewel will be worth few Exalts. Then if you are brave enough you can use Vaal Orb on it. In worst scenario you will crash your jewel mods. It can also nothing happen but your jewel will lose on price. The best scenario is extra useful mod on jewel which will make you rich.

I most time stop on regaling jewels and selling them for few Chaos Orbs (with 2 good rolls) to few Exalted Orbs (with 3 good rolls). It's your choose. Are you lucky enough or you prefer to keep lower income.

You want stats like:
- increased physical damage
- increased attack speed
- increased critical strike chance
- increased critical strike multiplier
- increased life
- mana leech
- increased accuracy

Sn5LlZx

Golden rule say: Remember to have always 1 remove freezing and 1 remove bleeding pot. If you can effective management flasks you can put those suffixes on healing pots. If not, put remove freezing on Quicksilver Flask so you will be able to not be frozen by 5s (helps on chilling ground maps).

Since there are few choices I decided to make separate section for flasks. Currently there are 3 types of flasks which we should use no matter what. Two others flasks depend on your personal taste - you can choose between damage boost, utility gain, defense increase or recovery option. But let's start from life flasks.

<>Divine Life Flask

Since this flask has the highest life recovery from all life flask, we want to roll it with prefix "Seething". This affix change recovery over time to life gain on use. That allows us to skip long time of refilling our life bar to single click. Only disadvantage of rolling this affix is 66% reduced amount recovered. That gives us effective 979 life per one use. But since we went for some specific cluster nodes, we have increased life recovery by 70%. That mean we get 1664 life per use which is pretty huge since in 3 usages we can get almost 5000 life back. That mean we can get back to fight in just one frame without even leaving it. I also roll freeze dispel on this flask because huge life pool make you almost immune to freeze from monsters.
<>Eternal Life Flask

The main advantage of using this flask over others is the most effective life recovered per second. This flask is for situation when we fight enemy with regular damage output. You can counter that "small" life loss with just popping your flask. We want to roll "Catalyst" on this flask to increase power of this flask which allow us to gain 2496 life in 2.7s. Isn't that great? Not enough for us! Empower this flask with our passive tree now and get 4293 life in 2.7s. I also roll bleed immunity on this flask since it make bleed useless against us for a small period of time.
<>Granite / Ruby / Sapphire / Topaz Flask of Iron Skin

In my main setup I always use Granite flask and switch it for one with resistance if I need to deal with boss or map focused on elemental damage (example Ruby Flask of Iron Skin for Plaza Map). So I would recommend to roll first Granite flask and then when you have some currency to spare you should roll other 3 flask (or maybe you get lucky and find them in your game progress). For the affixes we want to roll "of Iron Skin" which increase our armour from 60% to 100% during flask effect. Popping this flask will double or even triple your armour. For the prefix we want one of those:
} Surgeon's - 20% to gain charge per crit
} Ample - from 10 to 20 extra charges
} Chemist - from 20% to 25% less charges used
} Experimenter's - 20% to 30% increased duration

Those 3 flask are require for this build to be effective in maps and by effective I mean not dying to monsters. So we still can choose two others from those flask:

<>Quicksilver Flask

Flask brings the most valuable stat in game - movement speed. Maybe it's not common knowledge but this flask is booster for clear speed. Thanks to this flask you decrease your time spending on each map. That is huge buff to leveling time. I recommend to roll increased movement speed on this flask for faster leveling.
<> Silver Flask

Great flask which brings damage output and utility. One use allows us to obtain temporary buff called "onslaught". Buff increase our attack and movement speed.
<> Forbidden Taste Quartz Flask

With 75% chaos resistance we get instant 75% (100% thanks to our passives) our life for 10% of our life in next 5s. So you end with 90% of your total life recovered - for 7k life that mean 6300 effective HP! On top of that sweet recovery you can go through enemies and gain 10% dodge chance. Only disadvantage of this flask is 45 charges used on heal. Also you want 0% quality on it!

<>Atziri's Promise Amethyst Flask

First one unique flask which I got and you will get from Atziri farm. Nice for boosting our damage. We gain 22% to 25% physical damage and from 13% to 14% elemental damage as extra chaos damage. Using it will provide additional 18750 to 20400 chaos damage.
<>Taste of Hate

It gives us 30% of physical damage as extra cold damage and change 30% of incoming physical damage to cold damage. On top of that it add extra 30% cold resistance + 10% to maximum cold resistance. That all mean extra 22500 cold damage which in combination with our crits are warranted of freezing and shattering bodies.
<>Doedre's Elixir Greater Mana Flask

Nice alternative for mana leech/charges gain. This flask is giving 1 of each type charge on use. With lowest possible roll I was able to maintain all charges. For this unique you want to roll the lowest amount "increased charges used".
<>Rumi's Concoction Granite Flask

Another good option is flask which provide block chance. It provides huge boost in our defense. There is never enough defense for any build. Remember you can't use Granite flask with this unique item.
IGN: Nanashi_StdVerro
"Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide
view-thread/1321402
Last edited by ShihanPiotr on Jul 3, 2017 4:35:32 PM
Last bumped on Jul 17, 2017 11:54:07 PM
Rlt7zQM

3TV8LBU

With the expansion to Path of Exile, sustaining high level maps became harder. I'm using transmutation + augmentation orbs for white maps. For yellow and red maps I'm using alchemy orbs but for red I'm adding chisels. This build gives you opportunity to runs most of mods without danger. In this part I will explain which can be harder but not impossible to do.

