Frost Wall Pierce Nerf - Devs please explain!

For a build that needs a 5L volls, a decent wand, lots of crit gear, absolutely needs a thiefs torment or dies to reflect, then needs to get resists/life elsewhere, its sure not cheapOP.

GGG are known for nerfing good builds as soon as someone finds them, ahem, but afaik they generally do that by a stated and documented nerf. The fact that this one was completely behind the scenes and possibly tied to other changes going on makes it look very unintentional, and it really, really should be fixed, because it harms more builds than just CoC-FW
"
If it's not on the Patch Notes it is considered a Bug then, at least imo.
So if it's a Bug, they'll fix it. If they don't, they're being negligible.

But i wouldn't be surprised if it really was just another bullsh*** nerf from GGG.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

"
because this shit was op as fuck

-it allowed retarded amount of damage w/o realy needing much investment
-It turned somthing good for AoE in to somthing also godlike for single target giving best of both worlds
-it protected you from everything you to the point you could go EB+CI and still faceroll maps because nothing can hit you EVER

while i like the mechanic of it.
it was way to strong.
used it myself in 1.3 and my god, even burn prolif looked lackluster when compared to this.

Yeah right, because being SmartOP is forbidden while being RichOP is not. Brilliant !

It may be OP, but if it's OP because the player was smarter using the game mechanics, so the player must be rewarded. Not punished.
It's the same thing using Reave with dual wield without dual wielding it in fact, like use a Brightbeak on the off hand as a Shield-Weapon.

There's a difference to One Shot a boss with a single no-brainer skill for no reason, and to deal High Damage because you're using your mind instead of your fingers.

The only thing OP in this game is CoC and Low-Life/Mjolner/ExtremelyStupidDPS builds.

But accordingly to GGG, these are working as intended (even when they're nerfed, they're still OP).

So using your mind, it's not working as inteded.

props to the guy who noticed the mechanic.
but honestly most people aren't being rewarded by by smart but by copy pasting what some other dude did.

btw you say CoC is op wel ye i agree and its also what made KB with the frostwalls so op
also there should be a limit to how much your being rewarded with clever mechanics.

not sure how it is now.
but the old KB+coc frostwall was way to strong.
the fact that with 2 support you could not only:
-multiply your damage beyond any other supports could ever do
-turn multi target also good voor a single target
-protect you from everything on the screen

i mean the first point alone should have raised eyebrows
the fact that the best offensive support happens to be also the best for defensive and single target ?
should never happen in my opinion.
Last edited by SjakaWaka on Jul 20, 2015, 5:03:03 PM
bump
██▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░░░░░▄██
█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█
█▄░░▄███████▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█
█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░▄▄░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░▄█
██▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░▄███▄░░░░▄████▄░░░░░░▄██
Just for info.

It was direct nerf for frost wall. It was added in 2nd beta iteration.

I tried to use 100% pierce spark and fw for moar bounces, it have same effect as kb piercing wall.

Maybe CW just forgot to add this change to his 2.0 book.

And tip for you : I guess no1 from GGG will give a fuck about this thread when there is ~1k reddit wine about 2.0 and rest shit, so there is no reason to bump it.

Have fun. But its not allowed here.
Path of Exile > Diablo II > TorchLight 2 > Diablo I > Hello Kitty Online > Diablo III
I can accept having a CD in frost wall, but I don't understand why it can't crit.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
"
I can accept having a CD in frost wall, but I don't understand why it can't crit.

and do tell what is the problem with that ?

frost wall is designed to protect you by putting a barriers between you and mobs.

wich it does.
"
DarkRay wrote:
Just for info.

It was direct nerf for frost wall. It was added in 2nd beta iteration.

I tried to use 100% pierce spark and fw for moar bounces, it have same effect as kb piercing wall.

Maybe CW just forgot to add this change to his 2.0 book.

And tip for you : I guess no1 from GGG will give a fuck about this thread when there is ~1k reddit wine about 2.0 and rest shit, so there is no reason to bump it.

Have fun. But its not allowed here.

When specifically did the change get added (what else was in that patch)? I played in the second iteration and it was working then (unless you have another meaning of second iteration).

Also, i'm not sure how your spark + pierce example shows the same concept. If spark pierces fw, you don't get more bounces, it just pierces through it; in fact you should have 0 pierce if you want it to bounce off. The example I think you mean is fork?

Regardless, the change has not been documented at all by GGG, and should be addressed directly by a dev to at least acknowledge that they did it intentionally, and explain why.
Last edited by pabrt on Jul 22, 2015, 2:55:20 PM
It can't be intentional. Frost walls interaction with *all* projectile skills was goofed up with 2.0.0. Theres a thread in bug reports pointing out how it doesn't block porcupine death quills anymore, at least in any reliable way, and its become clear that frost wall's collision detection for all projectiles is messed up.
Maybe someone with proofs should post in bug report? check to see if it's a bug?
the change to frost wall also nerfed my CWDT setup. It used to protect me from porcupine mobs' spike novas when they die. Now the spikes are getting through the wall. There's something weird going on with the frost wall's collision size.
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info