[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

Why not cyclone? What are benefits of double strike vs cyclone?
IGN: Drusek
"
Drusek wrote:
Why not cyclone? What are benefits of double strike vs cyclone?

Cyclone has higher mana cost which is hard to handle without any investment to mana pool or without using Blood Magic. Other way to sustain mana as cycloner is to increase distance traveled which prevent you from dodging dangerous attacks. Cyclone is movement gem so it prevent you from using Arctic Armour which reduce our defense mechanics (reduction work only when you stay in place). Also damage scaling is higher on Double Strike.
And the most important thing, I done with current melee meta. I hate seeing all the time the same builds in my party: Ice Crash, Reave and Cyclone. I was aiming into something fresh and forgotten.
IGN: Nanashi_Sabazashi
"Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide
view-thread/1321402
yet another abyssus / dagger build ...
chaotic neutral
Cool Guide nice details... where you get 39.4 k armor ?
"
DeeMonk wrote:
Cool Guide nice details... where you get 39.4 k armor ?

I have on gear over 4k armour which gives me 10k armour with only passives from tree. Then add to this bonus from Determination. Since I use Surgeon' Granite Flask (each time I crit I get back 1 charge) I am able to use it all the time. Also suffix "of Iron Skin" give me ~80% increased armour during flask effect. If we combine this with Vaal Molten Shell we won't get extra 1k armour but 5k.
view-thread/1321402
Last edited by ShihanPiotr on Aug 12, 2015, 8:40:40 AM
Updated information:
- Stats:
New DPS with 3lvl Enlighten gem:
> over 85k AoE
> over 130k Single
New DPS without gem:
> 75k AoE
> 120k Single
Life improved by 150 with 7% increased maximum life:
> 6002
view-thread/1321402
Last edited by ShihanPiotr on Aug 25, 2015, 6:13:44 PM
Updated informations:
- Reflect,
- Atziri run explanation,
- Uber section.
Added new content:
- Life Leech,
- Mana Leech.

view-thread/1321402
Last edited by ShihanPiotr on Aug 24, 2015, 7:28:32 AM
Updated information:
- Pros and Cons,
- Stats,
- Question and Answers.
Added new content:
- Flasks.

In progress:
- Customized stats,
- 80+ maps,
- Uber Atziri video.
view-thread/1321402
very nice guide, thanks for sharing
do you think it would work with BOR instead of Abys, I sooo hate that helmet

updated
thanks for the comparison I still have a Legacy BOR that I am itching to use since returning to game LOL
working on a build atm based off this guide thanks
I can be spotted wondering Wraeclast
Last edited by TheGreenGhost on Oct 7, 2015, 5:46:25 PM
"
Soulphage wrote:
very nice guide, thanks for sharing
do you think it would work with BOR instead of Abys, I sooo hate that helmet

Sorry for so late answer but I had business trip and couldn't find time to check forum. But let's get to the point: Abyssus vs Bringer of Rain.

Abyssus gives you huge flat physical damage and increased critical strike multiplier - those two mods are great boost of damage. Also you gain possibility of using chest. That mean you can gain over 110 resistance, over 100 life and over 1700 armour on both items.

BoR gives you half amount of flat damage as Abyssus and over 200HP (or 120 non legacy). Extra evasion on BoR recompense some of armour but you need take in mind that our passive tree doesn't provide increases for evasion. Nice thing about this helmet is extra 15% block chance (or 6% non legacy).

BoR gives you free 7link item but even with legacy version your damage will be lowered by 20k physical damage. Also it make harder to cap res on other items since we need to rush for T1 resistance on other gear.
view-thread/1321402
Last edited by ShihanPiotr on Oct 10, 2015, 7:04:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info