First let's talk about physical reflect as mod. Keep 6 endurance charges and Granite Flask on before you hit. If you find you need more armour to negate damage coming from reflect you can try to use unique ring:

PHYSICAL REFLECT MAP SHOULDN'T BE RUN WITH "LESS ARMOUR" MOD - GGG HATE THOSE WHO GO BEYOND THE META.

Other maps mods force us to change slightly change gems setup or turning off aura/buff.

=> 40%/50%/60% reduce or no life and mana regeneration
Turn off Herald of Ash or Arctic Armour to obtain extra mana pool. Then you can rush this mod with loud war cry. Keep in mind you taking more damage from Blood Rage even with 6 endurance charges. If you find yourself in situation where you can't find any monsters double use "X" button to fast change weapons.

=> Blood magic (rest in piece)
Turn off everything to free life pool. Be aware that charging and leaping monster now hurt so don't get catch off guard. Keep all other buffs up. I would not recommend going physical reflect map if you don't have at least 30k armour without Determination.

=> Less Armour (GGG hate non meta builds)
This mod on red maps is counter to Determination aura (50% less to 51% more). You should be careful on those maps especially with such mods like Vulnerability. Don't jump in of huge group of Giant Skeletons and you will be ok. DON'T RUN THIS MOD WITH PHYSICAL REFLECT MAP!

=> Vulnerability
If you don't have Juggernaut passive, you can be stunned so don't let monster chain it on you. Also Blood Rage degeneration now is even stronger so even charges won't help. If there isn't many mobs around, keep it off.

=> No leech
I hate those map. Use mana pot and be carefull with use of Blood Rage. You want your full life regeneration to help keep your life high.

=> Elemental Weakness
Nothing to fear. Just keep all 6 charges up and you won't feel any difference.

=> Temporal Chains/Chilling Ground
I don't find this mod dangerous - it's more irritating mod than hard. Also Shield Charge is better than Whirling Blades on this type of maps.

=> Increased Critical Strike Damage and Chance
If you want to do this mod you need to know which mobs how hard hit. You don't want be in the group of Giant Skeletons. Try to approach to enemies from sides rather than from inside their group. If you already get your Brass Dome, you can run this map without any hesitation.

=> Monster deal extra damage as cold / lightning / fire or player have -x% to maximum resistance
In this situation change Granite flask for flask with the correct resist.

vLI7oZ0

Na'em, Bending Stone
The easiest boss of Beyond. Just pop granite flask and keep hitting him. He can't exchange hits with you but pride don't allow him to retreat. He is using leap slam and has Unwavering so you can't stun lock him.

Haast, Unrelenting Frost
I would say it's hard boss. Since we must fight in melee he will always hit us with his skills. But after he hit us, he will be cursed by Enfeeble. If you have Sapphire Flask and fortify buff on you can easily tank his hits. If you are running out of instant Life Flask, move out with movement skill and refill flask.

Tzteosh, Hungering Flame
Easier version of Abaxoth. He casting smaller Flameblast and summon ragging spirits. And this is why you can tank him. Leech will heal you to full most time. His damage output isn't so huge and will be even smaller when he will be cursed by Enfeeble. Only annoying think is his spirits which deal like 0 damage but have tons of life which cause huge fps drops. On good PC you can tank him.

Bameth, Shifting Darkness
Pop up Granite Flask and repeat history of Tzteosh. Watch out for minion corpses - he know Detonate Dead so don't stand in the same place as Desecrate. In this fight curse won't help you since he has curse immunity.

Ephij, Crackling Sky
You need be very careful because you will start taking damage at the moment you will see him at screen. Jump in with movement skills to obtain Fortify effect, attack few times and run away if too many thunders overlap on you. Repeat sequence until he will fall down.

Abaxoth, The End of All That Is
This boss is my nightmare. The nightmare that made me to run like an idiot around him. You just make him to cast Flameblast in circle. With this strategy you will makes laps with some space to attack him. He also use Flicker Strike so use this moment to hit him few times.

OIEZZbM

This build allows you to efficiently farm Atziri without any risk. My build provide you enough defenses to rush from first first floor to throne room.
The best part of this build is no need to change flasks and gear for run. However, I recommend you to start with 2 extra flasks in your inventory (Topaz and Ruby Flask) before you get used to runs.

