[2.0] Leary's Hybrid Summoner (Once Again): Dual Curse, invincible summons, Atziri viable

Disclaimer:

Hello All, Im back with summoner, and on request of Rootz, Im posting a preliminary sketch of what I will be trying to do. It will not be expensive, nor playtested. I will be aiming for atziri and the build might change accordingly.

----------
Update as of lvl 86/after atziri kill:
gear

thoughts

1. Darn, we need charisma to run 4 aura's and I don't like running just 3. Decided to go for charisma because
2. Jewels ARE strong. end of discussion. Damage perfection is the biggest reason for this. In 7 levels, we can have either more survivability, or 2 more jewels, and with those jewels more survivability and damage. Besides Minion damage, you can get whatever you want. With a decent shield and bone offering, you can cap minion block no problem.
3. I need more vaal gems. Got vaal grace, but I really miss vaal haste. Trying to get that.
4. You don't need too much chaos res, between 25% and 50% is the sweet point, depending on how well the life pool is.
5. Rathpith is too expensive, but, you can get sentari's answer instead. Saffells is decent to map with too tho, so don't be too complainy about it. It will drop in price eventually
6. Should I try to fit in a BM aura for a purity of X? I don't know, but it would allow me to run better flasks. Probably a more endgame goal

atziri

Atziri was killable. But with the current setup, and the fact that I didn't do her in over 6 months, it wasn't the most comfortable. Without vaal haste and at least a third vaal skill to pop a bit later, you need real strong play to don't die. The minions can do whatever tho, and don't die on anything but the chaos degen in triboss and flameblasts of atziri. Ran with 4.9k effective (1.9k life unreserved, 3k es). Was always able to take at least 1 hit of whatever. I think next time Im taking out temp chains for atziri and instead will throw in frostbite or something else useful

----------
Update as of lvl 77:
Gear

Thoughts

1. Don't level as a summoner. Act 1 merc is when you can transition into summoner
2. 3% life on block is strong enough not to run vitality, will most likely run haste instead
3. seeing how strong jewels can be, I think it's worth picking up the jewel location between Ci and EB
4. Minion speed is not as strong as I thought it would be, so we'll stick to the old setup for our minions, especially now we're going to run Haste.
5. Mana is not the easiest, Heart and Soul is a reasonable pickup for the moment
6. I want a rathpith!

Current (lvl 77)
----------
Tree for lvl 86 (Main late-game goal):

Passive skill tree Hybrid

Or a lvl 89 Goal. It's up to the player mostly.
Passive skill tree Hybrid

Order of importance:

Minion and Aura nodes
Main survivability nodes (Dual nodes, Templar nodes, and nodes you have to pick to connect, obv)
Main curse nodes (Whispers of doom block)
Rest of survivability and Curse nodes

Gear and Links we will be trying to run:

Bones of Ullr (Ill be getting two pairs, but non-atziri should be fine without inc duration):
4-link Spectre : Raise Spectre - Minion Damage - Spell Echo - Minion speed/Inc Duration, switch according to situation (Evangelists, as usual, I haven't played with revenants, but the bubbles are still worth it to me)

+2 Minion gems helmet, ES/Life based
4-link Zombies : Raise Zombie - Fortify - Minion life/Empower - Multistrike (still best dps up, and as before, we will be running hatred)

Gloves, ES/life based.
4-link CoH : Arc - CoH - enfeeble - Temp chains

Victario's Influence - Our chest to run enough aura's
Spoiler
So, here is some math, because we need to know how much aura's we can run:

with 20% reduced reservation to gems inside, and 22% reduced reservation from the tree we are at 58% reservation, which can obv be further reduced by Enlighten lvl 3, which we will be "trying to get, but I'm not yet counting on that.

Since we will be running a couple aura's on life, we'll be running those in this chest for efficiency, meaning we will need discipline and PoE to be on mana and not in the chest, for a reservation base of 70%x78% = 54.6% Which we will most definetly be reducing with enlighten first. So, we'll start with the two base aura's we'll need, Hatred, and Vitality. tbh, I don't know the numbers for Vitality, but let's say thats 35%, so we'll end up with 85%x58%=49%ish. that's too much, most definetly, so let's run vitality on life, hatred on mana. We'll end up with the links: Hatred- lvl 20 generosity (because, this needs to be on high generosity for dmg) and vitality - blood magic. Hatred will reserve 29% of mana, putting us to 83.6% reserved mana, and vitality puts us on about 30~35ish life reserved. (again, dont know the exact numbers yet). Not having haste isn't the worst, we have the gem in our spectre link to make up and we received buffs in our tree and with jewels (only slighly, but enough, I guess).

2link : Hatred - lvl20 gen, 2link: Vitality - Blood magic, 2link: Vaal Haste - Vaal Grace/Discipline
This will prob change to Haste - Blood magic but I don't know all that certain yet what to run on life and what on mana

Wand (No midnight bargain yet, I don't have a clue if we can manage)
3-link Aura's : Discipline - Purity of Elements - Enlighten (eventually lvl 3), Vaal discipline till then

Saffells/Rathpith/Crest of perandus (our beloved NA shields)
3-link Flesh offering/Bone offering - Convocation - Desecrate

Once we upgrade into more gear, get a sidhebreath, corrupted, get an unset ring, for extra slots, and enlighten gems

If we get enlighten gems, we might be able to fit Haste in there, or maybe Grace, for the times Haste isn't needed. See fit for that as you want.

