Frost Wall Pierce Nerf - Devs please explain!

I'd like to know how/why Frost Wall's interaction with Kinetic Blast and Pierce was changed, whether it was an intentional nerf to any build, and whether it can be reverted or fixed.

Previously, the KB projectiles would cause explosions for each projectile that pierces each frost wall.
With the new patch it behaves differently: https://youtu.be/Wxy_cdkUCFg

As you can see in the video, piercing now creates significantly less KB explosions. When I take off most of my pierce chance, shooting the wall creates many more explosions. This demonstrates the severe impact this change has on builds that utilize Pierce + Kinetic Blast + Frost Wall.

Please respond with information on what the actual change was that causes this, whether you did it purposely to nerf a build, and whether you would consider reverting or fixing it. Many people are waiting for this information, so I would greatly appreciate an answer.

Thank you for reading & for your time.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
pabrt wrote:
I'd like to know how/why Frost Wall's interaction with Kinetic Blast and Pierce was changed, whether it was an intentional nerf to any build, and whether it can be reverted or fixed.

Previously, the KB projectiles would cause explosions for each projectile that pierces each frost wall.
With the new patch it behaves differently: https://youtu.be/Wxy_cdkUCFg

As you can see in the video, piercing now creates significantly less KB explosions. When I take off most of my pierce chance, shooting the wall creates many more explosions. This demonstrates the severe impact this change has on builds that utilize Pierce + Kinetic Blast + Frost Wall.

Please respond with information on what the actual change was that causes this, whether you did it purposely to nerf a build, and whether you would consider reverting or fixing it. Many people are waiting for this information, so I would greatly appreciate an answer.

Thank you for reading & for your time.

I know , it sucks, now i have to regret out my kb striker to make it a coc kb build instead, quite fucked up :(
Rampage IGN : Cool_Hamster
Standard IGN : Hamsterbaby
Standard IGN : HamsterMfer
Please do not hesitate to contact me in game if you have posted or offered on my items.
Regards
because this shit was op as fuck

-it allowed retarded amount of damage w/o realy needing much investment
-It turned somthing good for AoE in to somthing also godlike for single target giving best of both worlds
-it protected you from everything you to the point you could go EB+CI and still faceroll maps because nothing can hit you EVER

while i like the mechanic of it.
it was way to strong.
used it myself in 1.3 and my god, even burn prolif looked lackluster when compared to this.
"
SjakaWaka wrote:
because this shit was op as fuck

-it allowed retarded amount of damage w/o realy needing much investment
-It turned somthing good for AoE in to somthing also godlike for single target giving best of both worlds
-it protected you from everything you to the point you could go EB+CI and still faceroll maps because nothing can hit you EVER

while i like the mechanic of it.
it was way to strong.
used it myself in 1.3 and my god, even burn prolif looked lackluster when compared to this.

EB + CI ........... Please don't bull shit.

It is over tuned in 1.3. But now is pretty fucked. 4 Linked single target wand skills are shit.
Rampage IGN : Cool_Hamster
Standard IGN : Hamsterbaby
Standard IGN : HamsterMfer
Please do not hesitate to contact me in game if you have posted or offered on my items.
Regards
i dont see how 4 link single target being bad has anything to do with this thread
that is a diffrent issue.
There is nothing about this change in patch notes, if i'm correct?

We need information about this change.
"
ordinateur123 wrote:
There is nothing about this change in patch notes, if i'm correct?

We need information about this change.

I didn't see anything in the patch notes about this change, it seems like kind of a behind the scenes change they thought no one would notice.

Definitely need more information from the devs about this!
bump
bump for answers!
bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info