Normal Atziri . and . Uber Atziri

Double Vaal
At the start of the fight Vaals will start to spam monsters and after that they will hide underground. Focus on the right side because he will spawn around 4s before his brother. They using 4 forms of attacks: Vaal Slam, Lightning Beam, Lightning Ball and Ice Storm.
As our main strategy we use the same from boss fight - move around target. If he start spamming Lightning Balls, use Whirling Blades to jump behind him. Try to take 90% life of both Vaals before you start killing them because they have hidden passive. On the death of one of Vaal, second gets increased damage and attack and cast speed. Don't worry if you killed first before hurting second one - you just need to dodge skills more often.

Trio
Bosses of 3th floor are three demons: witch, marauder and duelist.

Girl use two attacks, Spike Storm and Spike Rain of Arrows. You take like zero damage from her second attack but you should be aware of her first - it can be fatal when tanking other two bosses (if she fast cast 3 waves of spikes into air, go away from you current place). When you kill her, she will create degeneration field which will spawn Tentacle Miscreation.

Second one is demon with spikes instead of hand. he is using Dual Strike and Fire Boost. When he start burning be aware because he will reflect some damage to you as fire damage. He deal half physical and fire damage. Just wait until his fire effect disappear and you can face tank him. When you kill him, he will create degeneration field which will spawn Piety's Miscreation.

Last one is big demon which cause bleeding (2/4/8 stacks depending on 3/2/1 bosses left) on hitting Cleave. He also use Cyclone with chaos degeneration on ground. He uses it only when you are far from him. Even with high chaos resistance don't stay in this black mist. When you kill him, he will create degeneration field which will spawn Whipping Miscreation.

I recommend to kill them in this order:

Witch -> Marauder -> Duelist
In last stage, don't attack when he has his fire buff on him. Damage reflected contaminated with his burst is too high to handle by leech and flasks (multi leeching can handle this).

Witch -> Duelist -> Marauder
With this combination, you need to have good flask management or bleeding will destroy you. You should be able to face tank him easily.

Three tips which can make this fight easier:
1. Don't tank 3 of them at the same time.
2. Take your time to refill flasks after 1 kill.
3. Run in circle until you stack enduring charges.

Atziri
She is using 3 normal attacks:
=: Flameblast
=: Red Storm Call
=: Spear Throw

She does two superior attacks:
=: Double huge Flameblast
=: Golden Storm Call

Just move to sides to dodge them (DON'T EVEN TRY TANKING THEM). With patch 2.0, after golden version of Storm Call start hitting, there will appear one or two rune near you at the end of cast so be aware.

With each 25% HP lost, you will be force to face her four copies: with spear, with mirror, with lighting hand and with fire hand.
> Atziri with spear deal small amount of damage and cause little bleeding on hit (you won't even notice it)
> woman with mirror reflect 100% so don't even touch her or you will one shot yourself (fun fact: was able to dps her around 2s before i die to reflect)
> fire one spamming small Flameblast
> lightning one spamming Storm Call

Your task at this stage is to destroy one of copies. I'm using strategy from Magnus Stonethorn fight. Bite Flameblast outside and jump on any copy (but not with mirror). Don't be in hurry! With this amount of HP I can tank 1 to 2 of her skills without reliance on flasks. That doesn't mean you should tank!

Meanwhile battle with single Atziri she can teleport to center of room and cage herself. In this state will start spawning monsters. They will move slowly to Atziri and heal her on contact. You can refill flasks in this state. Stand on the top of Atziri and spam Double Strike. Melee Splash is enough to clear them before they heal her.

pKP17uh

Labyrinth became a new way to spend your end game time. We want to do those runs not only for our 8 ascendancy points but also for the profit. You can easily farm Izaro and his lovely Argus since their main damage come from physical attacks. Also it's worth to mention that labs runs takes from 6 min to 8 min depending on labyrinth pattern.
29DLTEp

In this chapter I'm gonna focus on 4 things:
> avoiding traps
> boss fights
> enchantments
> ascendancy points

Traps
In labyrinth you can spot few types of traps. I would want to separate them for those:
- avoidable,
- with timing,
- sentinels.

As avoidable I mean traps which can be bypassed with whirling blades like sentries, saws and spinning blades. They all work the same - they move on designated route so you can predict how they move. If trap moves towards you, you can use skill to jump over them.

Some of traps can't be skipped so easily - I call them timing traps since they change periodically their behavior. Those traps are spikes, lava ground and spikes. You should give yourself a sec to check how they work and then move between them.

Last are small shrines called sentinels. They apply special effects on small areas. That can be aura buffing monsters or debuffing you, or a skill which hit everyone around it. Good way to deal with them is to use totem to destroy them from range.