--

Updates to come, please recommend me anything I might want to consider in this setup. The base will stay the same tho, Dual curse hybrid. Chaos golem won't fit as of currently, but If I could, I would, that thing is tanky enough I'd love it.
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
Last edited by leary93 on Jul 23, 2015, 11:23:23 AM
Thank you Leary!! as always appreciated. I really enjoyed your 1.3 build & thread and i think a lot of people are happy to see you posting again :)
Nice to see you! I haven't gotten around to respeccing my witch in standard yet b/c I'm unsure what aura(s) to give up, etc.
I look forward to your adventures.
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Jul 13, 2015, 3:39:48 PM
Updated a bit with some thoughts. Summoners are even stronger than I thought, and Might not be hit at all with the aura nerfs.

I don't know about spectres yet. Evangelists are running hot, and to be honest, I don't know if I want to give up those shields. Zombies are also still able to dish out decent damage with my current gem setup, but I also don't have a fortify gem yet. Being able to still run hatred makes the biggest difference here I guess.

Running currently with permanent IIR gem in my evangelists links tho, which doesn't seem to hurt me at all, increased duration will replace that eventually, but most likely not before I go ahead and take on atziri or high lvl maps.

Chaos resistance is still to be added into my gear, but is still high priority.

Fortified legion is only 1c boys. Get one with a good roll. It's worth it.

Leadership cobalt jewels of the wall are extremely expensive, so if you go ahead and get one, make sure it's 4% block and close to max roll. Or roll one yourself. But again, if you really want to max dps and tankiness, this is what you need.

--

question to the community: Revenants, do their attacks deal full lightning damage, or is it scaled off of a base phys converted into lightning, or is it a spell?
Revenants deal full lighting damage. I did some testing with both evangelists and revenants.

Revenants deal alot more dmg, but evangelists are more defensive because of shields.

With my currect build low life since i dont like hybrid ... i dont have hybrid proper gear for 50% + chaos res, since we use midnight bargain. And without high chaos res you will be oneshoted in 77+ hard maps.

So i did a test with palace dominus phase 2, he was dead in around 6-7 sec with revenants. And this is without any jewels with + damage.

So overall summoners situatuon has improved alot. Zombies were able to face tank palace dominus without any problems.

IGN: Summonium
Last edited by Eranicus on Jul 16, 2015, 3:25:01 PM
Yeah definitely start experimenting with all the new summoner options in 2.0. There is such a great amount of build diversity possible and am really excited for what other summoners can come up with so I can improve my build as well =).

Here's a list of potentially good spectres from the new contents:

Revenants: pretty much top tier in terms of dmg | lightning spell projectile

Knitted Horrors: Great for abusing bloodlust with srs in a hybrid build | 100% pierce 100% bleed 100% physical projectile attack

Lantern bearers/illuminates: | fire projectile burning ground spell

Firestorm dudes in kaom's area {I totally forget what they are called}

The current FOTM is Revenants but am sure there is some spectre that has a huge hidden potential and we had not theory crafted the optimal idea for it yet.

Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
"
Yeah definitely start experimenting with all the new summoner options in 2.0. There is such a great amount of build diversity possible and am really excited for what other summoners can come up with so I can improve my build as well =)

Couldn't agree more! I have a summoner to respec in standard and I'm waiting on it b/c I'm still not sure and she is in bottom of queue now since I'm busy w/warbands lately anyway.
Censored.
Also another interesting thing to notice my zombies now have 18644 hp. This is done by lv20 zombie gem in a vertex + empower lv4. After taking all the jewels with hp/dmg to minions and lv21 gem they will probably hit 23-24k, this will be insane :)

Animate guardian lv18 gem also in vertex + empower now has 25061hp on a tooltip (belly of the beast armor he wears doesnt show in the tooltip)

p.s. I know most of the items needed are not available in the temp. leagues, but I just wanted to show the potential :)

Last edited by Eranicus on Jul 16, 2015, 7:20:51 PM
"
Eranicus wrote:
Revenants deal full lighting damage. I did some testing with both evangelists and revenants.

Revenants deal alot more dmg, but evangelists are more defensive because of shields.

With my currect build low life since i dont like hybrid ... i dont have hybrid proper gear for 50% + chaos res, since we use midnight bargain. And without high chaos res you will be oneshoted in 77+ hard maps.

So i did a test with palace dominus phase 2, he was dead in around 6-7 sec with revenants. And this is without any jewels with + damage.

So overall summoners situatuon has improved alot. Zombies were able to face tank palace dominus without any problems.

yeah, Hybrid requires a bit more gear, agreed, but I want to be able to run Victario's influence for the extra aura radius/effect and such. Might not be the best but most certainly what I will test out. I think Low life is definetly an option. Revenants do deal more dmg. They are strong. I just don't want to run them because I want the shields (playstyle). I would most certainly not argue against running them.

And yeah, zombie life has improved drastically. I suspect them to be able to tank uber tbh
Hmm interesting new armor, I've missed it while checking new uniq's. There is one problem by using auras in chest peace, this means you will use 4 link specters. Maybe for evangelists it will be ok. But for revenants 6 link its like 30%+ more dps if you compare it to 4 link.

I did atziri today with my low life setup, and i have to say damage was superb.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info