Mirage of bones

Yup, I felt like both Mirage and Pit boss somehow got lost and instead of 73+ maps they somehow ended up in 68 ones.

There is not really a problem with the boss damage, since all clones only shoot where you were at when they spawned, they never turn.
The HP of the boss is massive for a 68 boss. though.
make his clones take 300% damage and i think it will be fine.
I can't seem to take him down no matter what :((

can kill every other 68 boss but him
S L O W E R
What pisses me off the most about this boss is i can NOT for the fucking life of me see ANY of them thats Walking! Thats the Trick Right? The one that is walking is the right one?

Well..... ALL of them just stand there and keep making copys of themselves! Even the copys are making copys of themselves so when theres 20+ of these bastards on my screen i dont see a single one thats moving at all the longer i fight the more he makes till theres just so many on the screen that i then start the get destroyed! I done this fight on the same build i done Double Hasted Res Dom!
30+ mins i finally just give up! Theres was not one of them that was walking and the copys do make more copys of each other!

I sit there for 30 mins going in and out trying to look for these things and thats all i saw! Or im Blind as a bat.... (Im AM a Welder and Fabricator so i am not going to say my vision isnt an issue here either... very well could be!) But for a 68 boss im not seeing it! Hes more of something i should be running into in about a 75-77 map not one of the starting maps to get you going in maps! No wonder some people dont give a shit about maps... they run into that shit as one of the first maps in that game and pretty much expect the rest of mapping to be more of the same!

When im taking down ALL 74-76 boss's including Torture Chamber, Jungle Valley, Residence Dominus, and all these other very much SHOULD BE hard boss's but this one 68 still eludes me even now then yes theres certainly something out of balance going on here! I think it would help ALOT if the copys didnt have the same life and defenses as the real one for starters! And making the real one a little more noticeable would be nice too! And i mean if you MUST have this dude making 20 copys of himself then take that into account and dumb down his average damage so when 20 of them are hitting you it doesnt turn into a blood bath! IDK something isnt right with this one for sure!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Jul 30, 2015, 8:40:35 AM
"
Usurr15 wrote:
make his clones take 300% damage and i think it will be fine.

Yeah this is one of the biggest issues besides not being able to tell which is which... THEY ALL are tanky as hell and all have the same amount of life it seems! So you end up killing 100s of these clones in 30 mins and the real one still has over half his life? Thats just discouraging as hell!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Desert map is chisel fodder for me 100%. Only Desert maps in my folder are those with some quality on it, which I might later turn into chisels or run.

I can now brute force this boss with my 2H Ice Crush / Sweep Marauder, however, doing this boss with fresh-to-maps character is extremely frustrating.

If real boss is alone, it is easy to identify him. Problems start when there is already several clones bunched up closely, which makes it harder to identify, which one is the real target. If he walks, it is again easy but more often than not the boss will just stand still and multiply itself.
Major issue for me is the fact that even if I can identify the boss, he stays in one spot for mere seconds. I can get 1 or 2 hits in before he teleports. Run, 1 or 2 hits, run, 1 or 2 hits, run, 1 or 2 hits, run ......run.. 10 minutes later run, 1 or 2 hits, KILL. Never ever again!
"
Demonoz wrote:
What pisses me off the most about this boss is i can NOT for the fucking life of me see ANY of them thats Walking! Thats the Trick Right? The one that is walking is the right one?

Well..... ALL of them just stand there and keep making copys of themselves! Even the copys are making copys of themselves so when theres 20+ of these bastards on my screen i dont see a single one thats moving at all the longer i fight the more he makes till theres just so many on the screen that i then start the get destroyed! I done this fight on the same build i done Double Hasted Res Dom!
30+ mins i finally just give up! Theres was not one of them that was walking and the copys do make more copys of each other!

Clearly you don't understand the boss .
Only the real one can make copy's
He mixes mirror arrow and blink arrow i assume this is why you got confused.
Sometimes he stays where he's at when making copy's and sometimes he's swapped with the new copy.

also when the copy's start the attack they do not turn.
which allows you time to reposition and avoid damage.

This boss is 1 that tricks the mind. it's the entire concept of the boss
and from what i see of people's posts, it has delivered.
I felt that as a caster you can out-line-of-sight him and safely wait until the real one reveals himself and starts walking. Golem helps using his method and the boss can't shoot over the tents I think.

Yes he's frustrating at first since you may not simply zerg him down nor kite him to death. I was mad as well a few days ago. Compared to the Grotto or M. Ledge boss, he's surprisingly difficult.
Fought Desert Boss once in Timed Zana Mission kill Corrupted Boss since then they are all chisels
I need a signature to look legit
3rd new map boss that i'm not going to bother with anymore.

Quarry: small enclosed space, tons of chaos/physical damage (the ground-slam alone can potentially 1-shot anybody but the beefiest players) and the boss summons waves of adds to enhance the "fun"

Pit: Boss itself wasnt that bad (when i had the time to actually go up against him) but the unlimited amount of trash adds made the fight impossible (perhaps only do-able for massive AoE builds) And small enclosed space again.

And now desert. Since the boss is named "mirage" shouldnt his clone's be rather easy to take down? Anybody doing over..say..4k in damage should be able to destroy-dispel the clones in a cple hits. NOT make them all have the same hp as the orig.

Keep their dps the same, just reduce their hp by a TON, so the player isnt being overwhelmed by a dozen+ full-blown copies of the boss.
-Zombie#1- "That guy has passed right over us 3 times now..shouldnt we be popping out to attack?"
-Zombie#2- "No way, you saw what he did to our friends. Lets just stay down here where its safe.
Besides, you heard how angry he is..keeps shouting something about needing the last 2 to clear.."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info