Izaro and Argus
Argus isn't very problematic beast. He can use two types of skills: Sunder and Enrage. First one isn't problem for you since it's more effective against huge crown of mobs. Enrage works like Blood Rage and can be fight changer if you don't have good gear. So if you don't want to exchange hits with him during this buff, move away from him until his Enrage run out. In most scenario you will get to room with all charges up, place a totem and burst him down in few seconds.

When it come to Izaro, he has bigger skill pool. He can use jump, wind slash, shield charge, slam, earthquake, sunder and goddess bombs. Only possible "scary" skills are wind slash, shield charge and slam. Each of this skills can be easily avoided since they have long animations. When you get your sweet armour over 35k armour you will be able to easily tank those skills.

Enchantments
For glove enchantments I really like:
-: Reflection - when you get hit, enchant creates copy of you which helps with killing alone targets.
-: War - when you kill you create animated weapon of your dagger which is really handy when it comes to monster on other level.
-: Spite - when you get hit, you throw in all direction daggers which creates chilling ground.

For boots I recommend:
)> Movement Velocity - probably of two best enchants for boots. Free increased movement speed if you wasn't hit recently which is rather good in large maps.
)> Attack and Cast Speed - you gain buff if you killed enemies recently which is really nice boost to our damage.

As for helmet:
+} reduced mana reservation for Determination (if no Juggernaut), Arctic Armour, Herald of Ash, Hatred (for Juggernaut)

There are huge amounts of of helm enchants so I don't recommend rerolling enchants until it's very bad one - it's more profitable to sell it and buy/farm another one.

Ascendancy
I would like to say that build is playable by classes like marauder, duelist, scion, ranger and shadow so as you there are plenty of choices for subclass.

Juggernaut
My personal choice - the representation of powerful defense. This subclass brings everything what need we need - free accuracy and attack speed, easier armour stacking, slow resistant and endurance charges utility. I love this class not only because of icon but also because it provide always what we most need. Accuracy for early bad access to dexterity points. Endurance charges for physical reduction and free resistance in cruel, damage boost depending on your number of charges you have and elemental damage taken reduction for endgame. Also it allows us to switch Determination for Hatred. Also, I will repeat note about body armour for Juggernaut: "You want to get as high as possible armour rating on body armour since it will scale really well with Unbreakable". As Juggernaut I spend points in this order:
1. Undeniable
2. Unflinching
3. Unrelenting
4. Unbreakable

Berserker
If you love damage more than defense you should go for this role. This subclass focus on increasing damage thanks to your rage rather than giving your option to defend yourself. If you kill monsters you boost your strength, if you get hurt you boost your strength, if you exist you buff your strength. But this class has 2 good options for your protection. First is instant heal on war cry and second one is reduced damage taken when you killed recently. I went for those skill points:
1. Crave of Slaughter
2. Aspect of Carnage
3. Rite of Ruin
4. War Bringer
You won't be rely on flasks so much so respect life/flask nodes (near Scion) and go for endurance charge and jewel under Barbarism.

Gladiator
This was black horse of all subclasses. Gladiator focus on applying bleed and brings utility against bleeding enemies like free explosion, damage reduction and boosting power. He also has ways to improve your block chance without huge investment. Imagine actual 26% block chance with extra 12% from this subclass and add Rumi's Concoction Granite Flask. Even after nerf, it will still give you 58% block chance for attacks and 68% block chance for spells. I always go for:
1. Gratuitous Violence
2. Blood in Eyes
3. Painforged
4. Versatile Combatant
This subclass go well with Voidheart and it's recommended to respect life/flask nodes (near Scion) and go for Dirty Techniques by the fastest road.

Slayer
This subclass focus on leeching, damage boosting while killing, reflect reduction and brings one of the most interesting mechanics - 100% chance to stun any enemy who has full life. That is the main reason going for this subclass because that open you chance to deal with any enemy before he can react. I always want to gain first damage nodes and then take my precious stun node:
1. Bane of Legends
2. Headsman
3. Overwhelm
4. Endless Hunger

Pathfinder
Subclass focus on flask maintain. You can reduce number of life potions you want to use and increase number of utility flask to 4. Since this build is focused on crits you can easily take advantage off Master of Surgeon. Additionally since you use Herald of Ash your most enemies are burning so you have increased charges recovered. Also this subclass gives you free poison effect which will increase your boss kill potential. I recommend this order:
1. Veteran Bowyer
2. Nature's Adrenaline
3. Master of Surgeon
4. Master Herbalist

Raider
After buff in 2.5 it became a viable choice for my build. Now she has good frenzy charge generation which work very well with additional effect "per frenzy charge". She has easy way to obtain Onslaught which drastically improve clear speed and the flow of the melee gameplay. We want to focus on ascendancy in this order:
1. Way of the Poacher
2. Avatar of the Slaughter
3. Rapid Assault
4. Avatar of the Chase
Also you want to respect from life/flask nodes and invest into frenzy charges on left side on tree. Also getting frenzy over endurance charge from Bandit quest would be recommended.

Assassin
This subclass help with capping critical strike chance early so we can go on fire faster. We not only gain guaranteed crit on every enemy with full HP but also huge crit multiplier and free culling strike. Also it brings free boss killer boost - you have 30% chance to cause bleeding which gives you extra 20% chaos damage and 40% chance to cause poison (with Adder's Touch you have 70%).
1. Ambush
2. Assassinate
3. Noxious Strike
4. Toxic Delivery

Ascendant
I did this build with this subclass (slayer + berserker) and stopped leveling at 92 level. In theory this ascendancy should bring the most fascinating combinations but I couldn't find any that would be much better than any others. I will give you choice because I still don't have much data to prove overwhelming power of one build over another.

ColSNPb

Firstly to encounter Shaper as final boss you need to obtain fragments of the four guardians:
- Chimera
- Minotaur
- Phoenix
- Hydra
Order of guardians represent level of difficulty.

Chimera :
One of the most easiest and boring fights ever. With such amount of defense you are able to stand on top of the boss and keep hitting him without need to use flasks (random crits can make you use it). Fight has 3 stages: fighting a boss, looking for boss, killing unique monsters.

You start with boss fight in which his use normal attacks supported by his 2 skills. Those skills are claw lacerate and circle of blade flurry - both easy to tank.

From time to time he will hide in the mist/smoke clouds. At that moment you need to use your movement skill to go through this clouds. This stage will end only if you hit him so try to do that fast because you can't rely on leech.

Chimera like Atziri will fall back when you reduce his life by 25%. In each corner will start spawn monsters (from gates like in Daresso Dream) - they are tanky and deal really high damage so you shouldn't jump in the middle of huge pack. In the end of each stage you will need to face unique monster which too be real, it's harder than main target. There are 3 encounters:
- dogs,
- snakes,
- goats.

Minotaur :
Another candidate for face tanking. Minotaur is pure physical damage dealer which can be dangerous for characters without solid physical damage reduction. His pattern attack is very simple. He engage with underground attack which deal huge amount of damage. You will hear and see him hiding under the ground and after that he will start moving to the place where were you / your golem / your totem standing. After he bury, you should reposition yourself because it's one of those skills which shouldn't be tanked. After getting close to you he will start to using 2 skills betweens normal attacks. First is something like Axe Cleave. If you doing Minotaur first time, take a look how much damage it dealt because second skill is at least two times more powerful. Second form of attack is his Slam - he raises his weapon to air and hit the ground (this animation takes like 3-4s). After that it leaves circle where are falling rocks from ceiling. Now depending how much armour achieved you can stay there no matter how many circles overlaps or at least in one. If you find yourself in danger or you feel uneasy, feel free to move out of circle but be careful because Minotaur gonna do his underground attack. Minotaur is spamming Stone Golems which help you to keep up the charges (you can move on the other end of room and kill there golems until you fully recharge flasks). With decreasing his life, the pillars will start to turn on - you don't want to stand between them. Laser inflicts huge slow and shock status for those who pass throw it - it can be you or even Minotaur. If you get catch by it - move as fast as you can from range of Minotaur because it's hard to avoid his tunnel skill with debuff.

Phoenix :
I really love this fight because of unique mechanics it has. This fight require some skill from players. I start map with Ruby Flask and before boss room I equip Rise of the Phoenix. With flask and unique shield i have max 90% fire resistance. High max fire resistance is require here because with each 10% of Phoenix HP loss, he will cause you to lose 1% of max fire res and will spam additional fire bird. Those guys can hurt a lot if there is plenty them up - also they resurrect in few second after you killed them. Boss fight you in melee range and has two skills which should be avoided. First, less dangerous, fire cyclone. At the start of animation move on side and if he hit you don't worry, he shouldn't be able to kill you. Second one is fire charging explosion. Move away from him with movement skill. This explosion will one shot you.

Hydra :
I hate this fight because of vortex cause my PC to work on 3-10 fps which cause so much stress for my health. As like in Phoenix situation, you should take with you Sapphire Flask and equip Aegis Aurora or Kaltenhalt to increase your max cold resistance. Boss fight has two switching all time phases: boss encounter and rain of mobs. In first stage you deal with the boss which use 3 types of skills: cold barrage (tankable), forking arrow (tankable), hyper arrow (not recommend to even try tanking it). Not matter what will be going on you want to stand behind or on the side of boss while attacking him - reposition is hard in this battle but necessary. After some time boss will disappear and cold blast rain will start falling from sky. Each arrow will produce mob and after that boss will return. Use this situation to refill flasks and stay alert because you don't know where he gonna appear again. If fight be around those two stages it would be too easy. I want to say that meanwhile you doing boss fight, from left and right side will be moving vortex balls. They travel in lines so you need to avoid them while focusing on boss. Sometimes it more important to reposition yourself or refill flasks before trying to dps him (he has tons of life so it will take some time).

Shaper
After you kill all guardians and collect their fragments, you will be granted to enter Shaper realm. In this maps is highly recommend for players who are good in positioning. You start with task to kill 4 of his voids - unique monsters which will get form of map bosses (Daresso, Dominus). After killing those Zana will spawn portal in the middle to his room.

I recommend switching Melee Splash Support for Added Fire Support and increased Area of Effect Support for Increased Critical Damage Support. You want DPS him as fast as possible.

Shaper does 4 attacks. Also one of unique shield with max cold res and Sapphire Flask will be very effective here. First is ball throwing in line, you should move on the side and use this time to hit him. He repeats this attacks 2 to 3 times in a row. Depending on poe database, you can't tank it. Second attack is some cleave attack, not very dangerous. Third attack is beam which burn your life in few sec. When you see his animation, move behind him and hit him (animation lock him in place for something like 4s). Last attack is teleport. When he disappear in purple aura, he will teleport on your position - after you see his coming you need to move on the side as fast as you can (it has huge AoE). It will one shot you. While you keep fighting him, you will spot vortex balls appearing on sides - they will follow you. Ball don't deal damage but after touching you, it will create small zone which will deal cold damage per second and they won't disappear. If it start to follow you, try to make it explode on side of map - it is nothing more dangerous than damaging area in the middle of the room. Also he will create portal from which start going out mobs. Equip Melee Splash Support and take care of them. After getting rid of percentage amount of his life, you will teleport to map.

Your task is to get to the end of this map and kill Void monster of the Temple Map Boss. You need to avoid his balls while bursting him down. Don't tank his powerful slam and be careful, after killing him you will be taken back to Shaper.

After Shaper and Zana talk, you will go back to combat. This stage has only one different thing to previous one - there will be ball spam moment. You need to hide under Zana's barrier and wait there until armageddon ends. Remember that vortex will still follow you and in the end of animation of furry, Shaper will start using laser.

Again after certain point of his life, you will be transported to another realm. And this time you will be require to repeat killing void monster.

After killing it again you are send to last phase of battle with Shaper. After some time will appear Shaper's Clone - I don't have enough information but this clone probably don't deal damage and is there to cause more confusion.

I attempt him once, and ended crashing on his last phase. I know, that certain players did it with this build on Reave and Viper Strike setup. I will try to beat him again in HC Breach League.

7Lvg6wC

Ok, I write over and over about reflect resist. This build don't provide reflect immunity but only resist to its effect. Let's do some math for my juggernaut:

I deal 117500 physical damage per second with 8.2 attacks per second. That mean I hit 16.4 times due to Double Strike mechanics, each hit for ~7165 physical damage. Imagine we doing 18% reflect map.

First, let's calculate how much damage is reflected:
7165 * 0.18 = ~1290

Recipe for armour mitigation is:
physical damage reduction = 56210 / ( 56210 + 10 * 1290 )
physical damage reduction = 0.81
0.19 * 1290 = ~245

As you see, this build allow you to negate 81% of reflect with ONLY armour.

Then 6 enduring charges
0.76 * 245= ~186

And in the end Arctic Armour with Fortify:
186 * 0.8 * 0.87 = ~130

And the last one is increased physical damage taken from Abyssus:
for best scenario:
130 * 1.4 = 182
for worst scenario:
130 * 1.5 = 195

As you see, the amount of incoming damage from reflect was reduced by 85%.

xajwpzf

HsER2uJ

This build isn't hard mechanical in practice. You dive with Whirling Blades into crowd on monster and get fortify bonus. Then you cast enduring cry for endurance charges and after than you start killing enemies.
This build require 2 things from you: buffs/debuffs control and analyze situation near your character. Controlling all status on your character help you to react to situation. If you have full duration endurance charges you don't need to recast it in next group.
If you feel you are in bad spot, just reposition yourself with Whirling Blades. Try dodging skills from bosses like Malachai, Vaal or Atziri.

Clearing 6/10
With only use of Melee Splash Support and Increased Area of Effect Support you will get radius of 25 points. If you add to this your weapon range and Herald of Ashe AoE and those all crits you get nice clear speed. You can also add other uniques which increase area of effect if you want but keep in mind you won't be able to clear so fast as CoC or bow build.

Pofvr8f
Image represent AoE of Double Strike

Single target 7/10
Without changing gems sets for bosses, this build provide huge damage against rare, unique monster. If you want more dps 1 vs 1 (like PvP), just put off Melee Splash Support and put there Fortify Support and for Increased Area of Effect Support put Increased Critical Damage Support.

Difficulty 3/10
This build require from you to use 3 active skills: Double Strike, Whirling Blades and Enduring Cry. Build give you flexibility, so you can choose if you want play safe or be dynamic.

Fireworks 3/10
A lot of people love seeing skill compositions that make whole screen shake. Explosion, fire, dead body from sky are great but they cause lag, fps drop and even disconnects. I usually playing with screen shake on crit so with combination with fast moving with Whirling Blades you can see some fps drops. I'm using green herald of ash mtx to bring more visual effect to my gameplay.

Survival 9/10
Again, you have so much defense mechanics, that you can get hard hitting punches into face. helps with dealing with elemental damage too. Since as life based build we can't afford much defense against elemental damage - Huge life pool of this build with help of Arctic Armour, Fortify and Juggernaut's Unrelenting you have solid power shield.

P0pXYVq

I used Open Broadcaster Software to record video. It allow you to stream or/and record video to file. I had only one problem with setting options: game is working on max details and I don't lose fps but OBS duplicate frames on highest details. So for record needs I changing my settings in game to medium and even with those I still find it hard to make material worth to upload.

I'm not good at recording anything but video will show You how build generally works.

Remember this build is about survivability so don't expect any godlike clear speed and one-shoot bosses. Also this runs were with Increased Area of Effect which didn't bring any extra damage against bosses (what mean that was pretty 5L against bosses). Also that runs are done with much worse gear (with tooltip 240k). Don't worry about not getting so much DPS as on stats.

[2.3] Double Strike Tank Montage: https://youtu.be/OIn6ALkyG6A
[2.5] Dealing with bosses with really hard mods https://youtu.be/9SmDTsy01cs

Coming updated video at Saturday for 2.5. You can expect, better clear speed, fast boss deletion, more tanking. I want to check new melee QoL before posting anything.

This build can be still used with skills like Reave, Cyclone, Flicker Strike or others.

i8HTQWW

DOQEmVv

Q: With which class I can use this build?
A: This build is playable as Marauder, Scion, and Duelist.

Q: What about Shadow?
A: In patch 2.1 he was one of available characters but after Ascendancy release, his classes doesn't fit my build. Yes, you can still make build with Assassin class but it's very inefficient since you can cap 95% much easier and many points in skill tree are useless. Maybe in future I will make special variation for Shadow.

Q: Can I use this build on Hardcore?
A: Definitely yes. You can obtain over 200% increase maximum life from tree and with even decent gear you will have over 5000 HP. That mean you can obtain 6.5k life.

Q: Is this another expensive build?
A: First, I need to say that I played mostly self-found. My build have potential to get over capped elemental resistance and capped chaos resistance. But that doesn't mean if you won't be able to get those res on gear, build will not be viable. My passive tree helps with building life pool, armour and resistance - so you won't be force to grab end game items at beginning. In worst scenario, you will be force to buy Bino's (5-20c) and Abyssus (10c-1ex). I would recommend to not craft %armour on amulet since you can find one with this stat.

Q: But what about 6L?
A: You can reach damage for end game maps with 4L. Two another links are more QoL. Increased Area Support increase range and Critical Strike Chance Support allows you to get rid of power charge setup. Also you can obtain 6L by farming The Celestial Justicar divination card or by using corrupted tempest.

Q: This build works in PvE but what about PvP?
A: You will have hard time versus block builds. But remember, it's not always about winning against them, it's about that they can't win - so rush DRAW in those fights. In other situation you will more likely win.

Q: How about parties? Will my damage fall off?
A: Those days, Path of Exile is Path of the same auras on each char. Whenever i join a party, I meet a players with Hatred/Haste/Anger/Wrath. Since I don't use any of offensive auras, I gain full advantage from party members. Also sometimes I feel that I carry party in whole map but sometimes everything die before I can reach it what make it harder to generate charges.

Q: Will build change in future?
A: Probably yes. Everything depends on upcoming content.

Q: Can I improve stats even more?
A: Look for information in flasks section, invest into Voidheart or get MIRRORED GEAR.

Q: Why are you using melee splash?
A: After 2.1 this support gem change my build from viable to great for endgame maps.

Q: Why not Reave?
A: Double Strike attack twice per one cast which gives advantage over Reave in two scenarios: while doing reflect map you need to mitigate two times less damage and your leech is two time more efficient vs rare/exiles/bosses (since leech now stack). Also, Reave feel more like range skill which I don't like use.

Q: What are benefits of Double Strike vs Cyclone?
A: Cyclone has higher mana cost which is hard to handle without any investment to mana pool or without using Blood Magic. Other way to sustain mana as cycloner is to increase distance traveled which prevent you from dodging dangerous attacks. Cyclone is movement gem so it prevent you from using Arctic Armour which reduce our defense mechanics (reduction work only when you stay in place)(some people use it for chill effect). Also damage scaling is higher on Double Strike. But the main reason is I DON'T like it.

Q: Why don't you go for Vaal Pact?
A: Never found myself in situation when my capped leech + life flask weren't able to handle damage taken. Also my pathing isn't good for taking this keystone. If you used to take Vaal Pact, I won't stop you from taking it. Also, you won't need to take more leech nodes - PoB showing full leech with current setup.

Q: What is your opinion on current state of daggers? What do you think of going for claws or swords?
A: I redone this build with claws in HC Legacy and with swords in Beta. Both weapons feel like a good alternative and some of their unique representatives brings fun interactions. I have new chapter dedicated for weapons choice but I want to update whole guide at once.

Q: I can't read text on borders. Do you plan changing font?
A: Already did it.

Q: English isn't your native language, isn't it?
A: Yes, it isn't my native language but I'm from time to time correcting some spelling.

Q: Chris said about not willing to change some skills because some players use them. What's your opinion on this statement?
A: Since 2.0 I just waiting until Double Strike or Melee Splash got rework. This skill is in a bad spot like other namelocking skills. I don't really care if this build gonna brick because of their rework - it still will be working with others skills. So I DON'T MIND CHANGES.

FscaHHT
view-thread/1321402
Last edited by ShihanPiotr on Jul 3, 2017 2:26:25 PM
Using this build now, very early days but how do you deal with your mana usage? I saw you use mana leech but only after 66 points or so? Just pop flasks all day every day before then?
"
Qiix wrote:
Using this build now, very early days but how do you deal with your mana usage? I saw you use mana leech but only after 66 points or so? Just pop flasks all day every day before then?

Before that I rush mana leech on gear. If you can't roll mana leech or get one, you can use hybrid flask or mana flask.

EDIT:
I will try adding today item suggestions.

EDIT 2:
Added.
view-thread/1321402
Last edited by ShihanPiotr on Aug 11, 2015 5:11:48 PM
Added:
- item suggestions,
- map modes,
- boss fights explanation,
- beyond monster explanation,
- risky rouge exiles,
- how to run Atziri,
- crafting jewels.
view-thread/1321402
Last edited by ShihanPiotr on Jul 16, 2015 1:20:26 PM
very nice guide,thanks
Is this HC viable? Looks interesting and I ripped on my cyclone marauder :(
Edit: Double post. Sorry guys.
Last edited by Tyrrn on Jul 24, 2015 2:16:31 AM
This build looks good with the amount of life you have. But i am actually thinking of going Claws with VP. Also using Reave instead of duel strike. Using this tree

http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAQkEswthDkgPqxGWFCAV_Ra_IuokiyaVKCoqCypNNZI2PTrhPAU8LT38PydF9ErIS1dN41BHUUxVS1hjXfJfP1-wYeJirGSvZ5to8mqVbIxtbG6qb1dvnnBScNV2rHcHeBl9W4MJg1-DzITFhVKHE4nTijiLT4w2jM-SfZKAk5CXeZhvm2qbtZyknaqiAKZXpn-sR62Nrj6vbLGztMW1SLXytz642b8AwGbA48GgwzrEWMauxtjKSs9-1gfYvdlh3CPdSORR5c_qGO1B7w7vfPAf8bPyRfPq9kj3Mv4K_o8=

Also, How do you deal with the defensive downfall of abyssus? I feel like if u got hit even with that Armour it would hurt alot
Last edited by Pharcri on Jul 24, 2015 2:38:25 AM
"
Completed 1 ChallengeBazooko wrote:
very nice guide,thanks

Thanks for your opinion! I really happy you liked it :)

"
Completed 9 ChallengesTyrrn wrote:
Is this HC viable? Looks interesting and I ripped on my cyclone marauder :(

Yes, it's hardcore viable. Decent gear should provide over 5k life and defense mechanics provide a lot of protection from hardcore killers like devourers, leaping frogs, charging roas. But even with this additional help from build, you still need some notion about how hard can hit some bosses (Vaal, Malachai) or monsters (pack of golems with crit totem next to them).

"
XtraSalty wrote:
Also, How do you deal with the defensive downfall of abyssus? I feel like if u got hit even with that Armour it would hurt alot

Abbyssus is high risk / high reward item. But is this risk so high? Answer is no. Increased physical damage taken is counted as last. So after calculating all defense mechanics we get hit by around physical 200 which will cause extra 100 physical damage.

I watched your edited skill tree. I would recommend to change path from 2 points above Born of Fight for 2 points above resolute technique. This change will give you opportunity to grab so HP/reduce mana nodes. Also remember that Abbyssus will increase degeneration from Blood Rage from 4% to 5.6%.
view-thread/1321402
Last edited by ShihanPiotr on Jul 24, 2015 9:51:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info